Author Topic: Let's Talk Amiibo!  (Read 147586 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Let's Talk Amiibo!
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »
I feel that Mega Man and Sonic are being stocked well because they've been at every Toys 'R Us I've been to, at least in my area. This is after they've been out for a while now. Which is good because everyone needs to get a Mega Man Amiibo.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2015, 02:56:24 PM »
Maybe it's a regional thing….Ran across the First Sonic I've seen so far at a Gamestop in Raleigh, NC, and scooped it up. The only one I've seen in the wild.  That said, I saw 4 Megaman's on the shelf as well, so maybe it's just because we sit on the east coast & I know Nintendo's shipments come from the west coast.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2015, 02:21:57 PM »
http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/amiibo/0-0-0-q.amiibo_bpt.48-en/list.html

Japanese versions of Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer available for cheap preorder. They release May 31 and you get free shipping when you order 2 or more.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
Maybe it's a regional thing….Ran across the First Sonic I've seen so far at a Gamestop in Raleigh, NC, and scooped it up. The only one I've seen in the wild.  That said, I saw 4 Megaman's on the shelf as well, so maybe it's just because we sit on the east coast & I know Nintendo's shipments come from the west coast.

I'm in the Midwest myself. *nods*

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »

Fun, I was born & lived in Illinois most of my life.  Where you from?

Over the last week, I've seen Sonic a lot more regularly, less-so the Megaman amiibo.  Toon Link seems to be in better supply now, too.  That said, can't seem to find Ike or King Dedede anywhere. The West Coast strikes must have really screwed with their distribution.  Our local target has told us not to expect them to get any of the Ike or Dedede ones, at this point.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »
I got my Ike amiibo from Amazon UK. I've given up looking for Dedede.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »
So there's a new DLC pack that requires a specific Toad Amiibo to unlock (the DLC does not come from the Amiibo, just the unlocking of said DLC).

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/nintendos-physical-dlc-supply-limited-toy-needed-for-new-gameplay-puzzles/

Amiibo can already be spoofed (as in I'm sure you'll soon be able to unlock this DLC with your phone), I don't think this is such a great idea.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2015, 02:02:54 AM »
Is Toad really low stock? I've gotten countless notifications from NowInStock.net about him.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2015, 02:40:20 PM »

Fun, I was born & lived in Illinois most of my life.  Where you from?

Over the last week, I've seen Sonic a lot more regularly, less-so the Megaman amiibo.  Toon Link seems to be in better supply now, too.  That said, can't seem to find Ike or King Dedede anywhere. The West Coast strikes must have really screwed with their distribution.  Our local target has told us not to expect them to get any of the Ike or Dedede ones, at this point.

Missouri. :)

Yeah, Ike and Dedede are impossible to find in stores, but Mega Man and Sonic are really easy to find. There was a whole row of blue with Sonic and Mega all lined up, all the way to the back of the shelf. Meanwhile, for the Super Mario series I am currently unable to find Toad, which is pretty much the only one I want of that series.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »
amiibo wave 4 height=183

I know when they announced wave 4, the Australia EB games/Gamestop had the date set for the 24th. Nintendo's site still says Spring 2015.

"Wave 4 Pre-orders Rumor: There is no finite news of Wave 4 pre-orders yet! There will be an update when they are announced. Rumors say Nintendo is delaying pre-orders in the USA to ensure Super Mario amiibo line gets its due exposure"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:11:54 PM by Triforce Hermit »
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2015, 12:32:31 PM »
There were Toad figures locally very recently. I'm game to go looking and buy/ship at cost if forum regulars want them... but would caution that shipping from Canada isn't cheap so you might be better off just waiting for a restock.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 01, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
All the amiibo news.

- Wave 4 releasing May 29
- Splatoon Inkling amiibos also coming out May 29 (two separate and a bundle of three with squid amiibo exclusive to the bundle)
- Yarn Yoshi amiibo in 3 colors
- Dark Pit and Palutena on July
- Olimar, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf for September
- Mewtwo and Lucas amiibo confirmed.

EDIT: Ness is a Gamestop Exclusive. Wave 4 preorders begin tomorrow!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:04:22 PM by Soren »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2015, 11:08:51 AM »
Greninja is Toys 'R Us exclusive.
Jigglypuff is Target exclusive.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »
Crap...and me without internet at my new house. Was there any word on addressing the shortages or rerelease of old ones like Marth?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
Bill mentioned there would be more Marth.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »
http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-the-full-rundown-on-all-the-wave-4-amiibo-madness-today-including-gamestop-s-plan-289917.phtml

Its coming from Destructoid. I don't know how reliable they are because I don't care for them.

I just want my fucking amiibo.  :(

Edit: Gamestop is down.

Edit 2: Gamestop went to hell and gone. On there Facebook, they said no online pre-orders at all. Best buy went to hell as well. I don't even know if Amazon ever listed. I'm going end up paying some scalper prick in the end. ****.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:57:54 PM by Triforce Hermit »

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2015, 12:32:33 AM »
The amiibo-calypse continues. Even though I really want a Lucina, I can't help but cackle at continued shortage of amiibo of niche characters. Or maybe laughing is the only way for me to stay sane.

However Nintendo is managing and anticipating it's North American supply-demand chain, it continues to be woefully inadequate for their dedicated fans.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2015, 01:06:11 AM »
I'm done. Not worth it anymore.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2015, 08:21:24 AM »
Everyone is sold out now. So my only chance at Lucina is

A) Scalpers
B) a restock that will last just as long as the pre-orders did.
C) If Evan_B still has that offer open and if Japan doesn't go to hell with it.

I want to say some really violent things, but I'm controlling myself. I'll get mild comfort in the thought that a restock will screw over some scalpers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:25:11 AM by Triforce Hermit »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »
Due to the scarcity issue, I'm rapidly starting to think that Nintendo's DLC scam may be the worst in the industry. Say what you will about Capcom's on-disc DLC, but at least it's there to purchase at any time and usually gets discounted after a while. For all the comparisons to Skylanders, I've never had this kind of trouble getting a Skylander or Infinity Figure as Nintendo has with any Amiibo, nor is the content in those games locked behind 1 specific figure. If you want access to the parts of a Nintendo game they've locked behind the Amiibo paywall, you're looking at coughing up $50+ on Ebay. Just ridiculous.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2015, 11:40:23 AM »
Everyone is sold out now. So my only chance at Lucina is

A) Scalpers
B) a restock that will last just as long as the pre-orders did.
C) If Evan_B still has that offer open and if Japan doesn't go to hell with it.

I want to say some really violent things, but I'm controlling myself. I'll get mild comfort in the thought that a restock will screw over some scalpers.
I'm following the release dates, if you want a copy of any of them email me as close to launch as possible, because while the stock is healthy, it doesn't stay that way long.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
If you want access to the parts of a Nintendo game they've locked behind the Amiibo paywall, you're looking at coughing up $50+ on Ebay. Just ridiculous.

Or...you know...just wait for the cards they've announced. Nobody is buying amiibo at those prices because of the content they unlock in the games.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2015, 01:46:20 PM »
If you want access to the parts of a Nintendo game they've locked behind the Amiibo paywall, you're looking at coughing up $50+ on Ebay. Just ridiculous.

Or...you know...just wait for the cards they've announced. Nobody is buying amiibo at those prices because of the content they unlock in the games.

I have no interest in buying glorified E-reader cards, especially at Nintendo's prices. Nintendo should just be selling this on-disc DLC digitally like every other company, if they insist upon no longer giving us the full game when we pay full price. Have the Amiibo for those who just want the figure, with the slight discount of the character already unlocking crap everyone else has to pay for.

My entire problem with Amiibo is that Nintendo's locking content behind the purchase of figures no one can buy because the Ebay scalpers clear out the new inventory for the rest of the year every time there's a new wave of the things. Either make the content available for purchase separately, or make the figures more available. But Nintendo prefers catering to their fanbase of Ebay scalpers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:54:53 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2015, 02:48:09 PM »
The cards are Nintendo's solution for a non-amiibo alternative. Its a bad solution nobody wants (except maybe scalpers). But its the one they are going with.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Ultimately Nintendo is entirely to blame for this debacle, but it's not because of some bullshit claim of being sold "on-disc DLC" or fans being unable to access content. Nobody cared about the things Amiibo unlocked in games until now when it's a convenient excuse to pile on.

Nintendo has to do two things. Either slow things down and actually manufacture enough to figures to keep up with demand, or increase the size of their manufacturing capabilities. If Nintendo insists on releasing Amiibo waves so close to each other, they need to expand the manufacturing. Only having 2 Smash Bros. figures releasing in July (because of the Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi figures) makes it painfully obvious that there's no support going on. And that burns up goodwill with the fans way faster than claiming Nintendo is intentionally selling people on-disc DLC.