Author Topic: Mafia LXVIII: Animal Kingdom. Day 8. The End. (Game is Over)  (Read 8245 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXVIII: Animal Kingdom. Day 8. The End. (Game is Over)
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:14:32 AM »
Story post.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:33:02 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXVIII: Animal Kingdom. Day 8. The End.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:14:51 AM »
Announcements:

Dead:

Stevey - Tabaqui the Jackel (Mafia Goon 3) - Killed by Vote
TheNorthSea - Babe the Pig (Townie Whore) - Killed by Man

That leaves just one player still alive: Hypotheliciously aka Man the Killer. Thus, we have a very rare Killer Win! Congratulations Hypotheliciously. You've accomplished one of the toughest feats in the game. I thought I'd be the only one to ever get a killer win but you did what is almost impossible and kept fighting to pull off a win for yourself. Bravo.

WINNER: Hypotheliciously (Man)

It's a Special Role Triumph!

This ends the game. You are now free to discuss and argue with each other about what went wrong.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:22:21 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 12:32:34 AM »
Of interest, Insanolord investigated Hypotheliciously on Day 2 and found out he was the Killer. Despite being identified that early, Hypotheliciously actually survived to the end.

The townies could have won. Because of the ability of TheNorthSea, the game wouldn't have ended in a Mafia Victory if it had been him and stevey because TheNorthSea could get a majority vote against stevey via his power thereby voting out the last Mafia member and preventing stevey from making a hit. He chose not to.

stevey never signed up for the game. I signed him up myself. I did so because stevey has had a perfect record of attendance in this game since his first game in Mafia 2. He wasn't around while sign-ups were open but he had signed up the first time I tried to do this game last year. So, I took a chance and included him in this game thinking he may show up after it started much like Silenced did who was another player I knew may have wanted in but didn't know if he'd make it. Since I didn't know if stevey would be around or not, I made the final Mafia member because I wasn't sure if 3 was enough for the Mafia but 4 seemed kind of powerful. In the end, I'm happy that I did include him as such because it kept things interesting and led to the crazy endgame we had. I wanted to let everyone know this so that they don't get upset at stevey never showing up or playing. He never knew he was in the game. I'm surprised he hasn't shown up now in over a month. Here's hoping the guy's ok.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXVIII: Animal Kingdom. Day 8. The End. (Game is Over)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:34:21 AM »
Now I'm curious to hear the feedback from the players. What is your opinion of the longer days and flexible game schedule? Do you like the majority vote idea or should we stick to our normal system?

What about the experiment of no dead thread this game? It still wouldn't shut up pokepal148 who continued to insert his unwanted presence into the game. In the end, other dead players started showing up to make a random comment or two so it appears players are unable to stay away once eliminated.

Also, don't forget that there is a sign-up thread for Safe Words 10 in the Funhouse if you are looking for some other forum action.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:38:40 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:11 AM »

The townies could have won. Because of the ability of TheNorthSea, the game wouldn't have ended in a Mafia Victory if it had been him and stevey because TheNorthSea could get a majority vote against stevey via his power thereby voting out the last Mafia member and preventing stevey from making a hit. He chose not to.

I just want to put this out there that I did figure this out early this morning. I hope people aren't too upset about it, but I chose not to give myself the win because I felt that Hypotheliciously deserved the win over me just crowning myself the winner. I know that it might seem out of nowhere, especially because I came back to win and redeem the earlier games that I was in. Once the oohhboy vote switch happened, and I knew that Insano probably wouldn't make it to the end with me, I decided to give Hypo the respect win. If Insano couldn't be part of the surviving winners, I didn't think I earned the title. If it wasn't for Insano's investigations, I never would've targeted Lucario in time to earn the win anyway.

From the beginning, I tried to play my role using stealth. I placed a vote on me first round to help put me in the clear from any suspicion that I was Babe. Since Stevey hadn't shown up, I tended to take his vote when at all possible as not to earn the ire from other players.

That changed when Spak was voted out. I thought for certain Insano was mafia. All the signs pointed to it in my mind, and I even had my vote ready to go towards him and take him out that round. Hypo and I had been part of an alliance since after the first round, and when he switched his vote for Spak (who I also suspected), I reversed gears and voted Spak last minute. I figured I outed myself as Babe with that role, but I thought Lucario was a townie (oh how wrong I was), and didn't want a vote slip by that I didn't have control over. That was probably my biggest mistake, yet neither Hypo or I knew it at the time, but it ended up being the right move.

After Mop_it_up was killed between rounds, we were chatting about the game in the nintemple chat. We weren't talking strategy or anything, but we were lamenting that the game seemed a bit subdued with little action going on (round 3 had been a bit dull, with no one throwing accusations out against anyone). So I took it upon myself to add some excitement to the game and lay out everything I had on Insano to take out my perceived mafia threat.

About an hour later, Insano PM's me and basically said "Hey dummy, I'm the detective. You're babe the pig. Take out the real threat, Hypo, as he's the killer." I believed him instantly, because I always kept it in the back of my mind that a detective would use his strategies. Well, that threw a wrench in all my plans. My huge post incriminated our detective, and people were starting to vote for him. Then, to complicate matters, I had told Hypo that I was babe in the previous round, because he and I were actively trying to figure out who was in the mafia and I thought I could trust him.

Now I had to 1) save Insano from the damage I had done. 2) Not tip off Hypo that I knew he was the killer and meet my demise. 3) Figure out who the heck were the mafia members, after all, it couldn't be Stevey, right???

So I removed my vote without telling Hypo why, and start plotting how I could save Insano. Little did I know that the wheels were in motion to get this started, as Hypo outed himself as the killer and made himself a mercenary.

I was planning on going with Insano in trying to get rid of Hypo, but given how few players were left, we knew we had to be right about every target we made once Hypo was out. Instead of following through with our plans, we formed a new alliance with Hypo, revealed Insano's role, and decided to work together to take out the remaining mafia members.

While I had little to suspect with lolmonade, if I had to pick between saving a townie or the detective, I needed to save Insano. With lolmonade and nickmitch gone, our alliance figured out who was the doctor, and who remained in the mafia.

Sadly, it all kind of fell apart after that. It's a shame. I think Insano played an incredible game, and definitely deserved to win over me. Despite my thorough investigations and strategies, I kept picking the wrong people out as mafia. I have to hand it to Lucario, he played a great, low key game, especially after losing all of his teammates in the first round. He could've won, but it just didn't work out for him in the end.
As for Stevey, I understand why Khush placed him in the game. Honestly, having an inactive player the entire game threw a fun wrinkle into the game. This was the other reason I chose not to vote Hypo out in the last round. What if I had, and Stevey decided to sign on and claim the victory by killing me between rounds. It was a long shot, but given my luck, it would've happened.

So I understand if some of the players are annoyed I didn't go for the winning vote. But I thought Hypo played a very entertaining game and always found ways to turn disadvantages around in his favor. As for feedback, I appreciated the longer days for the times I couldn't get on my computer. I think they make sense when you have a ton of players, but maybe once you reach around round 5 it's okay to make them 24 hour rounds. And I kind of missed seeing the dead thread. I'd always read it when I was playing the old mafia games, even if I was still in the game.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:41:42 AM by TheNorthSea »
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:24 AM »
I will get revenge on oohhboy if it's the last thing I do. He's the Khushrenada to my stevey from this day forward.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 01:39:46 AM »
What the hell just happen?

I need to read the rules more.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 01:41:55 AM »
I will get revenge on oohhboy if it's the last thing I do. He's the Khushrenada to my stevey from this day forward.

That would imply he had a plan of victory and won the game while screwing you over. But honestly, your current avatar is perfect for that statement.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »
I'd also like to add that while Insanolord is blaming oohhboy for the townie loss, the oohhboy vote isn't what fully did them in. TheNorthSea changed stevey's vote to Lucario. That led to a 3 - 3 tie which caused the townie demise. However, if TheNorthSea had changed Hypotheliciously, Lucario or oohhboy's vote from Insanolord to Lucario, then it would have been a 3 - 2 vote with Lucario being voted out. Only Hypotheliciously could make a hit so it only one townie would die depending on who he hit. If he still targeted oohhboy, then oohhboy pays for his mistake and you still have two dependable townies. With TheNorthSea alive and Insanolord, they can make a 3 vote majority the next day and vote out Hypotheliciously who cannot make a hit that night. That just leaves the longshot that stevey shows up and makes a snipe hit to win for the Mafia. Otherwise, 12 hours later, it's a townie victory as they vote out stevey.

Why TheNorthSea didn't prevent the tie, I can't figure out. Maybe he can explain that one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 01:52:13 AM »

That would imply he had a plan of victory and won the game while screwing you over. But honestly, your current avatar is perfect for that statement.

No, it's way worse than that. The townies had won the game, all that was left was the voting, and then for no reason but petty spite he fucked over both me and TheNorthSea. If he had a plan and won I'd respect that, but what he did was meaningless.

Hats off to Hypotheliciously, though, I knew he was the killer from day 2 and it was public knowledge well before the end, but he pulled it out anyway. When Khush sent me the results of the investigation that Hypotheliciously was the killer I commented back to him that he was just about the perfect player for that role, and damned if that didn't play out.

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 02:02:56 AM »
What did my power cover? Isn't Northsea suppose to be still alive?

I had no idea who you were insanolord.

So confused, many hoops, much spinning, Wow.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 02:09:30 AM »
I'd also like to add that while Insanolord is blaming oohhboy for the townie loss, the oohhboy vote isn't what fully did them in. TheNorthSea changed stevey's vote to Lucario. That led to a 3 - 3 tie which caused the townie demise. However, if TheNorthSea had changed Hypotheliciously, Lucario or oohhboy's vote from Insanolord to Lucario, then it would have been a 3 - 2 vote with Lucario being voted out. Only Hypotheliciously could make a hit so it only one townie would die depending on who he hit. If he still targeted oohhboy, then oohhboy pays for his mistake and you still have two dependable townies. With TheNorthSea alive and Insanolord, they can make a 3 vote majority the next day and vote out Hypotheliciously who cannot make a hit that night. That just leaves the longshot that stevey shows up and makes a snipe hit to win for the Mafia. Otherwise, 12 hours later, it's a townie victory as they vote out stevey.

Why TheNorthSea didn't prevent the tie, I can't figure out. Maybe he can explain that one.

After Oohhboy went against our alliance, I wasn't sure if we could win. If he wouldn't vote with us on this important vote, who was to say he'd stick with us on the next round.

Hypo told me Lucario planned on hitting me after the vote. It made sense, I had the most power in the game, and changed the outcome for the two previous rounds. He suggested that Oohhboy use his power to save me, so I decided to roll the dice and see the outcome. Turns out that was the wrong move, and Oohhboy was the true target.

If Lucario did place the hit on me, Oohhboy saved me, and we went into the next round with all players in tact, I'd know he wouldn't vote against us in the next round and finish what was started. Maybe that was bad strategy on my part, but when you have an unpredictable player in the mix, it makes it hard to strategize the following rounds. For all I knew, Oohhboy could've voted against us in the following round, making it all the more tougher.

If someone was going to win, I wanted it to be an active player who was making moves. I didn't want a player who hadn't shown up the entire game to end up with a victory.

Hope that makes some sense. I know now it was a bit flawed, but that was my thinking at that point.

Note: Just saw that Oohhboy didn't know Insano was the detective. Sorry, I assumed you were told Insano's role. I'll take some of the blame of that.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 02:23:54 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with oohhboy but he's clearly lost track of what's going on in the game. After I posted Day 6 and that he was dead, I still got a message from him this morning to protect TheNorthSea. He's clearly out of the loop and not following things too closely.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 02:28:27 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with oohhboy but he's clearly lost track of what's going on in the game. After I posted Day 6 and that he was dead, I still got a message from him this morning to protect TheNorthSea. He's clearly out of the loop and not following things too closely.

I honestly thought he knew Insano was the detective, and who the mafia were. I don't want to put a ton of blame on him, though. I should've been more open with him once we knew who everyone's roles were. There was just a lack of communication, and I should've reached out to him after he made his Insano vote.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 02:29:43 AM »
If he'd read the thread before he voted I'd laid out a pretty thorough explanation of who everybody was.

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 02:40:31 AM »
I accidentally skipped a day. Until you pointed this out I had no idea. I really shouldn't be doing my own drugs.

The enforced 3 day skip didn't help any.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 02:59:51 AM »
The enforced 3 day skip didn't help any.

What do you mean by that?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 03:11:50 AM »
I lost Internet for 3 real days remember, I even messaged you about it when I got back. It was inevitable I was going to get confused after that as I start responding to things out of time and place. I am still catching up as to what's going on.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 05:02:48 AM »
Vote Lucario
My ingenious plan worked!
We did it hypo!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 05:05:49 AM »
since day 3 i never planned on winning.
Made you look ****.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
Congratulations to Hypotheliciously!

It was a crazy game, but I still find myself a bit disappointed in it. There still wasn't as much activity as I would like to see. I recognise that I could do more to spark things, but the problem is that like with forums in general, I'm more about reacting than taking action. Day 1 went okay, most people showed up and there was voting going back and forth. I don't expect too much on day 1 since it's mostly guessing (for townies anyway). Day 2 and day 3 were very dry, though, hardly any talking at all or explanation of votes. And then as if to spite me, day 4 is full of activity once I'm not in the game any more! That's the kind of fire I'd like to see more often, it's good stuff.

I pretty much knew Lucario was Mafia, but I had no idea who to try to get on my side since everyone was too busy voting off townies. :P And those were votes I didn't want to join myself, because again, townies. If you had chosen to spare me instead of people like oohhboy, this could have ended a lot sooner!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 05:29:36 PM »
You're all idots. Hypo played you all. I told you that was his plan!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 02:43:53 AM »
It was both of our plans, but o.k. mtch.
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 08:54:13 PM »
Yeah, you playing to lose also threw me for a loop.

Very emergent gaming of you.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2016, 08:58:09 PM »
thanks
Made you look ****.