Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Forum Retrospective Playthrough Planning Thread.

<< < (8/9) > >>

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on August 17, 2020, 10:14:38 PM ---I'm sorry Mr. Bungle. I don't know where the people are who could help vote for your next game.  :'(

--- End quote ---

Two votes for Scribblenauts is enough then. I will report back on it soon.

Mop it up:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on August 02, 2020, 12:13:38 AM ---Batman: Arkham City
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Yoshi's Woolly World

--- End quote ---
Batman and Kirby are both on my list as well. I've played the other three. DKC is probably the most talked-about game, so I guess that'll be a good one to start with. But Yoshi is my fave of those five.

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on August 10, 2020, 11:36:14 PM ---
* The Wonderful 101
* Darksiders
* Axiom Verge
* Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
* Scribblenauts Unlimited
--- End quote ---
I guess I'll vote for Scribblenauts just to give it three and make it feel more official. Unlimited is the only Scribblenauts game I've played, so I can't compare it to the others. It feels more like a proof-of-concept demo, and never takes its mechanics very far or uses them creatively. The core concept can still provide some entertainment in its novelty, though I kind of wonder if it's perhaps too wide of an idea to provide a tighter experience.

I've played some of that Mario Olympics game. It hasn't really done much to improve over the previous winter one. I don't think these games are bad, but they haven't reached their full potential, and can still be fun as a party game. Weak in single player though.

I haven't played the other three, but I have Darksiders and Wonderful 101,

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on August 18, 2020, 12:24:57 AM ---Two votes for Scribblenauts is enough then. I will report back on it soon.

--- End quote ---
I did not finish this in August but came close. I posted some notes in the Reader Reviews thread.
https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=65834.new#new

Khushrenada:
So, despite what some of you have been saying, this was not all an elaborate trick to get Mr. Bungle to play Scribblenauts Unlimited. It's just that August suddenly turned into a late race against RABicle for completing the most games and I didn't want to try and rush through DKC:TF. It's a game I wanted to tackle at my own pace and soak in. Like a fine meal, I wanted to savor it. As such, I finally got into this past Saturday and Sunday as I now had the time to do so. While I wasn't playing it constantly through the weekend, I still made good progress and almost fully completed the first 4 islands. Currently finishing up the 4th island. Missed a puzzle piece in one level and have to play the temple level for it as well. However, I'll probably bump the old Trop Freez thread I started years ago for more impression since this is the planning thread. Just felt right to update this first though.

M.K.Ultra:

I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Those mine cart levels are sooo good. I want a whole game of mine cart levels! I can't believe Yooka Laylee didn't have any  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version