Author Topic: Nintendo Direct @E3 - Tune In Now  (Read 9659 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct @E3 - Tune In Now
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »
I liked that 3DS Batman footage!
indeed!
WindWaker looks nice too.

Tingle Tuner replaced with Miiverse?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
My feed is going crazy- trailers are going black and I'm watching trailers from other games. This Direct is all over the place.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
I barely saw anything. Worst stream ever.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
Animal Crossing Villager in Smash Bros is my Win for E3. No wait- It's Mega Man!!!!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 10:42:50 AM »
Pretty disappointed, but hey 2014 looks good. 

Offline Cyrian

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:03 AM »
I have it going on my computer and Wii U and the Wii U stream skipped from the beginning of Donkey Kong to the end of X.  It's like 8 minutes ahead now.

Offline mcpish

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
notice how everything is like 2014?  A pretty dry christmas season this year.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »
BONERLAND! Mega Man in Smash Bros.

Offline Cyrian

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
And then the computer stream cut out before it even got to Smash Bros. Wow what a cluster ****.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »
That was fantastic. I don't understand a single thing that happened, but it seemed cool as hell. After they introduced Megaman in smash bros. the feed totally killed itself.
and yes, everything being 2014 is potentially worrisome.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
I have it going on my computer and Wii U and the Wii U stream skipped from the beginning of Donkey Kong to the end of X.  It's like 8 minutes ahead now.
same here, gotta re-watch
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
Is it over? I have no clue what's happening now. Iwata was like "Come see our booth at E3, I'll show you" and then it just went black.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 10:46:28 AM »
Man these delays are going kill Nintendo--X, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Brothers being already 2014 titles :( .

Retro's new game wasn't an surprise--more Donkey Kong.  I kinda figured as much as DKCR sold 7 million copies that Nintendo would have another one coming out.

Very little 3d party love (other than the games already announced). 

No price cuts on the WII U?

----------------------------

My interest in a WII U is pretty damn low.  Sure I'll pick on up eventually just to play Mario/Donkey Kong but damn Nintendo needs to wake up to reality if they expect the system to sell.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:50:29 AM by ymeegod »

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
Nintendo just uploaded the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13D1I5s236o&feature=em-uploademail Watching this in Post.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »
The only exciting surprise is Mega Man in Smash... and I don't even like Smash Bros.

3D Mario looks really good. I guess that's exciting (but not really a surprise).
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
What this direct showed me is if Nintendo doesn't think its broke don't fix it.  3D land was great make another one with cats. Mario Kart Wii and 7 also awesome, combine them into one.  Donkey Kong Country=Awesome but needs Dixie Kong. Done! Everyone loves Smash Bros. Make a new one that appears to be exactly the same as the old one.

No new third party announcements and Retro's game is a major disappointment IMO.  No discussion about unified accounts. No GBA games.

Here's to 2014 if Nintendo can make it that long.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
I have a feeling that Nintendo is going to drop a lot of details and reveals through out the day while E3 is going on, but really why didn't they show the new Zelda trailer? http://youtu.be/qAluniNRibs Their Youtube page is more exciting than this Direct event.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »
Well, that was a lame Nintendo Direct, and Nintendo really needed a home run here.

- I loved Donkey Kong Country Returns, so I'm fine with getting another game. I just wish Retro wasn't likely the developer on it.
- Super Mario 3D World looks like...Super Mario 3D Land on Wii U, with SMB2 characters. OK, I guess.
- Mario Kart 8 looks like the same ol' Mario Kart, but with vertical tracks. That's neat, but if it doesn't factor into gameplay, that's not really a big deal.
- Wind Waker HD looks like...Wind Waker in HD. That's OK...I guess, but I would have liked Nintendo expanding upon the game's new features.
- I don't care about Wii U Party, and neither will the market.
- Art Academy Wii U is one of those games I don't care about, but based on what we've seen from the Miiverse artists, the Wii U needed it.
- I'm wary of what looks like mandatory touch controls in Wonderful 101, but I'll look forward to more info on that game.
- Bayonetta 2 looks potentially good. I just wish we got more gameplay footage.
- Smash Bros. U looks good, and I like the art style change with the 3DS game. Mega Man is a great inclusion who, unlike Snake, actually belongs in a Nintendo fighting game.
- X looks incredible. I wish Nintendo would give it a real name, though.

Overall, the only surprise in that Nintendo Direct was Mega Man in Smash Bros. Everything else, we already knew about, more or less, and the Wii U's lineup for 2013's looking pretty bare. Add the massive streaming issues to the pile, and Nintendo just failed to excite today.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
Iwata: Please enjoy your Wii U. In 2014.

In all seriousness, Super Mario 3D World looks amazing. I couldn't be more excited for this game. If I had to nitpick, I kind of wish the art style was simpler like 3D Land. I can't really bemoan the graphics though. They're great. Nintendo really likes going back to the nostalgia well. It works. I can't wait to play as Peach. I wonder who they're rescuing. Daisy? What if Wart is the villain?

I have to watch the whole thing (I've only seen some of the clips since I'm on my iPhone at work). The Nintendo direct was good, nothing spectacular. It was better than Microsoft's press conference, but that's not saying much. Nintendo didn't seriously **** anything up. They just failed to address the third party problem. It would have been nice if they secured one major third party title we haven't heard about and announced it at E3. Grand Theft Auto V would have been big.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
At this point I really feel like Nintendo is Nintendo and everyone else is Third Party and that's it. I don't expect to play any other games on Nintendo platforms except their games- that's why I buy them and other systems. It feels like Nintendo doesn't really want to offer what other consoles are releasing. If a company wants to put their game on Wii U or 3DS then Nintendo will likely let them, but I think Nintendo is done trying to please people who want Third Party support.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
I don't know if that's true. Nintendo absolutely wants better suppory. I think they're still trying to figure out how to appease third parties without getting take advantage of or resorting to groveling.

Having their support only helps Nintendo and makes them more money.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 05:58:57 PM »
I don't know if that's true. Nintendo absolutely wants better suppory. I think they're still trying to figure out how to appease third parties without getting take advantage of or resorting to groveling.

Having their support only helps Nintendo and makes them more money.

Here's how I see it: Nintendo could have made the Wii U as powerful as any next gen system, but they decided not to because they always cite keeping production costs to a minimum. They always choose to do that and then do very creative things with the hardware limitations. Most companies seem to only angle their games with high end game engines to these power consoles and then belittle Nintendo when asked about their game running on their systems. Rockstar made a great DS game that everyone judged because of the graphics, but then Retro City Rampage can come and mop up on every major console??? That is no one's fault but Rockstar who decided to not develop anything for a Nintendo console. It's kind of petty because it makes me feel like a lot of developers are just in it for money and Nintendo is trying to add something cultural or artistic to the gaming communities. Could it change? Yup and I hope it does, but for now I'm happy owning two consoles.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »
I gotta say, after watching the direct, everyone that bemoaned Nintendo not having a press conference today should finally see the wisdom in Nintendo's decision. I don't like the cheering and such in press conferences because it seems unprofessional, but that's the way e3 has gone.  But thinking of that reality, there would have been no way that this direct in a live press conference form would have drummed up any excitement.  During a pre-E3 dominated by new 3rd party ip, Nintendo did little to stand out if you weren't already a fan of its franchises. 

This direct was solid and I enjoyed it, but it lacked excitement for me.  A lot of what they showed didn't showcase much in the form of huge gameplay changes, especially incorporating the gamepad. I suppose more details will arise out of this week and I hope they continue the directs as well.

Nintendo Direct has continued to be Nintendo's greatest asset as a public face because if they had to rely on E3 solely to get a lot of people buzzing, they'd be in deep trouble.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »
I gotta say, after watching the direct, everyone that bemoaned Nintendo not having a press conference today should finally see the wisdom in Nintendo's decision. I don't like the cheering and such in press conferences because it seems unprofessional, but that's the way e3 has gone.  But thinking of that reality, there would have been no way that this direct in a live press conference form would have drummed up any excitement.  During a pre-E3 dominated by new 3rd party ip, Nintendo did little to stand out if you weren't already a fan of its franchises. 

Wasn't that the initial concern?  That Nintendo "ducking" E3 suggested that Nintendo didn't have anything truly exciting to show?  I don't criticize Nintendo for not having a E3 press conference, I criticize them for being in a situation where avoiding the live conference seemed like the way to go in the first place.  This isn't about E3, it's really about the Wii U.  It's not the lack of games being shown at E3 that truly matters, but that that means a lack of games PERIOD for the near future.

Nintendo needed to hit a home run but they effectively decided if they had the ability to do so at least a year ago.  They couldn't hit a home run because they went to the plate with a balsa wood bat.  They can't "fix" the Wii U anytime soon and that is scary because it doesn't have the luxury of time.  If you look at past consoles the writing was typically on the wall by the second Christmas.  You have an idea of where things are going at that point and I cannot see the Wii U doing much better then than it is now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »
notice how everything is like 2014?  A pretty dry christmas season this year.

Super Mario 3D World, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze were announced for 2013.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20