Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157361 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
The Ant-man hype was real.

My new top 5

Winter Solider
Ant-man
Avengers
First Avenger
Guardians
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Hmmm...might see it tomorrow morning.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I might try to convince my wife to go see it sooner rather than later.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Apocalypse looks pretty dumb thus far. I think they picked the wrong guy for the role...but maybe the released pics (only from 5 weeks of shooting, apparently) aren't his final form or something. He's not supposed to have a blue face. Also Magneto looks pretty dumb too...should have gone with his look from DoFP. They always do this crap where they put lines and straps and "sections" into costumes for no reason and it just looks dumb. I will say that Storm and Psylocke look pretty great though. It will be weird seeing how this next movie will be the further erasing of X-Men 1, 2, and 3. For someone who has never seen any of the movies they should actually watch them in the order that they were released (or just watch First Class before any of the others, then go in order)...or they could just never watch the first 3 movies since the events don't take place anymore. Anyway...Apocalypse looks dumb.

I guess this isn't part of the MCU since it's Fox...but meh.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:02:54 PM by Brandogg »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Ant-Man

don't let the trailers and the internet unHYPE fool you.

This movie was actually funny, very entertaining, and one of Marvel's best yet.

Definite Top 3 for me. recommended for all, even those that don't follow the MCU.
and there are 2 post credit scenes. so stay till the very end.

I was also glad to see Edgar Wright get that writer and exec producer credits at the end. you can definitely see his influence in the film.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
see below.... double post.
I must be tired. -_-
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:29:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Ant-Man

don't let the trailers and the internet unHYPE fool you.

This movie was actually funny, very entertaining, and one of Marvel's best yet.

Definite Top 3 for me. recommended for all, even those that don't follow the MCU.
and there are 2 post credit scenes. so stay till the very end.

I was also glad to see Edgar Wright get that writer and exec producer credits at the end. you can definitely see his influence in the film.

I actually forgot about the second one and left after the first (whoops!)

I watched it last night, apart from a few odd bits of casting (TI in particular..) and how the director seemed to borrow heavily from Edgar Wright's hyper-frantic style it turned out pretty decently.

I think Guardians was a better launch movie overall though, that clicked very well plus its music choices balanced it out perfectly.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ant-man's comedic timing was much more on point than the comedy of Guardians.
The action was also done extremely well with the different set pieces and visualization of the powers.
Guardians excelled in soundtrack and background visualizations though. I would honestly put Ant-man above guardians in my top picks, with TWS still at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:13:13 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Ant-man is good.  I think they learned a lot from GotG that t hey took to this movie.  I like the heisty feel without going all the way that way.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The conversational flash-backs were one of my favorite parts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I think it was a good choice that The Wasp doesn't talk.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I think it was a good choice that The Wasp doesn't talk.

They also didn't show anything other than her eyes so now they can cast anyone for the part in a pre/sequel and it won't break continuity.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I assumed that the Wasp not being shown was intentional as a future sequel would venture in the Microverse or be delt with in Doctor Strange.

Overall I thought that Ant-man was a great way to end Phase II of the MCU, while Ultron did end with three new Heroes and a new Status Quo for the Avengers. But the more personal stories like Ant-man and Daredevil push the universe forward for me as we start to see all these guys with powers and skills start to pop up more and more.

Speaking of which anyone else find it a bit odd how Silent Jessica Jones has been with only a few months before its being released. Also while its probably a next year show but I though we'd hear more rumors at the very least about the John Ridley's untitled ABC project.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's been penciled in as a fall 2015 show. Likely November, but nothing confirmed.

I really don't think they want it to slip into next year considering Daredevil S2, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and possibly the Defenders all next year.

Between Netflix, ABC and Marvel movies, Marvel Studios has a jam packed year next year.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
If  you are really a Marvel/MCU purist, this is the recommended watching order.... http://www.thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?13339-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline

aka, these are the people that scare me.
and not a lot of people scare me.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I also give a thumbs up for Ant Man, entertaining and fun.

There were two post credit scenes? I only stayed for the first one because there wasn't a second end one for Ultron.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
2nd end credit scene after Ant-Man was a clip from Cap3: Civil War *corrected*

next spoiler involves details of the previous spoiler
it was Cap and Falcon standing over Bucky who looked to have his metal arm in a vice, and they were saying how the couldn't call on Tony for some technical expertise(?), but Falcon "knew a guy"...implying Ant-Man, who we already know he was looking for.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:02:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
*2nd end credit scene after Ant-Man was from Captain America: Civil War, not Winter Soldier, but it was with Winter Soldier.

Also: Ant-Man is awesome, go see it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Ant-Man is great.

Fantastic movie all around.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ant-Man is great.

Fantastic movie all around.

Don't listen to this guy, it was actually pretty good.... better than most... movies when it comes to comedy and action. Top 5 MCU easily, so if you had a problem, then you got it all twisted.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
New Marvel Netflix Shows EVERY Six Months

Quote from: Natalie Abrams (EW)
There will be a Marvel series every 6 months leading up to #Defenders, some shows will have multiple seasons #TCA15
https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/626056650168926208

So that must mean Aka Jessica Jones is scheduled for an October release.

speculation to follow:
Daredevil S2 + Luke Cage in April 2016
Iron Fist (+ Jessica Jones S2?*) in October 2016
Daredevil S3 + Heroes for Hire (LC, IF & JJ) April 2017
Defenders October 2017

*Would be nice if they slipped in a Punisher mini series as well

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think I saw our friend Karl tweeting about a Thunderbolts show earlier today too.

That would be sweeeet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Steven DeKnight talks "Marvel's Punisher" for Daredevil S2
http://www.slashfilm.com/daredevil-season-2-punisher/

While being diplomatic to the three previous films, DeKnight said this will be the most “Marvel” version of The Punisher.

“The thing about The Punisher, and I think there are great things about each of those versions, but none of them was completely the Marvel version,” DeKnight said.

“And none of those movies were under the Marvel Studios banner until they recently got The Punisher back. So this is really the first time that we’re seeing the Marvel Studios from the Iron Man days, when they can control their own product, actually do this character.”

One likely thing is that Bernthal’s Frank Castle probably won’t be as graphically violent as Lexi Alexander’s hard R-rated film Punisher: War Zone.

“Doubtful, that was pretty violent,” DeKnight said. “The first season of Daredevil was violent but I always say it was more implied. It wasn’t nearly as violent as The Walking Dead, a show that I love. On that, if somebody were to crush somebody’s head in a car door, you would’ve seen the head crush on screen but we didn’t want to go quite that far. We wanted to keep it right around PG-16 and not go all the way to the R. I have no idea if they’re planning to push it that far next season but I would be surprised.”

DeKnight regrets having to depart Daredevil just when they’re adding his favorite character. However, as a devoted Punisher fan, he vouches for the early discussions his team was having about Frank Castle before he left.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1924 on: August 04, 2015, 03:36:58 AM »
Supposed details of SPIDER-MAN in Captain America: CIVIL WAR

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/03/peter-parker-shot-his-civil-war-cameo
It's important here to know that Tom Holland shooting his bit isn't the same as Spider-Man shooting his bit. Spider-Man has been on that set for a while, played by stunt men. All you need Tom Holland for is any Peter Parker scenes, because otherwise he can come into a local recording studio and loop Spidey's dialogue at any point between now and release. Basically if Spidey's mask is off you need Tom Holland, but every other scene happens without him.

How many scenes will Spider-Man be in? I don't know the exact number, but sources have recently made it clear to me that there's more Spider-Man in this movie than I expected. Spider-Man doesn't just swing by and say hi - gets his hands dirty in this Civil War. He fights. And his fight scene might be the one that really gets fandom excited - not because of how top tier the face-off will be, but because of how profoundly dorky and unlike any other big screen superhero fight it will be.

So for the record: Peter Parker will have a cameo, while Spider-Man will have a few scenes and at least one fight that will be jockeying for a spot on the best superhero battles ever list.

Sounds good to me. An introduction, a few quips and a display of raw ability against an established character, and that is far more than many of us would have probably expected.