Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 663814 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: NeoGaf Repost Thread (May also contain NX rumors)
« Reply #1750 on: August 06, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »
MysticGohan is the only person who doesn't believe that NX will be powered by Nvidia. Nothing in that picture makes any sense.

I'm not the only person, there's thousands who believe, and there's no concrete proof that nvidia has anything to do with Nintendo. And all evidence posted support everything AMD and nothing Nvidia.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 06, 2016, 06:23:11 PM »
There's no concrete info to support either AMD or Nvidia. All we have are info from unnamed sources. And everything you have posted supports AMD which doesn't mean there's nothing supporting Nvidia. Something like ten major publications have claimed Nvidia including The Wall Street Journal which generally does not **** around. So there's plenty that supports Nvidia and at this point, more than AMD. This is coming from someone who was firmly in the AMD camp for nearly two years now. Granted, I want to hear more and I'm so exhausted by rumors at this point that I won't even pick a side anymore. It doesn't matter. I feel like there are large swaths of information we don't know about NX, most of which is more important than who is supplying the chipset. At the very top of that is what the hell is Nintendo going to do set this thing apart and get anyone beyond its fanbase to give a ****. What makes NX so special? Otherwise, nearly a dozen major publications have thrown their weight behind Nvidia while random Twitter person and SuperMetalDave64 (whose channel I've subscribed to for nearly a year) are still waving the AMD flag. That isn't proof, but it still isn't looking good for AMD.

This is ultimately pointless. The number of logical fallacies you've posited here is astounding so trying to appeal to reason is a waste of my time. This thread can't go anywhere without you popping in and saying, "No, it's AMD."

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 06, 2016, 06:31:47 PM »
There's no concrete info to support either AMD or Nvidia. All we have are info from unnamed sources. And everything you have posted supports AMD which doesn't mean there's nothing supporting Nvidia. Something like ten major publications have claimed Nvidia including The Wall Street Journal which generally does not **** around. So there's plenty that supports Nvidia and at this point, more than AMD. This is coming from someone who was firmly in the AMD camp for nearly two years now. Granted, I want to hear more and I'm so exhausted by rumors at this point that I won't even pick a side anymore. It doesn't matter. I feel like there are large swaths of information we don't know about NX, most of which is more important than who is supplying the chipset. At the very top of that is what the hell is Nintendo going to do set this thing apart and get anyone beyond its fanbase to give a ****. What makes NX so special? Otherwise, nearly a dozen major publications have thrown their weight behind Nvidia while random Twitter person and SuperMetalDave64 (whose channel I've subscribed to for nearly a year) are still waving the AMD flag. That isn't proof, but it still isn't looking good for AMD.

This is ultimately pointless. The number of logical fallacies you've posited here is astounding so trying to appeal to reason is a waste of my time. This thread can't go anywhere without you popping in and saying, "No, it's AMD."

Still can't convince me even it's Nvidia, so until Nvidia revels anything that shows in the slightest they are working something concrete, there are comments from Reggie and other devs in the recent past that contradicts these stories of nvidia.

Looking forward to an announcement, we'll find out.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 06, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
Hey! I post most of my rumors from GoNintendo!

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 06, 2016, 07:48:17 PM »
Hey! I post most of my rumors from GoNintendo!

Yeah, the guy there seems to have a thing for emily, which discredits that site when reporting things as if it's fact or authentic source.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: August 06, 2016, 10:47:31 PM »
Yeah, the guy there seems to have a thing for emily, which discredits that site when reporting things as if it's fact or authentic source.

SMD64 Strikes again! https://youtu.be/-t9Z34UCTt4

Hmmm...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 06, 2016, 11:34:25 PM »

SMD64 Strikes again! https://youtu.be/-t9Z34UCTt4

Hmmm...

Logic backs me up :p

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 07, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
Claiming the musings of random Twitter accounts and Youtubers are valid while at the same time claiming the reports of nearly a dozen well-known publications, including The Wall Street Journal, are not is the opposite of logical. You're presenting them as true rather than speculation. Ringing the bell of shame on you.

And to elaborate on Soren's post, discrediting GoNintendo for believing Emily Rogers, who has proven to have good sources in the past, then posting the grammatically impaired ramblings from a three week old Twitter account as anything worthwhile is contradictory at best and a waste of everyone's time at worst. There are any number of reasons to discredit GoNintendo (it's just not a very good site); just not the hill you seem willing to die on.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 07, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
MysticGohan is the only person who doesn't believe that NX will be powered by Nvidia. Nothing in that picture makes any sense.

I wouldn't go that far. Nintendo has a history with AMD, and there's more reason to believe that partnership runs deep enough for them to continue the partnership.

I'm still waiting for that compelling piece of evidence that lends support to the Nvidia rumor. Give us a picture or a screenshot. We need something a little more than "My source who is a Ninetndo developer says..." For all we know, at least at this point, Nintendo is about to release an Android phone that is gonna trump all smart phones. For all we know, right? For all we know...

Unlikely.

I will come closer to believing Nintendo has it sights set on taking the Console Power crown once again because that is slightly more believable now with Kimishima as president. I'm still clinging to that hope. :)

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 07, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »
Claiming the musings of random Twitter accounts and Youtubers are valid while at the same time claiming the reports of nearly a dozen well-known publications, including The Wall Street Journal, are not is the opposite of logical. You're presenting them as true rather than speculation. Ringing the bell of shame on you.

And to elaborate on Soren's post, discrediting GoNintendo for believing Emily Rogers, who has proven to have good sources in the past, then posting the grammatically impaired ramblings from a three week old Twitter account as anything worthwhile is contradictory at best and a waste of everyone's time at worst. There are any number of reasons to discredit GoNintendo (it's just not a very good site); just not the hill you seem willing to die on.

To say none of those publications can't be wrong is a bold statement.

Yet we've had nothing solid yet from nvidia. Shouldn't Nvidia reported to their shareholders that they've had a major order of chips? Surely such a thing wouldn't go unnoticed.

But I'm not going to believe these publications until nintendo unveils the truth.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 07, 2016, 02:23:43 PM »
Honestly, every month that goes by I get a little bit more concerned about Nintendo's supposed plan for a March release. Summer will be over soon, and Christmas may as well be right around the corner.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 07, 2016, 04:56:06 PM »
But I'm not going to believe these publications until nintendo unveils the truth.

Pretty much defeating the purpose of participating in a discussion thread about rumors and speculation.
Especially if the majority of the comments are either arguing over validity (over rumors, something that is based in murkiness) in zeal, or waiting for an official announcement.

EDIT:

Arguing from the #TeamAMD, the few ways I can make sense of the nVidia stuff from multiple publications is that the sources are misinformed or running a misinformation operation. The former is a possibility, even at this late stage of development and proper vetting on the publications part. The latter is incredibly wild, even for a company as oddball as Nintendo.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:14:02 PM by Enner »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 07, 2016, 04:59:41 PM »
Your source is so wrong that if they were any more wrong they'd circle back and be right but I'm not going to believe these publications until nintendo unveils the truth.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 07, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »
I will come closer to believing Nintendo has it sights set on taking the Console Power crown once again because that is slightly more believable now with Kimishima as president. I'm still clinging to that hope. :)

Kimishima hasn't even been president for a year yet.  Any deals that went down with AMD or Nvidia would have all been taken care of before Iwata died.  If Iwata decided that Nintendo was going with Nvidia, then that's what's powering the NX.  Even if Kimishima wanted to release a more powerful system, it was already too late to change said course by the time he was president without breaking multi-million dollar contracts and delaying the systems launch by at least another year, something Nintendo can't afford to do.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 07, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »
Your source is so wrong that if they were any more wrong they'd circle back and be right but I'm not going to believe these publications until nintendo unveils the truth.

I believe it'll be amd over nvidia, you have any better sources than eg?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 07, 2016, 08:14:50 PM »
That's one hell of a strawman. No one even implied that. It's one thing to say you don't believe their sources. No one is forcing you to. I can appreciate a healthy dose of skepticism. However, to disbelieve their sources while repeatedly ramming HappyNintendoGamer and SuperMetalDave, both of whom have not shown no evidence of having insider information ever (lurking LinkedIn hardly counts), down everyone's throats is the part I find illogical.
Shouldn't Nvidia reported to their shareholders that they've had a major order of chips?
First, I don't believe Nvidia fabricates its own chips. It designs them then another company (e.g. Samsung, GlobalFoundries, TSMC etc.) actually manufactures them. Second, no, Nvidia can but doesn't have to announce anything (and if the rumors are true, Nintendo could have asked them not to say anything yet). Are shareholders worried about Nvidia? It's dominating the graphics card market. Nvidia apparently didn't make much money from consoles. It's business that is nice to have but not integral to its bottomline.

AMD didn't even need to announce those design wins either. It did most likely because it's something positive to tell its shareholders when it's repeatedly getting stomped by Nvidia.
Duly noted, but do you have any better sources than a random Twitter account and a random Youtube account?

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 07, 2016, 10:16:51 PM »
That's one hell of a strawman. No one even implied that. It's one thing to say you don't believe their sources. No one is forcing you to. I can appreciate a healthy dose of skepticism. However, to disbelieve their sources while repeatedly ramming HappyNintendoGamer and SuperMetalDave, both of whom have not shown no evidence of having insider information ever (lurking LinkedIn hardly counts), down everyone's throats is the part I find illogical.
Shouldn't Nvidia reported to their shareholders that they've had a major order of chips?
First, I don't believe Nvidia fabricates its own chips. It designs them then another company (e.g. Samsung, GlobalFoundries, TSMC etc.) actually manufactures them. Second, no, Nvidia can but doesn't have to announce anything (and if the rumors are true, Nintendo could have asked them not to say anything yet). Are shareholders worried about Nvidia? It's dominating the graphics card market. Nvidia apparently didn't make much money from consoles. It's business that is nice to have but not integral to its bottomline.

AMD didn't even need to announce those design wins either. It did most likely because it's something positive to tell its shareholders when it's repeatedly getting stomped by Nvidia.
Duly noted, but do you have any better sources than a random Twitter account and a random Youtube account?

Touche... all I've seen is WSJ backing EG's rumors and people acting that WSJ has never been wrong and they have.

If you want to believe it's nvidia that's your prerogative, but mines elsewhere.

Lets agree to disagree :p

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 07, 2016, 11:30:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure no on in this forum is taking the latest nVidia rumor as the one and only truth of what's happening behind the scenes. 'cause, ya know, it's a rumor and/or information from undisclosed sources about an absurdly secretive company in a very secretive industry.

Instead, I believe most of us are using it as a bounce pad for our own thoughts and feelings.

Well, actually, I think most people just want the gosh darn reveal to happen already.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 08, 2016, 12:27:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure no on in this forum is taking the latest nVidia rumor as the one and only truth of what's happening behind the scenes. 'cause, ya know, it's a rumor and/or information from undisclosed sources about an absurdly secretive company in a very secretive industry.

Instead, I believe most of us are using it as a bounce pad for our own thoughts and feelings.

Well, actually, I think most people just want the gosh darn reveal to happen already.

Indeed! Hopefully it'll be soon, it's been such a long drought of authentic news.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1769 on: August 08, 2016, 12:30:02 AM »
and so, we keep spreading rumours, great job guys! 10/10 job.
Made you look ****.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: August 08, 2016, 12:56:53 AM »
Some have more evidence than others ;)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 08, 2016, 04:15:09 AM »
And it might not have even been Kimishima that wanted the hardware power crown either. Iwata could have been like "**** these clowns, lets get the best, so they can die like the rest" and then called their supplier and been like "dude we gotta be max get me that ****" and then pimp slapped whatever company is supplying the goods.

To put it in another way: Nintendo has avoided the most powerful hardware contest for 2 generations, they may have decided that now was the time to get some powerful hardware for the sake of public perception. I have said it for years, there is a peak, a valley, a wall, or whatever where we aren't going to be able to differentiate the consoles in terms of power for several years. The type of stuff I've seen with the fox engine, the luminous engine, or unreal4 are very photo-realistic.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 08, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »
And it might not have even been Kimishima that wanted the hardware power crown either. Iwata could have been like "**** these clowns, lets get the best, so they can die like the rest" and then called their supplier and been like "dude we gotta be max get me that ****" and then pimp slapped whatever company is supplying the goods.

To put it in another way: Nintendo has avoided the most powerful hardware contest for 2 generations, they may have decided that now was the time to get some powerful hardware for the sake of public perception. I have said it for years, there is a peak, a valley, a wall, or whatever where we aren't going to be able to differentiate the consoles in terms of power for several years. The type of stuff I've seen with the fox engine, the luminous engine, or unreal4 are very photo-realistic.

I love how you put that Perm lol. Though may not be far from the truth.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:05 PM »
Well we knew it, but DQX has been confirmed for NX.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 08, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »
Bethesda is non-committal.

VIA GONINTENDO NOT NEOGAF  https://www.finder.com.au/bethesda-nintendo-nx

Pete Hines: We talk to Nintendo all the time – we’re pretty well briefed in on what they are doing. It’s definitely something we will look at; and our philosophy is that we will put our games out on any format that supports the games as we envisage and make them. If the NX fits that from a technical standpoint, and fits the game that a developer in our stable is making, I don’t see why we would not put it out on NX. But it’s too early to say, ‘we’ll definitely be putting games out or not.’ Like with mobile, we want to have the right fit for the right formats.