Author Topic: CES: Thoughts?  (Read 6313 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: CES: Thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 10:45:13 PM »
It feels too eary for me, too. Do you think they'd even be able to shrink the system this early? Or would the redesign not make it smaller?

More to the point, if now is too early, later would probably be too close to the rev launch. Nintendo hates making their products compete for the spotlight. Or would they think that a rev-themed redesign (sleek/apple-white) would actually help bolster rev sales?

So many variables! Regardless, my prediction is Christmas 2007. ....unless that's too close to GameBoy Next?

edit: forgot it's 2006 already.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:CES: Thoughts?
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 04:21:14 AM »
Well...the point of the SP was not to make a smaller GBA, just a slicker GBA with a frontlight (or was it a backlight?  I don't remember squat).  Having said that, the SP was more portable.

With the DS...I don't want to miss out on anything if I don't buy a redesigned one.  DSpeak, online PictoChat...okay, cool, include them in the new DS, but make them available to the people who actually bought at launch via firmware update or otherwise.  I just think it's stupid when companies actually punish their loyal customers who bought systems on launch day and stuff.

Nintendo obviously has no problem with systems competing for the spotlight: the Game Boy Micro was released while the DS was still selling incredibly strong.  Of course I hope they learned something from that, seeing as GBM  was a failure (though I hadn't actually physically seen the thing till just a couple weeks ago, it's the most retardedly small - in a good way - thing i've ever seen).  I think it's best to release a DS redesign summer of next year, extending the DS's life cycle for another year or so, allowing time for GBNext (though I doubt we'll be seeing any more GameBoys; rather, DS-like systems with new innovations).
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 07:24:41 AM »
The GB Micro wasn't that big of an item to begin with, nor did they really make that many of them so I'm not seeing the problem here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2006, 07:42:26 AM »
I do have to say that if the Micro was priced like the SP and my current Orignal GBA, we're talking launch here, died.  Then I get a Micro.  When the cover on it is right it feels like the Original GBA.  Which is much nicer than the SP.  The Clamshell design and the Backlight are the only things going for the SP.  But then I have a DS but I find that it is a little akward and uncomfortable for different things.  I think little tweaking of the button arrangement and the rounding of the sharpers parts would be nice.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.