Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Life on Mira.  (Read 126281 times)

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Life on Mira.
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2016, 01:16:33 PM »
Gravidus, the Headless Emperor is so far the biggest bullshit tyrant. I can kill Luciel, the Eternal and Harmut, the Calamity, but this bastard's gimmick is crap. 100,000,000 HP. I run out of Skell fuel at 1/4 of his health.

Edit: I have officially run out of quests. I have a few affinity missions and maybe a Nopon caravan quest or two, but I can't find anymore. I have two related to Primordia to do though then I have 100% surveyed Primordia. Leaving me in the pickle of what to finish next. Oblivia has Gravitus, Sylvalum has Pharsis. Noctilum has Telethia. Cauldros I guess?

If we gonna do Ygg farming let's make up a date. I don't care for what runs we do, RP or Ticket grinding. Personally I prefer to just go through it normally  :P:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:34:31 PM by Triforce Hermit »
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 29, 2016, 01:24:35 AM »
Gravidus, the Headless Emperor is so far the biggest bullshit tyrant. I can kill Luciel, the Eternal and Harmut, the Calamity, but this bastard's gimmick is crap. 100,000,000 HP. I run out of Skell fuel at 1/4 of his health.

Edit: I have officially run out of quests. I have a few affinity missions and maybe a Nopon caravan quest or two, but I can't find anymore. I have two related to Primordia to do though then I have 100% surveyed Primordia. Leaving me in the pickle of what to finish next. Oblivia has Gravitus, Sylvalum has Pharsis. Noctilum has Telethia. Cauldros I guess?

If we gonna do Ygg farming let's make up a date. I don't care for what runs we do, RP or Ticket grinding. Personally I prefer to just go through it normally  :P:
Tell me about the Black Skell ;).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:28:02 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 29, 2016, 04:06:21 PM »
Rexoskell is an annoying challenge in Cauldros, though I'm sure you've already handled that.

Will I need a level 60 skell if we're doing Yggdra Conquest? Just want to make sure, I was going to go for Ares 70 first since it only requires beating up on some relatively tame mobs.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 29, 2016, 07:49:49 PM »

Ygg isn't back yet....dammit.

Trying to try a new melee build....Fucking Joker won't drop a Prime Sakuraba Photon Saber. Meaning I have to grind for Arts Gain TP XX...which I had to do anyways, but still a pain in the ass. Also **** the Blood Lobster.

@Evan- I would recommend a lvl 60 model at least. I didn't fight him until I got my Ares 70 though so don't take my word for it. With an Ares 70 you should be able to dodge 99% of his attacks just fine. But any level 60 model should be fine. A Level 50 model might be fine, but I would still recommend a post-game craft Skell.

@Pokepal- That asshole isn't required to 100% Primordia thankfully. But if I can increase Overdrive extends on my Skell it should be fine. Or just whore out my evasion stat and become OP :smug:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:51:34 PM by Triforce Hermit »

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 02, 2016, 07:44:29 AM »

Spending my Reward Ticket bank on three augments has opened my eyes to possibilities. Also, revealed how such a weak thing Overdrive initially is.

I crafted and set Ranged TP Gain Up, Overdrive Count XX, and Overdrive Extend XX (the Gain and the Extend being the important of the three). I've now had Overdrive chains that have lasted through entire encounters, and it is amazing. The TP Gain Up makes it fast and easy to get 3000 TP from a Gatling Gun, while the 25 extra seconds from the Overdrive Extend give me enough time to build the Overdrive Count and its bonuses. From there, the triple cool downs from my auras and buffs cycle fast enough to extend my time in Overdrive without resorting to activating Overdrive again.

Before, I was using the Essence Exchange art on the Photon Saber (gained from Yelv's Affinity Missions) as a crutch to chain Overdrives. That is a dangerous method to perform. Now, three augments have provided a much safer and more consistent path to getting my damage number light show.

Hour 280 dinged past and now I have all the classes mastered. Now I can go back to the Drifter class to enjoy those 5 skill slots.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »
Dear lord.

I love these games, I truly do, but your dedication to them is astounding. To think I'll have to do the same to 100% this monster is... daunting, to say the least.

I've been sitting in Drifter for a while ever since I obtained Sniper Rifles and Longswords, as I find Longsword Arts to be ridiculously good for TP gain (Multi-hit Aura AoE TP and Morale TP Arts+AoE Auto attacks which have TP gain are nice) Which allows me some decent Overdrive chains, but I do need an Overdrive extend to fully take advantage of the system.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 02, 2016, 04:48:29 PM »
I would love to do some conquest stuff.
If we could get a group of 4 to go after Ygg and farm tickets, I would be up for it. I would love it actually. I need a ton of a tickets.
I'm game. We can try to get something going when the next Yggralith pops up.
I'm not sure if I have you folks added on Wii U. What are your NNIDs? Mine's Mop_it_up.

I have never tried the "global nemesis" stuff as even though the range is lvl 1-60, I'm guessing it takes endgame equipment to stand a chance. And I'll probably need better stuff than I have now, even. So I may not be much help, but I'll try!

Pro tip: Grinding Joker the Unknowable in the Divine Roost is a good idea after you get an Ares 70.
You don't even need something this strong, though it won't go as quickly. I could beat it in a couple of minutes using a lvl 50 Skell and the weapons Phoenix and a G2 Buster. The mobs will be defeated after using those two in succession, and then it'll take another couple uses to take out Joker. This is how I quickly went from the low 50s to the max level of 60.

Why 60 as max? So weird. I mean, I guess they wanted you to get Skells instead, but still weird.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:50:04 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 02, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
I think it's refreshing, and kind of humbling. On your own, you really can only do so much. But Skells are greater than Mims, they always will be.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 02, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »
Overdrive Extend XX is relatively easy to get. Arts Gain TP XX and Weapon Attack Up XX are worse. Much worse. I've spent 3 days straight on these and they made me want to rip my eyes out. I got two of each meaning I had to grind 384 fucking items. And those are just my weapons. I've not even started on my armor because WHERE THE HELL IS YGGRALITH I NEED HIS SCALES.

Fun Fact: True Armor costs 77,000+ tickets. God help me

I'm not sure if I have you folks added on Wii U. What are your NNIDs? Mine's Mop_it_up.

I have never tried the "global nemesis" stuff as even though the range is lvl 1-60, I'm guessing it takes endgame equipment to stand a chance. And I'll probably need better stuff than I have now, even. So I may not be much help, but I'll try!

An Ares 70 or a Level 60 Light Skell have high enough evasion to essentially cheat the Nemesis's. They are more or less damage runs with ticket rewards by then. On foot you shouldn't have too much of a problem either as long as someone can stagger lock them or make a useful distraction. With max Overdrive you should be invincible unless he reflects damage and you don't have a augment to nullify it. I think as long as one person is at max overdrive, anyone who goes into it will be at max as well.

On foot can deal out damage faster then Skells I believe, but Skells have a higher damage potential. And all the defense stuff too

NNiD is as listed in my signature: Triforcehermit09
I am on most of the day at the moment as this game now owns my soul until Twilight Princess comes out, but I'll be playing until I 100% Frontier Nav (above 90%!!).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:03:17 PM by Triforce Hermit »

Offline Ninferno

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 02, 2016, 09:26:30 PM »

For NNIDs you can click on a user's forum ID to open up his/her NWR forum profile page. I think most of us have listed our NNID there.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 02, 2016, 11:51:43 PM »
How many rejected friend requests have I sent you again? ;)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 02, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »
How long is it going to be before you just take the hint?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 03, 2016, 12:50:29 AM »
I'm actually quite excited to group up, as it would be the first time I've ever done a community event with the forum members.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 07, 2016, 03:28:30 AM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/42219/episode-466-part-2-a-lot-more-than-we-could-manage
The spoiler cast is finally here!

Also, Yggralith Zero is back as of 3/7/2016, 12:28 AM PT. I should hurry to get my hits in.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 07, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »
So we want to try a coordinate a time when a group of us can grind him?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2016, 06:03:11 PM »
I just need to get my Ares 70 up and running, but yeah, let's do it.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2016, 02:26:47 AM »
I can only play late in to the night on Tuesday (around 10-11 PT), but I'll have a few free days starting Wednesday.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2016, 02:38:32 AM »
I was planning on nabbing my Ares 70 late tomorrow night, that might work for me.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2016, 11:27:34 AM »
We will start when Evan gets his Ares then. I need to grind more BLADE Medals too. I only have about 10 or so. Let's just hope the community isn't overly enthusiastic and kills Ygg too fast.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
Phwoof, I'm at about 65 hours, ~50% overall completion, about to start Chapter 10, and I feel like I'm right on the precipice of burning out. Getting the flight module reinvigorated the game for awhile, but I'm stuck with a level 30 mech with a level 45 character, and I've totally lost a sense of RPG progression, and my mech is feeling comparatively weaker the more missions I do. I honestly don't understand a quarter of the systems here, and I'm losing confidence that I can keep muddling my way through. The amount of grinding that seems to be required for making better mechs looks prohibitive. I also have no idea how to make better mechs. I have no "recipes" and no idea where to get them.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
Get to Gear Level 50 and get a Level 50 Skell.

Your problems will be solved.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
Wait a minute. I need to kill Vita without a Skell?

Yeah, **** this game.

EDIT: just saw the drop on the Reward Ticket screen- thank goodness. Still need to build up some tickets for the Rexoskell drops though. Ugh. I need a good Ground Gear build.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:20:52 PM by Evan_B »

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2016, 12:34:25 AM »
The drop rate for Eerie Lightning Tentacles are so garbage. That, or I'm hitting the wrong appendages.

EDIT: Sadly, I'm being called in early on Wednesday, so no time to take down Ygg on Tuesday today.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:12:37 AM by Enner »

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 12, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »
Been distracted by Twilight Princess and Fire Emblem, but I will start coming online at night now hopefully if Ygg isn't dead yet. If so, then there is always Telethia.

Edit: Also

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:53:23 PM by Triforce Hermit »

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 12, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »
Heh. All I can say is once I get the taste of an Unlimited Overdrive Ground Gear build, all I want to do is make it better.

This a detriment as most of Lvl. 90+ Tyrants are aerial deities.