Author Topic: Fire Emblem 10  (Read 35870 times)

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2007, 06:44:18 AM »
I hope it's something like a bonus minor character or something else that won't directly impact the game and how well you enjoyed it. Because I never beat PoR.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »
Just so you know, an insane amount of heavy spoiler information has already been leaked online.

1. The game is actually split into 4 different parts. Each chapter is about as long as a single map in Fire Emblem 4.

2. Some "characters" will be returning. DO NOT look at the links below if you don't want to be spoiled.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1051/read67445sm2.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/466/read67446tu3.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2148/read67447od4.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4074/read67442ks9.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1487/read67441ke1.jpg

New Character: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5754/1171988829522vf0.jpg

3. An insane plot twist has been confirmed.

4. The Great Knight class returns.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2007, 02:41:06 PM »
And IGN says that there's no Wiitmote pointing. There goes my purchase of this game. I'll happily buy sequels but I won't buy effortless rehashes.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
Don't believe everything you read online.  In the diagram you linked to up above it shows the remote being used as a pointer.

New video of Goddess of the Dawn showcases players using the classic controller to plan their attacks.
Yea!  So a video shows one of the four control schemes and now suddenly the other three don't exist anymore?  This is stupid.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2007, 10:17:45 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjqc7tdaAo

The REAL full intro from the game.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Damn that was pretty sweet.  I have to remember to finish Trail of the Blue Flame (Path of Radience) one of these days.  I imported it right when it was released in Japan back in the summer of 2005 then got over half-way through it, but then I stopped for some reason and haven't played it since.

Oh wait now I remember, I stopped when my imported copy of Dance Dance Revolution with Mario arrived, then I bought a DS because it had that sale where you could buy the Blue DS and get Mario 64 DS for free.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
I just finished Path of Radiance last night.  I spent as much time on it as I did with Twilight Princess.  It is overall - a solid title.  I would give it an 8.5 out of 10.  It falls short on the side of presenting the story.  There are very few animation scenes and too much text to read.  The story is solid, but it needs to be presented with some flair.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2007, 01:08:36 PM »
Nice opening.

I have to wonder if the battle clip is from something in the present or in the past (didn't those two countries fight a war in the backstory of PoR?).  Also, anyone catch the sleeping girl?  Was that the girl from Bengion (umm... Sayaka?)? O_o

I couldn't catch any of the stills as they sped by.  Any new confirmations there?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2007, 12:52:01 PM »
IGN has confirmed the controls have zero waggle. WAY TO PHAIL NINTENDON'T!

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2007, 04:20:31 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
I don't think I used that punk[Sothe] once during PoR.

You missed out.  Sothe got sick even though he couldn't class change.  He put Volke to shame.

Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Koekoenutt

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2007, 07:39:22 AM »
Gametrailers has a pretty nice preview up on the new Fire Emblem. Gets me excited for when it will actually come out. I like Gametrailers for the most part, besides their laggy site and community that comments. Here's the Link for anyone who is interested. It's March 8th's Preview.
My Game IGN Game Collection List

Nintendo Wii Code: 4255-0170-3378-8998

Tetris DS: 370317-922331
Mario Kart DS: 060219-722474
Clubhouse Games: 3479-8100

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »
What, seriously? In all seriousness? Does it just not have enough vacuous online features for you lackwitted poltroons?

Has nobody else bought this game? I'm picking it up in a few hours...
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2007, 02:07:29 AM »

Originally posted by: PaLaDiN
What, seriously? In all seriousness? Does it just not have enough vacuous online features for you lackwitted poltroons?

Has nobody else bought this game? I'm picking it up in a few hours...

I love Fire Emblem, but it just isn't worth $50. Once it sees a price drop I will gladly pick it up. I'm still trying to finish the Cube one anyhow.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2007, 03:11:16 AM »
I say it is. I picked SMG up at the same time but I'm more excited about this game. Haven't touched SMG yet.

Initial thoughts: mmm, Fire Emblemy goodness. This game seems harder than Path of Radiance... or maybe I'm just rusty. The opening cinematic is absolutely gorgeous. What's more, cutscenes have subtitles. There goes my biggest complaint about the last game. This one is better by default.

If you're buying this game, be aware there's a glitch where your clear data won't transfer if you have any easy mode (red) FE:PoR save on your card.  

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2007, 06:00:50 AM »
Paladin fear not. I've been too engrossed by the game to come back and talk about it heh. Currently on either Chap 7 or 8 I forget which. This game has me wrapped around its pinky. I too have desired this far more than Galaxy (But not more than Brawl...I need Brawl. 1. Brawl, 2. FE, 3. Galaxy). It's amazing so far and I can't wait to see how many loose ends of Path of Radiance it ties up. But I've said enough, must paly more.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »
I'll be picking up the game sometime early next year.  I love Fire Emblem, but I have to wait until I beat Galaxy and Zack & Wiki.

Besides, I need to give it some time to let the Internet figure out which characters are good and which aren't.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2007, 06:56:03 AM »
Could someone confirm to me if the rumor is true the put the Gamecube game on there as well?  If so I may eventual pick this up.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2007, 07:26:59 AM »
I got this game last week when it came out, I unpacked it but haven't even started playing it...I still have the FE:PoR to finish anyway.

Offline Kenology

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2007, 12:51:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
I got this game last week when it came out, I unpacked it but haven't even started playing it...I still have the FE:PoR to finish anyway.

Same here.  I just replayed PoR on Hard to refamiliarize myself with the story.  Probably won't get to RD until winter break.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure that rrumor was debunked, Ceric. Too bad, as I sold my copy of PoR, but wouldn't necessarily mind playing it again for a primer.

If I were going to buy it, though, I'd buy Galaxy this week at Toys R Us, get the $25 GC, then go back next week and pick up FE, BWii, and RE:UC during the "Buy two Wii games get one free" sale, while using the $25 GC from the week before. That's about as good a deal as I've seen in a long time.  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2007, 04:39:20 PM »
This game just keeps getting better. I love seeing my favorite characters return.

I've been playing it every day since I got it. Mario who?

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »
I am thinking of picking this up tomorrow.  My biggest gripe with the first game was that Id play a mission for an hour and right when I was about to win someone would die and I would have to start ALL OVER AGAIN to do it.  I heard now the game autosaves every turn so that if someone died you could just rewind it back one turn, is this true?

Offline Kenology

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2007, 12:55:39 AM »

Originally posted by: darkheart
I am thinking of picking this up tomorrow.  My biggest gripe with the first game was that Id play a mission for an hour and right when I was about to win someone would die and I would have to start ALL OVER AGAIN to do it.  I heard now the game autosaves every turn so that if someone died you could just rewind it back one turn, is this true?

Yeah.  And I think that sucks.  Fire Emblem = a bit less hardcore anymore FTL.

Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2007, 02:59:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Kenology

You can play the Japanese version, or Hard Mode in the English version. You can't save every turn in Hard Mode. The Japanese version is uncensored... in difficulty that is.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2007, 03:55:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Kenology

Well to be honest, with school and work I dont have time to be a harcore gamer anymore.  When I was a kid growing up I had all the time in the world but I can't do that anymore.  I barely finish games anymore as is, so the feature is welcome to me.