Author Topic: HOLY ****! I am so humbled.  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
HOLY ****! I am so humbled.
« on: June 29, 2015, 12:50:02 PM »
To whomever it may concern...

I have just recently received my very first NWR forum title thanks to the powers that be. As a member of this site for about three-ish years (nearing on four), I am very pleased to finally join the ranks of those that are deemed worthy. Even if my title doesn't necessarily make sense to me. Whatever!

I've come to realize, after browsing the cesspool that is 4chan's /v/, that it's not the discussion of video games that I enjoy (although, I do like talking about video games, specifically certain genres, very, very, very, VERY much), it's the community that forms around them, and not being able to identify those specific personalities, whether they are positive or negative. I've kicked the /v/ habit, I don't go there anymore, mostly because I found it was a pit of despair and ultimately very transient, and it led me to take refuge here. I have grown as a person at NWR, realized my own style of writing (which is pretty damn important, since that's what I'd like to do in the future), and tackled my personal demons as well as those I consider important within the realm of video games. To be bestowed with a title, no matter what it may be, is an accomplishment in my eyes. It means, I am here. I belong to this community. And I'm happy to say that.

Thanks, NWR!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: HOLY ****! I am so humbled.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »
Titles are overrated.  User Karma is where it's at, and the NWR overlords took the greatest rage-inducing/opinion validation device that us users had in an effort to please a few whiners. 

BTW, I used to lurk /v/ occasionally, you're right, it's garbage at the end of the day.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
The problem with the karma system was that people other than mods were able to use it, and it didn't offer nearly as extensive and creative opportunities to childishly mock people without fear of reprisal.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:15:51 AM »
I haven't had a tag change in years...

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 03:22:00 AM »
The problem with the karma system was that people other than mods were able to use it, and it didn't offer nearly as extensive and creative opportunities to childishly mock people without fear of reprisal.

TRANSLATION: I could not control it to my benefit, so i had it taken away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:02:44 AM »

TRANSLATION: I could not control it to my benefit, so i had it taken away.

I don't think that translation was necessary, I thought that was pretty clear from the original text.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
Yours makes sense, Evan. I don't know what mine is in reference to, but I wear it like a badge of honor.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 02:17:17 AM »
Even if my title doesn't necessarily make sense to me.

I get it. You won the predict E3 contest hence the Nostradamus part but then you made the Review post about Video games and generally have been sour about the current slate of video games and Nintendo's line-up hence the doom and gloom combination. Your title is easy to get unlike, say, Triforce Hermit's title....
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 05:49:31 AM »
Even if my title doesn't necessarily make sense to me.

I get it. You won the predict E3 contest hence the Nostradamus part but then you made the Review post about Video games and generally have been sour about the current slate of video games and Nintendo's line-up hence the doom and gloom combination. Your title is easy to get unlike, say, Triforce Hermit's title....
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
Titles can be a gift and a curse.  Some people's end up putting others to sleep.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 02:03:38 PM »
Titles can be a gift and a curse.  Some people's end up putting others to sleep.
You are right.  Soccer does put you to sleep.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »
You are right.  Soccer does put you to sleep.

Yeah, some-*YAWN*-times I jus-zzzzZZZZ. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 04:09:55 AM »
Yeah, I get it. I actually don't even know why I said that in the first place...

Does that mean you're a dope, or you ARE dope?! The ambiguity is killing me!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.