Author Topic: Fire Emblem 10  (Read 36060 times)

Offline ATimson

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »
Looks as though we have a case of another good game lost to the annals of time due to bad marketing, poor release timing, or being too niche for it's own good.  :(
Not only did we lose it, but I think it was one of the last straws for LucasArts putting out original games; since then, it's all been Star Wars. (Not even Indiana Jones; they've been outsourcing all of those.)
Grr. Argh.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »
Most of the big recent Star Wars games were outsourced too, Factor 5 did the Rogue Squadron games and  BioWare did KOTOR, and I don't know who did LEGO Star Wars but it wasn't LucasArts. The Force Unleashed is the first big Star Wars game from LucasArts in a long time (maybe even since X-Wing and TIE Fighter).
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2008, 02:50:37 AM »
Most of the big recent Star Wars games were outsourced too, Factor 5 did the Rogue Squadron games and  BioWare did KOTOR, and I don't know who did LEGO Star Wars but it wasn't LucasArts. The Force Unleashed is the first big Star Wars game from LucasArts in a long time (maybe even since X-Wing and TIE Fighter).

Lego Star Wars was done by Travelers Tales if I'm not mistaken.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »
The Force Unleashed is the first big Star Wars game from LucasArts in a long time (maybe even since X-Wing and TIE Fighter).
I know they've doen dev work at least as recently as 2005, with Republic Commando. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved right from that to The Force Unleashed, though...
Grr. Argh.

« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »
And to be frank, I'm kind of bored of Star Wars altogether.  From a creative standpoint, it feels like the Star Wars universe has been mined for every gold nugget it can cough up.  And even a few not-so-gold nuggets.

No offense to any Star Wars fans out there.  But you know things are out of hand when the hum of a lightsaber on television is more common and banal than the sound of your neighbors revving up a leaf blower.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »
Don't worry, Indiana Jones Episode 5 & 6 on their way.  Lucas will add his new-age touch to even more 80s franchises, even ones he has nothing to do with.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »
From a creative standpoint, it feels like the Star Wars universe has been mined for every gold nugget it can cough up.  And even a few not-so-gold nuggets.
I'm not entirely sure that I agree that it's been mined for all the gold, but certainly the current staff at LucasFilm Licensing have played out the few veins they've been mining.
Grr. Argh.