Author Topic: Let's Talk Amiibo!  (Read 147592 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Let's Talk Amiibo!
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
I noticed that when I opened my Shovel Knight amiibo.  It just looked like something was missing.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2016, 09:14:39 PM »
UncleBob: As the resident plastic game figure expert, are you following Disney Infinity at all? I'm thinking about getting a 3.0 set for some Star Wars figures. Do you know what the deal is with Boba Fett? He's going for 40-60 and looks like he used to be a bundle exclusive figure.

Any other thoughts or advice for someone getting into Infinity?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2016, 11:16:23 PM »
I don't follow Infinity, but I do know that Boba Fett is currently bundle-exclusive, but is supposed to be released outside of the bundle soon.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2016, 12:25:54 AM »
I decided to mosey over the the DI reddit page and it looks like February for Boba.

Definitely thinking I'll dive into Infinity thanks to Star Wars and Marvel. Mostly for the figures, but it sounds like the games themselves could be very entertaining.
My Game Collection

« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2016, 11:28:43 AM »
I have decided that I want to finally start collecting some of these Amiibo. I already have Bowser, Link, Mario, Luigo, Toad, and Yoshi, but I think I want to expand beyond just Mario and Zelda characters. I was hesitant at first but they are starting to grow on me. I don't care what they do in-game as my Wii U pretty much sits in a box now not likely to get some playtime in the near future. I just want to get a few more of the figures. I also started collecting those World of Nintendo things and that has sparked my interest in Amiibo further as well.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
It's actually a great time to get started. Supply is plentiful and there are a lot of sales because of this and the Animal Crossing price crash. If you want Fire Emblem amiibo they may get a restock in February when Fates releases. Also, most all of the Pokemon are getting a restock for Pokemon Day (Feb 27th).
My Game Collection

« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
I wouldn't be interested in none of the weird Japanese ones just the main games like Star Fox, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, those things. But I have been noticing they are not has hard to find as they once were. I wouldn't be into any super rare ones I don't think anyways.

The only Pokemon I would get is Pikachu.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 21, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »
Roy is up for pre-order on Gamestop's website.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 22, 2016, 01:49:59 AM »
You can get Lucina, Robin, and numerous other figures from the Australian site Beat the Bomb. Shipping is very reasonable. I got both for $26 USD, making it out to be abount MSRP for each one.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 23, 2016, 08:16:30 AM »
I ordered Shovel Knight from Amazon which I should have received yesterday, but apparently, there was an incomplete address. I contacted Amazon and they said they would call me back today once they contact the USPS to correct the address. I don't know what happened. I've had the same address for nearly three years. I even received another package yesterday. Hopefully, this gets sorted out. I bought Shovel Knight on Wii U yesterday from Gamestop and the Amiibo was there. I passed on it since I thought I'd have it today. Boo/hiss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2016, 05:22:13 PM »
I picked up Famicom Colors ROB, Ryu, and Roy. I'm almost finished collecting Super Smash Bros. Amiibo. I definitely want Cloud and Bayonetta. If Wii Fit Trainer ever gets another run, I'd like her. Too bad Nintendo will probably never release female Robin and female Corn Corrin.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2016, 07:11:26 PM »
I want alt Bowser Jrs.  A beautiful 7-pack.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »
When the Smash line is done I'd like to say thats it for me. Though knowing me I will be all over a Donkey Kong Country or Star Fox line.

The Animal Crossing Amiibos look soon nice! Thank dog I don't have any particular attachment to the series.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »
I have a Mario line (Toad), Shovel Knight, the Classic Mario, the Splatoon 3 pack... not touching the Animal Crossing ones with a ten foot pole, though. Probably buying at least three Kirby line amiibo, too.

True story: I witnessed a miracle today. I went to pick up my Ryu and Roy preorders (at 8pm my time), and there was half of an endcap full of Roy. It was the first time I ever saw a Fire Emblem amiibo on a shelf in any quantity. I think the craze may be dying down.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 19, 2016, 02:32:43 AM »

I'd buy that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 19, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »
Animal Crossing Amiibo are (purely as decoration) awesome. Shame I haven't seen a good use in-game though.  Apparently they aren't selling that well either because there have been lots of deals and discounts for that set - at least more than I've seen for others.

Right now www.BestBuy.ca has the Cyrus/K.K./Reese 3-pack on sale for $22.50 CAD.  I'm not a big fan of the Alpacas, but K.K. is great and for the full set seems like a very fair price.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »
What's the best way to get the Roy amiibo? GameStop is no longer an option for me unfortunately. If anyone want to help a brother out I'd be happy.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:01:25 AM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2016, 10:25:38 AM »
Roy is GS exclusive in the states.

You either buy him there, buy him second hand, or import.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2016, 11:11:53 AM »
I don't think the craze is dying down as much as Nintendo has found out how to keep them healthily supplied. I've seen a ton of Lucas amiibos at my Gamestop. Unfortunately, the waves that had the biggest supply problems aren't restocked yet. (Lucina, Ike, Palutena, etc).

I did buy Lucina through a scalper (dick). Found a Fox one as well which I was lucky to get. And picked up Roy. I'll start collecting the rest of the damn things I want when the Cloud amiibo comes out.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »
I'll say it again. Beat the Bomb is awesome. Australian site with great prices and very reasonable shipping. They have a ton of the hard to find amiibo. I got my Robin and Lucina through them.

If you don't care about being a "North American New In Box Collector" and live in the USA this is a no-brainer. Thanks to conversion rates you get them including shipping for less than MSRP.

I just checked and all 5 Fire Emblem amiibo are currently in stock there, along with nearly every other Smash amiibo ever released. They are all priced below US MSRP when you convert to USD with the most expensive being $11.72. Shipping is cheaper when you bundle.

What's the best way to get the Roy amiibo? GameStop is no longer an option for me unfortunately. If anyone want to help a brother out I'd be happy.

I'm curious to hear the reason for this if you don't mind sharing. Bad experience?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:40:35 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »
I'm curious to hear the reason for this if you don't mind sharing. Bad experience?

Nah, just that they closed down all their stores and left the island. I decided to use Beat the Bomb and got a pretty good price for Roy, Lucina and Robin to complete my Fire Emblem collection for the time being.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »

I'd buy that.
Ah crap, I think I'd buy that too!

True story: I witnessed a miracle today. I went to pick up my Ryu and Roy preorders (at 8pm my time), and there was half of an endcap full of Roy. It was the first time I ever saw a Fire Emblem amiibo on a shelf in any quantity. I think the craze may be dying down.
Every time I go to Best Buy, they have a whole shelf full of Marth.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »
I'll say it again. Beat the Bomb is awesome. Australian site with great prices and very reasonable shipping. They have a ton of the hard to find amiibo. I got my Robin and Lucina through them.

I've had bad luck with importing items that I've just given up on it. I'll give these guys a try later for Ike and maybe Robin/Marth and see how it goes though.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »
I've had bad luck with importing items that I've just given up on it. I'll give these guys a try later for Ike and maybe Robin/Marth and see how it goes though.
You shouldn't need to import Marth, just go to Best Buy. Unless you don't have those stores nearby, then I guess you might...

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »
Has the Marth situation improved? I know they did a restock, but he was still hard to find/expensive.

I have a Best Buy, but it is just really out of the way.