Author Topic: Not a hater but... (future prediction)  (Read 54758 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• The Rockin' Dog
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Not a hater but... (future prediction)
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2021, 11:04:58 PM »
I forgot to post the most accurate prediction in this thread!

Go ahead and bet against Nintendo. We'll just sit back and watch. And we'll laugh at you if they sell more than 5 million units in the first 12 months.

Congrats Agent-X! You were the real prophet all along.

Offline Mop it up

• Double-Crossing it up
  • Score: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2021, 11:25:56 PM »
Hee hee yeah, my initial gut reaction was pretty bad, I usually try to wait until things settle down first. I'm pretty sure I stated that the Wii U would be another runaway success, which was based mostly on pre-orders selling out. Whoops! Admittedly I'm kind of baffled the Switch has sold as well as it has, but I won't get into that.

Third-party and indie stuff has increased sure, but it's still the same types of support Nintendo's been getting. This is straying from the original point anyway, that the context of my original comment in its conversation is still mostly true as Nintendo doesn't have third-party support the way they used to 20+ years ago. Taking that out of context seems to have caused some confusion, but I suspect that was your goal!  :o

Square has supported other successful Nintendo systems with older FF titles like GBA and DS, so I actually wasn't that surprised they supported the successful Switch as well, especially with Sony systems out of the equation. I'm honestly kind of surprised that Activision hasn't tried a Call of Duty game on the Switch, as the Wii got most of them, and even the Wii U and DS got some. Ubisoft seems scared to try some of their "big" games that they tried on Wii U as well, such as Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, though I think they may have done a "cloud version" or something of an Assassin's Creed game?

Personally I haven't played and didn't own most of the games Switch gets so I've been pretty happy with it overall.

Offline Adrock

• Score: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2021, 11:45:29 PM »
And then there's this "prediction"...

To me, that's more than enough to push it over 15 million sales. Nintendo might get that in Switch's first year.

*Angry buzzer sound* WRONG!! Nintendo only got around 14 million Switchs sold in its first year. What a maroon! Maybe next time try and stay within reality when making a prediction.
I know you’re joking. For context: Not-Miyamoto predicted Switch would struggle to reach 15 million lifetime sales to which I replied it might reach that in its first year. I was pretty close.

That wasn’t even remotely my coldest take on these forums. For example, I vaguely remember stating Wii U should easily outsell GameCube.

Me after launch day vs. literally three months later