Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Life on Mira.  (Read 125489 times)

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Welcome to Mira!
« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
You can exchange squad tickets for monster drops in the online/multiplayer terminal in the barracks.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2015, 04:48:24 AM »
The lacks auto-leveling for out-of-party members, which is a shame and a hassle.

There ways to mitigate this:
Sakuraba's BLADE wear carries the EXP Boost augment at certain arms manufacturer levels.
Keep your free starter Urban at Skell Insurance 1 so party members between levels 20-29 can enjoy the power without you having to worry about salvage costs.
Fighting higher level indigens nets boosts the base experience you get from defeating them.
I'm pretty sure that party members gain experience even if they were incapacitated from a fight.

These tricks can quickly get a new party member up to speed. I've seen Murderess go from 22 to 27 over the course of an hour or two.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2015, 09:53:53 AM »
I just got my Skell and haven't seen much on Skell Insurance. I leveled to 30 and bought a Medium one. If it goes in the hangar it should have insurance right? I didn't do much last night except grind about 2 levels and screw around with the Skell and blow it up multiple times go into the Ganglion fortress where one of the turrets from Chapter 5 were to massacre everything.

Yeah I need to level L and Doug at some point. The gameplay is so much fun and a massive improvement, but the cast not nearly as likable as the first Xenoblade's. Such a shame.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:49:39 AM by Triforce Hermit »
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 29, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
Skell Insurance is in the stats screen of the Skell. As long as you have some, you won't need to pay high salvage costs when you wreck your Skell and fail to get a perfect eject. Once you run out, you will need to pay. And NPC party members will need to pay if the Skell they wreck has no more insurance.

So, do take care of your Skells!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #304 on: December 29, 2015, 08:04:19 PM »
Or you could join the Prospectors and get salvage tickets for DAYS, y'all.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2015, 01:02:18 AM »
Or you could join the Prospectors and get salvage tickets for DAYS, y'all.

But, my role-playing!
Honestly, if I was in a min-maxing mindset, I would jump on the Prospectors bandwagon.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »
Because of holiday vacations I've had very little time to play. I'm itching to get back to Mira!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »
Finding Spherical EM motors is horrible, but it can be done. Just know when it says North East, it means up the tree and into the cave, not directly North East.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 01, 2016, 07:34:36 PM »
Is it just me, or is the boss in Chapter 9 ridiculously hard? The first sequence took a few tries, but I was lucky enough I guess Elma didn't die before I killed the minions (and stared dishing out 20k dmg?). The 2nd sequence twice I've come very close to killing him, but at 1/8 health he blows up all three Skells in succession (If Elma doesn't die early) and that is it. I've purposely avoided lowering the difficulty, but hell the game was not this difficult up until this point. And everyone is level 40.

The extra party members aren't horrible (except Hector), but overall they range from average to slightly above average. Idk I like Alexa myself. Just not enough character delved into there.

Loving the Beam Saber/ Psycho Blaster Class (Galactic Knight). Shield Trooper was disappointing and the Sword/Assault Rifle class was okay, but kind of boring. Galatic Knight is quick high melee damage. I just need to solve my problem with lack of TP.

Offline Ninferno

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 01, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »
Is it just me, or is the boss in Chapter 9 ridiculously hard? The first sequence took a few tries, but I was lucky enough I guess Elma didn't die before I killed the minions (and stared dishing out 20k dmg?). The 2nd sequence twice I've come very close to killing him, but at 1/8 health he blows up all three Skells in succession (If Elma doesn't die early) and that is it. I've purposely avoided lowering the difficulty, but hell the game was not this difficult up until this point. And everyone is level 40.

The extra party members aren't horrible (except Hector), but overall they range from average to slightly above average. Idk I like Alexa myself. Just not enough character delved into there.

Loving the Beam Saber/ Psycho Blaster Class (Galactic Knight). Shield Trooper was disappointing and the Sword/Assault Rifle class was okay, but kind of boring. Galatic Knight is quick high melee damage. I just need to solve my problem with lack of TP.

There is definitely a difficulty spike at Chapter 9. However, if you have everybody at lv40 and least 3 skells (and I suppose they are the lv30 ones), chances are you should be perfectly capable of dealing with it. You should use the "concentrate fire" option in the battle menu during this whole fight. Focus on the skell piloted by the cat woman first. Once hers is down, start on lion man's. Keep in mind that when he drops to below half health and summons those lv 32 skells to join the fight, he enters this period of invincibility. That is when you should switch to clear out the grunts first.

With 3 lv30 skells and lv40 Lin who receives the huge +60% defense bonus from the skell allies, you should have a very good chance of surviving long enough to annihilate the enemies.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2016, 04:07:10 PM »
I wound up lowering the difficulty on chapter 6 because I couldn't be bothered to grind up Lao to a high enough level where he wouldn't get killed in like 5 seconds.

Even with everything at the same level as him he still managed to get killed in like 5 seconds so I really hope I don't have to deal with him again.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2016, 09:10:39 PM »
I have a question, when you level up do all your stats go up or is it just health that increases?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »
The core level increases your HP directly, and indirectly raises the other stats by determining what you can equip.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »
To my amusement and annoyance, I was able to crash the game twice in a row by opening a door during combat. This was in the southern Ganglion base in Syvalum. After hearing about other people experiencing crashes, I made it a point to save frequently so I won't lose too much progress.

I'm being a meandering dolt by spending the last 20-30 hours in between chapters 6-7. It might be 40-50 hours considering I got my Skell at the 42 hour mark and now my game clock reads 92. Wait... it is 50 hours. Oh boy.

The Normal and Affinity missions are fun! While it might not help against the perception of the game's lack of or weak narrative, I am reminded by the game to recommend doing any Normal mission you come across. Granted, some of them are trivial affairs. But others are longer stories that go places. Yesterday I completed one by the western part of Syvalum that surprised me. Under a more critical analysis, the story of that mission is an off-to-the-side thing. But it added a little bit of flavor to the game for me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 07, 2016, 06:14:29 PM »
Why do the data packs require so much extra free space than they actually need in order to download them? I have plenty of space for them all, but I had to download them individually because of this nonsense, and I can't get the last one because it still says it needs 5 more GB than it actually takes up, which is only slightly more than what's free. So annoying. I know that most things require some extra free space for various reasons, but I see no reason why a 1 GB file needs 6 GB free.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
Why do the data packs require so much extra free space than they actually need in order to download them?

The system needs enough space to hold the data pack plus the installer files at the same time. After the data pack is installed, the installer files are deleted. Every digital game on Wii U asks for more space than the actual installed game takes up because of this.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2016, 06:59:51 PM »
I understand that, but I've never seen something that requires this much extra space. Again, 6 GB for a 1 GB file. That's insane.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »

I'm being a meandering dolt by spending the last 20-30 hours in between chapters 6-7. It might be 40-50 hours considering I got my Skell at the 42 hour mark and now my game clock reads 92. Wait... it is 50 hours. Oh boy.

The Normal and Affinity missions are fun! While it might not help against the perception of the game's lack of or weak narrative, I am reminded by the game to recommend doing any Normal mission you come across. Granted, some of them are trivial affairs. But others are longer stories that go places. Yesterday I completed one by the western part of Syvalum that surprised me. Under a more critical analysis, the story of that mission is an off-to-the-side thing. But it added a little bit of flavor to the game for me.
Try the water purification plant line, those are some fun times.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2016, 12:52:50 AM »

Try the water purification plant line, those are some fun times.

Done and dusted that one. Again, it's a one-off thing that is probably never mentioned again which lessens its meaning. Still, it adds a little narrative something to a game whose narrative has been reviewed to be underwhelming.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2016, 07:32:57 PM »
Hoookay, I'm about 8.5 hours in and I just got obliterated three times in a row by the boss squad outside the Life Pod archive or whatever (lady in S&M gear with head tentacles) partway through Chapter 4. So far the game has been fairly even-handed with difficulty so long as you don't get into a fight with a high-level monster (though I feel like I'm getting one-shotted by these creatures too often while trying to get to mission waypoints), but with a level-14ish team I can't last 30 seconds against this crew. Granted, I barely understand what's going on with the game systems most of the time, but I'm fairly sure that I at least have all my battle points distributed and have the three other team members equipped with the highest level gear they can wear. Do I need to grind up to stand a chance here? I really can't fathom what I could be doing that incorrectly with arts management that would otherwise allow me to put up a fight in this situation.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall hitting a similar wall in the first Xenoblade game when you get to the first real spider mech boss at about the same length into the game. In that case my Wii disc drive broke during my fourth try and that was the end of the road. 

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2016, 07:56:51 PM »
I did that. Probably 30-40 hours, but I'm doing it again now that I have the flight module.

Hoookay, I'm about 8.5 hours in and I just got obliterated three times in a row by the boss squad outside the Life Pod archive or whatever (lady in S&M gear with head tentacles) partway through Chapter 4. So far the game has been fairly even-handed with difficulty so long as you don't get into a fight with a high-level monster (though I feel like I'm getting one-shotted by these creatures too often while trying to get to mission waypoints), but with a level-14ish team I can't last 30 seconds against this crew. Granted, I barely understand what's going on with the game systems most of the time, but I'm fairly sure that I at least have all my battle points distributed and have the three other team members equipped with the highest level gear they can wear. Do I need to grind up to stand a chance here? I really can't fathom what I could be doing that incorrectly with arts management that would otherwise allow me to put up a fight in this situation.
I grinded to level 20 and got level 20 gear, but was overkill at that point. But yeah you want to grind above level 16, probably to level 18. Northeast of New LA is Janpon Plains or something like with a ton grexes you can grind at your level.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2016, 08:08:23 PM »
MadicCow64: I was at about 25ish hours at that point so for me it was a cake walk ;D ; but make sure you have skills equipped on all your characters, equip augments in empty armor slots, if your character is level 10 you can class up, if you need a few extra bp try filling up some collectopedia panels, try fiddling around with your soul voice options and get some call outs that gel with your build, understand that if you click down the right stick in battle you can lock on an appendage and keep attacking it until it is destroyed which stops them from using one of their arts, the chapter 4 boss uses electricity so ideally you would want armor that has high electricity resistance which is the yellow lightning bolt in attribute resistance, holding R and then using one of the d pad directions that comes up will allow to give commands like concentrate on my target and so on, you can also access that by pressing + and using the menu.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2016, 10:03:13 AM »
Thanks TF, I don't like grinding but at least I know I'm not screwed at the outset for not knowing how to play the game.

MadicCow64: I was at about 25ish hours at that point so for me it was a cake walk ;D ; but make sure you have skills equipped on all your characters, equip augments in empty armor slots, if your character is level 10 you can class up, if you need a few extra bp try filling up some collectopedia panels, try fiddling around with your soul voice options and get some call outs that gel with your build, understand that if you click down the right stick in battle you can lock on an appendage and keep attacking it until it is destroyed which stops them from using one of their arts, the chapter 4 boss uses electricity so ideally you would want armor that has high electricity resistance which is the yellow lightning bolt in attribute resistance, holding R and then using one of the d pad directions that comes up will allow to give commands like concentrate on my target and so on, you can also access that by pressing + and using the menu.

Or maybe I am, because, wow, I have no idea about any of that stuff aside from the class tree. Is there a way to switch between different enemies in a fight? 

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
R will cycle through the targeted enemy in a battle.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »
Water Purification quest line is awesome, as are the Professor B and Church/Equality lines of the game. The quests add a lot of character and depth to the story, and though they don't factor much into the overall narrative of the game its still nice that Monolith seems to have diversified their quest lines since the original Xenoblade.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.