Author Topic: Which Game Boy line of systems games would you like to see appear on NSO?  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
It can be anything you'd like, regardless of how realistic it is or isn't.

For a refresher, here is the current lineup and the list of announced titles:

Game Boy / Color
Alone in the Dark
Game & Watch Gallery 3
Gargoyle's Quest
Kirby's Dream Land
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Tetris
Wario Land 3

Upcoming:
Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Pokémon Trading Card Game

Game Boy Advance
Kuru Kuru Kururin
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (+ e-Reader levels)
WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$

Upcoming:
Fire Emblem
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Metroid Fusion

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
For the original Game Boy I would love to see a translated version of The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls which was a Japanese exclusive.  It is referenced in Link's Awakening as the character Prince Richard is a major character from this game.  Aside from it being in a Zelda game I know virtually nothing about it but after 30 years I want to get the references.

You said "regardless of how realistic it is" so there were are.  Not realistic but it would be really cool.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Metal Gear Solid on Game Boy Color is under appreciated due to being a late-ish release. It’s really expensive to get a copy on the second-hand market. It’d be great if more people got to play it legitimately.

There are some licensed games that I doubt will ever get re-released yet are actually pretty legit: James Bond 007 (GB), Shaman King: Master of Spirits 1 and 2 (GBA, they’re like simplified Castlevania games), Lilo & Stitch (GBA), and Lilo & Stitch 2: Hamsterviel Havoc (GBA).

I listed a bunch of Japanese only releases in M.K.Ultra’s thread in General Gaming. I doubt any company is translating these games just to put it on this service. There’s also a Japanese only Game Boy Color version of Donkey Kong Land III that would be pretty coolio to see. There’s already an English script for it so maybe?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 11:20:39 AM by Adrock »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Donkey Kong 94 is one I might revisit, though I do have it on 3DS virtual console. I would be most interested in the Game Boy Mega Man games. They might get released as a collection, but we already have one Capcom game on NSO (Gargoyle's Quest) so it is a possibility.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I'm mainly hoping to see the games that I was planning to buy from the VCs on Wii U and 3DS if this didn't happen. Some games on that service probably have a higher chance of appearing than most other games.

For regular Game Boy, three I was considering were Balloon Kid, Kid Icarus: Of Myth and Monsters, and Kirby's Pinball Land. I never did pull the trigger on them, since I've a feeling they'd be the sort of curiosity I'd enjoy playing once, and then that would be enough for me. These kinds of games are perfect for the NSO service.

For GBC, because Nintendo's able to get ahold of the Tetris licence again, I hope they don't stop at just the original. There was also a GBC version called Tetris DX and it included more extras than just color. I was also curious about Blaster Master Enemy Below. It looks similar to the NES game, but the level layouts appear to have some differences that could be neat to see.

I'm more interested in the GBA prospects. One game I really hope we see is Zelda Four Swords, since now it could be played online. I always thought this game looked pretty neat, but I never had the means to try out any version of it. Since they're getting Kirby Tilt ' Tumble to work, I'm hoping we'll also see WarioWare Twisted! and Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, those two games also look inventive. I've heard good things about the Sonic Advance games, since Sega's already involved in NSO with the Genesis offerings then hopefully they'll play nice and allow some GBA stuff as well. Drill Dozer looks like a fun puzzle game. I'm curious about the changes in the remake Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land, as well as the more subtle ones in Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World.

There are probably some more I'd want if I gave it some thought besides what was on the previous VC.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'd like to see Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire. As a fan of pinball and Pokémon, I'm a bit upset I never owned this and only got to play it a tiny bit. I think it was out on the Wii U as well, but I didn't get it then either.

I'll also add Tetris Blast. It was called Super Bombliss in Japan. I don't think it ever got re-released. I liked it a lot. It's Tetris but with bombs. There's even a boss battle mode where the bossed float around the matrix and you have to trap them and blow them up. I really liked it as a kid.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I'd love to see the other Game & Watch titles come. Its been my most played game on the service from the GB/GBA line so far. I had the first couple but none of the later ones so its familiar but new at the same time for me.

Also the GB James Bond game was one I never tried and was quite popular so hopefully since it was an original story without the likeness of any actors it could come as well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I actually fired the Game Boy NSO app up last night for the first time. The different display options are really neat. Then I realized how few of these games I have played or even have access to. I never had a Game Boy and there was no Game Boy classic released like the NES and SNES so other than the few I have on 3DS VC this is it for me. I played a level from Super Mario Land 2 and realized that I could probably get some real enjoyment out of these. I think the NES joy-con would be a good fit as well since they are all two face button games.