Author Topic: Official Star Wars The Force Awakens SPOILER DISCUSSION thread...  (Read 44262 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Official Star Wars The Force Awakens SPOILER DISCUSSION thread...
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2016, 05:05:08 AM »
Rumor has it that my Penis is Darth Vader.
Made you look ****.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016, 06:21:03 AM »
Your penis is charred and dismembered?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »
Saw it finally.

Two things...

One, what the hell is the resistance? I mean...there's the republic. Why would their need to be a resistance to the First Order? For once in my life, I actually want to know the POLITICS of Star Wars.

Secondly, we all know it's a complete retread of the original trilogy and that's a shame. I really thought it would have ended on a high note if Kylo Ren was defeated but the death planet wasn't. It still worked and several more planets blew up and it ended like "Well....****...what do we do?" Then you have that spectacular last shot with Rae meeting up with Luke.

By the way, that scene is sooooooo damn good. It really truly felt like Star Wars in that moment. None of the light saber fights did it for me, nor Solo dying. It was that final scene where I felt I was watching Star Wars again.

One last thing, I was surprised by the comedy in this movie. Most of the time it hit bulls-eyes. Apart from the story, there was good writing in there.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016, 09:23:16 AM »

Rumor has it my penis is Dark inVader

Welcome to the Dark Side ;)

edit:
sorry, low hanging fruit.
there's room for a "that's what she said" joke in there too
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:26:55 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »
Or Darth Vader's good and evil sides take on two separate entities and when he "dies" his good part went to "Jedi Heaven" to join Yoda and Obi-Wan but his evil part remained in his body and survived the cremation somehow and that's who Snoke is.

That is how I heard it described that Anakin turned to the light and went into the Force but Darth Vader was a separate entity and his spirit somehow lived on. They did do that with the Emperor and sending his "soul" into a clone body in the old EU so there is no telling they won't try that here. Yeah it would be pretty bad though.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »
Or Darth Vader's good and evil sides take on two separate entities and when he "dies" his good part went to "Jedi Heaven" to join Yoda and Obi-Wan but his evil part remained in his body and survived the cremation somehow and that's who Snoke is.

That is how I heard it described that Anakin turned to the light and went into the Force but Darth Vader was a separate entity and his spirit somehow lived on. They did do that with the Emperor and sending his "soul" into a clone body in the old EU so there is no telling they won't try that here. Yeah it would be pretty bad though.

I like how the really dumb explanation I pulled out of my ass to mock the theory is apparently something someone else thought of in a completely serious manner. :)

There is a part of me that wants things to go in a really stupid direction just to see the fan outrage it would cause.  Star Wars was "ruined forever" the day Episode I came out so whether the new films are amazing or complete trash is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »
Saw it finally.

Two things...

One, what the hell is the resistance? I mean...there's the republic. Why would their need to be a resistance to the First Order? For once in my life, I actually want to know the POLITICS of Star Wars.

Secondly, we all know it's a complete retread of the original trilogy and that's a shame. I really thought it would have ended on a high note if Kylo Ren was defeated but the death planet wasn't. It still worked and several more planets blew up and it ended like "Well....****...what do we do?" Then you have that spectacular last shot with Rae meeting up with Luke.

By the way, that scene is sooooooo damn good. It really truly felt like Star Wars in that moment. None of the light saber fights did it for me, nor Solo dying. It was that final scene where I felt I was watching Star Wars again.

One last thing, I was surprised by the comedy in this movie. Most of the time it hit bulls-eyes. Apart from the story, there was good writing in there.

The resistance is parallel to the french resistance. A rebellion is a group warring within a group. The rebel alliance were in civil war against the empire. They were The Alliance to Restore the Republic.

A resistance is a group that resists an invader. When Germany invaded europe again in WWII there were various resistance groups.

The resistance runs parallel to the actual military hand of New Republic. All the actual military were over at Hosnian Prime, which got blown up.

Lets put it this way. Not everybody is going to sit by and rely on the military to defend them. Poe Dameron's backstory was he was a member of the New Republic's Starfleet, but defected to the Resistance due to their ineffectiveness.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »

I have seen that image and discussion on several websites now. Supposedly they have the same scars...
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »
so Darth vader lives!? (as fangless sith vampire) is the theory huh?

I'm not well versed in my SW lore though, and it's been ages since I've seen the original trilogy, so details are not fresh... or even present in my mind.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »
Those aren't the same scars. Also, Darth Vader has a robotic right arm...and this is a better pic...they look nothing alike.

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »
Man, when I first saw Snoke I was like "HOLY **** HE'S HUGE! This is amazing! There's so much you can do with this." But then It was just a weird type of hologram.

*price is wrong sound*

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »
Man, when I first saw Snoke I was like "HOLY **** HE'S HUGE! This is amazing! There's so much you can do with this." But then It was just a weird type of hologram.

*price is wrong sound*

I had a similar thought.
Damn he's HUGE.... where has his race been hiding....
then it turned out to be a hologram.

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »
Snoke does have some similar scars to Kylo Ren.

The director of episode VIII directed Looper.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2016, 01:08:53 AM »
The new Republic is a group of planets held together by a loose 'articles of confederation' that had weak financing, military, and enforcement of galactic laws. They need to step in and replace it with a constitutional republic with a stronger federal system. Instead they blew apart when the New Order showed up. If only James Madison was around...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2016, 01:55:48 AM »
When is VIII suppose to come out? Is it yearly or like Avatar?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2016, 03:04:21 AM »
May 26, 2017
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2016, 09:33:29 AM »
Those aren't the same scars. Also, Darth Vader has a robotic right arm...and this is a better pic...they look nothing alike.

I know that, that is why I said supposedly with the ... at the end.

I don't think he will be the resurrected Vader ghost, that would be a HUGE mistake.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
Agreed.  I don't get why, if Snoke is a resurrected Vader, would Kylo Ren talk to the Vader helmet.  He could just walk over and talk to the guy.  Unless of course he didn't know that, but then why would he not?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »
Maybe no one has actually seen Snoke in person and they all communicate with this hologram?  So the big reveal ends up being that he's just some AI created by the Emperor or Darth Vader when he was still evil that was designed as a fail safe in case the Empire fell.  That's a way to make it so he is sort of Darth Vader that wouldn't retcon the original films and doesn't require weird comic book logic to accept.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Snoke doesn't look anything like Kylo Ren either. He's not either one of them, he's Snoke.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2016, 06:59:15 PM »
Maybe no one has actually seen Snoke in person and they all communicate with this hologram? 

I dunno. He trained Kylo Ren at some point, right? Surely they've been in the same room together.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2016, 08:16:54 PM »
I dunno. He trained Kylo Ren at some point, right? Surely they've been in the same room together.
"Poorly" trained Kylo. Especially since he got owned by some scavenger scum.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »
Yeah, I think we need to let that fight go.  There's plenty of reasons for Kylo Ren to have "lost", most of which we've covered.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2016, 01:35:18 AM »
Yeah, I think we need to let that fight go.  There's plenty of reasons for Kylo Ren to have "lost", most of which we've covered.

was most of it how he was likely using the force to keep his intestines inside his body and stop himself from bleeding to death while also fighting a newly awakened Jedi?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »
Kylo Ren: heavily injured, incomplete training, just killed his father, and was not actually trying to kill Rey.

Rey: not heavily injured, has some combat experience, probably been using The Force her entire life (like Anakin did), and The Force awakening within her is the entire point of the movie.

Kylo Ren didn't really get "owned." Rey was mostly running away or on the defensive. This really isn't that difficult to grasp. If anyone disagrees, that's fine. I think there's enough evidence in the actual movie to explain it.