Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165245 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #2000 on: October 09, 2015, 05:25:59 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for an all-new IP, somewhere.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 09, 2015, 07:58:28 AM »
I was excited that Black Panther had a summer slot before, but now he gets moved up to Black history month, which I'm sure was no coincidence.

As far as the untitled movies go, one will hopefully be a Hulk movie or a new hero/group and the other 2 will be sequels to maybe Dr. Strange and most certainly Spider-Man.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2002 on: October 09, 2015, 08:18:10 AM »
It is smart for Marvel and Disney to be rewarding the fans with sequels and trilogies for movies that are successful...you kinda have to jump on that success fast before fans forget about the character and get lost in new characters. 

Eventually Marvel will have a new movie that just doesn't resonate with the audience.  My bet is Doctor Strange...so it is wise that Marvel is putting the Ant Man sequel in.  It is also a pretty big deal to focus on either

A)  Turning a series into a trilogy and then just using the character to promote other series. Or
B) Use the characters movies to help build up events...like Captain Marvel: Civil War. 

I think Iron Man 3 is a great end to that series and if you watched all 3 of those movies without watching any other Marvel movies you would have closure for the series...Iron Man can be and should be put on the back burner. Now Captain America is going a different direction and I think a few more Captain America movies can be made, because his movies now kinda Shield stories and universe growing stories.

Thor's movies should probably go the direction that Iron Man did.  They should make a last movie for a trilogy that explains what happens with Loki and Thor taking responsibility for his throne.  Then just use Thor in other characters movies.  Thor is not a character you should make endless movies about. 

Ant Man and Wasp, don't really feel like a trilogy however a sequel could be good to help advance the character for usage in more movies. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 09, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
GotG 3 or a spin-off from the Cosmic side of things could be one of the unannounced movies as well. Marvel could use another Cosmic franchise... not sure if Inhumans will count.

Ant-Man certainly deserves a sequel though, as it hasn't even released in China and is smack dab in the middle of Cap1 and Thor1 in both domestic and worldwide grosses. It was a good start even if it wasn't a break-away hit like GotG on it's first run.
I'm hoping the sequel also expands on the microverse and gives us some Giant-Man action as well.

Thor needs a great trilogy closure movie. and I absolutely agree that Captain America can continue to be a phase expanding series, as maybe Bucky or Falcon take the mantle depending on where the series goes.

and just like Ant-man, and GotG before it, Dr. Strange will be a wild card movie with doubts cast all over it until we actually get to see how it turned out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2004 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:03 PM »
I'm betting the two slots are reserved to see which new franchises deserve sequels.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: October 10, 2015, 12:51:17 PM »
Marvel exists to entertain me.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: October 10, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »
Like...literally. It's great.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2007 on: October 10, 2015, 09:43:57 PM »
Well, they exist to entertain, so yes.  It's great.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 10, 2015, 10:13:23 PM »
 Remember way back before the Sony leaks, someone here predicted  Spider-Man for the MCU (cough, cough....ahem) anyway that same person is now predicting Wolverine...Hugh Jackman... even with him saying this is his last time playing the character.  I'm calling it right now..."HUGH JACMAN TO REPRISE ROLL AS WOLVERINE IN INFINITY WARS PART II...(even if its just a cameo)  BOOK IT! I know this is sudden and seemingly out of nowhere.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 11, 2015, 12:00:44 AM »
Remember way back before the Sony leaks, someone here predicted  Spider-Man for the MCU (cough, cough....ahem) anyway that same person is now predicting Wolverine...Hugh Jackman... even with him saying this is his last time playing the character.  I'm calling it right now..."HUGH JACMAN TO REPRISE ROLL AS WOLVERINE IN INFINITY WARS PART II...(even if its just a cameo)  BOOK IT! I know this is sudden and seemingly out of nowhere.

That would require some negotiating between Marvel/Disney & Fox, and I'm not sure Marvel wants to tie the Fox X-men movies into the MCU by way of cameo of actor being the same character from "rival" movies.

which means that's 2 things that make that scenario unlikely to happen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:04:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: October 11, 2015, 12:08:25 AM »
another trailer
https://twitter.com/JessicaJones/status/652127587053867008

bonus:

Daredevil - Luke Cage - Jessica Jones

The Punisher - Elektra
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:16:46 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 11, 2015, 12:28:02 AM »
oh, and apparently there is a leaked trailer for Daredevil S2 out there somewhere, so if you get a good copy of it, post it here ;)

1st episode of Jessica Jones was also shown at NYCC today and apparently is dark, funny, adult and fucking awesome. I can't wait till this hits Netflix on Nov 20th.
and going by the impression of those that was there to see it, it looks to take place in current to release timeline (aka In line with AoS s3) so it might help to be caught up on all your MCU TV, even if it is just for background details.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 15, 2015, 03:30:14 AM »
Rumor: Hulk to be in Thor: Ragnarok
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-mark-ruffalos-hulk-will-return-in-thor-ragnarok-333

Speculation (from above rumor): Planet Hulk may be incorporated in one way or another

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 15, 2015, 09:49:37 AM »
Marvel apparently got the rights to Fantastic Four back. New movie reportedly set for 2020.

Link

Galactus would make a good main villain to follow Thanos.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 15, 2015, 10:05:23 AM »
Awesome news if true.

Galactus somehow heading our way due to the commotion from the Infinity Saga.
but before that, Dr. Doom starts running the Masters of Evil show in MCU, whipping all these 2 star troublemakers into 5 star villains.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 15, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »
Yeah I saw this coming. By 2020, Marvel  will have some rights to ALL their IPs. Whether or not these are just cameo's joint ventures or Total Ownage remains to be seen. DOOM IS COMING!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 15, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »
Woo! Now I can watch the recent film to see how awful it is. And that is probably enough time for them to separate themselves from all of the F4 films. Hopefully we get to see them appear in the Infinity saga at some point.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:28 AM »
[Jessica Jones] Trailer

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 23, 2015, 04:00:48 PM »
Dark. Very dark, but that is what Kilgrave deserves. Its funny how they show so much of her story in the trailer although if you don't know her character it kinda doesn't matter.  She'a a C/B tier superhero and they've made her very very interesting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 07, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »
1st look at Cumberbatch add Doctor Strange

And supposed plot details from L-R
Apparently the story opens in 1968 Kathmandu (the capital of Nepal) where some dark magic users open a portal to another dimension (probably making first contact with Dormammu, methinks). Leading the dark arts practitioner is a character named Kaecilius, who has ties to Baron Mordo in the Marvel Comics lore. From this first contact, the scene shifts to present day NYC, where we meet Doctor Strange, a gifted but arrogant surgeon. Reportedly, Strange damages his hands in a car accident while talking on his cell phone and even several surgeries from Dr. Nicodemus West are not enough to restore functionality to Strange's fingers. His medical career is effectively over. Apparently his quest for a cure leads him to magic and subatomic particles (Kevin Feige previously stated that the MCU's first introduction to the mystical realm would be in Ant-Man) and eventually to the doorstep of the Ancient One. Apparently, Strange's journey to find the Ancient One is what is currently being filmed in Nepal.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 05:51:54 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 07, 2015, 11:57:09 PM »
Agents of SHIELD celebrates their 50th episode

Gawd I love Skye. She's so damn cute in and out of character.

The whole cast is great actually.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:58:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 12, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
New stills and a new trailer for Jessica Jones

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/66szS#

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:54:32 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 13, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

and another review
http://deadline.com/2015/11/jessica-jones-review-marvel-netflix-krysten-ritter-david-tennant-1201620530/

If you are waiting for the next great series of 2015, mark November 20 on your calendar. That’s when the full, 13-episode first season of Marvel’s Jessica Jones goes up on Netflix. The dark thriller starring Krysten Ritter and David Tennant, as my video review above says, is grown-up great and certainly binge appointment viewing.
[...]
With Ritter as the hero-turned-P.I. to pay the bills, the Melissa Rosenberg-created series is full of bar fights, demented declarations, tinges of the greater Marvel Universe always in the background (and a cameo or two), and a seething Hell’s Kitchen that has turned into a terror dome in many ways. Bringing depth to the series and its characters, under Rosenberg’s steady showrunning hand there are also powerful topics of PTSD, abuse, assault, shame, and death dealt with in a mature and intriguing manner – this is a new height for Marvel, which already leaped pretty high with Daredevil, the first of four series to eventually be shown on Netflix.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 16, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
Agent Carter to have a 2hr premiere on Jan 5th @ 9pm on ABC

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelReport/status/666372131601686528

edit:
and a couple of Sneak Peaks at Jessica Jones:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:22:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »