Author Topic: NBA Playgrounds 2 To Be Published By 2K, Releasing In Fall  (Read 909 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
NBA Playgrounds 2 To Be Published By 2K, Releasing In Fall
« on: July 24, 2018, 01:19:00 AM »

With virtual currency, you might be able to get a Mailman who actually delivers on Sundays.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47832/nba-playgrounds-2-to-be-published-by-2k-releasing-in-fall

2K will be covering the simulation and arcade sides of basketball this fall.

In addition to their annual NBA 2K release, 2K has acquired the publishing rights to NBA Playgrounds 2. The Saber Interactive game is now slated for a fall release on Switch.

Saber self-published the original NBA Playgrounds on Switch last year, though the original Playgrounds ended up being reissued as a patch could not be fit within Nintendo's patch size requirements.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playgrounds 2 To Be Published By 2K, Releasing In Fall
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »
The game got renamed “NBA 2K Playgrounds 2” which is weird because there’s technically no first NBA 2K Playgrounds. Imagine if Namco called the original Soul Calibur (Arcade/Dreamcast) “Soul Calibur II” because it was the sequel to Soul Edge.

In any case, unless Saber Interactive manages to dramatically improve the gameplay, this is still a hard pass.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »
So that's why my PS4 preorder was cancelled. Probably not going to buy it now that 2K's gotten their greedy micro transaction paws on it.

Seriously, **** 2K, ESPECIALLY when it comes to their basketball games.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 07:49:13 PM »
Looking forward to $150 gold edition with 30 Playground bux!