Author Topic: Bypassing firewalls like ZoneAlarm  (Read 2606 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Bypassing firewalls like ZoneAlarm
« on: November 24, 2005, 07:08:52 AM »
I got my Wi-Fi USB Connector in the mail yesterday!  Which was sweet because I'm Canadian and thought I heard they were only just shipping them today...I guess I got my order in fast enough...but anyway...

I got it to work, but only when I turned off ZoneAlarm, the firewall that I use.  I want to be safe and even though there is some firewall thing with the router that I have anyway, it'd be nice if it could work with ZoneAlarm on as well.

I tried making ZoneAlarm allow access to the program, but it doesn't work just by doing that.  I'm guessing there's more I must change, or else I'll just have to keep ZoneAlarm off all the time I go online with the DS...  

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Bypassing firewalls like ZoneAlarm
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 10:28:17 AM »
Dude, I've been fighting for the past hour with ZoneAlarm and the usb connector: impossible to make it work!!
I went to a bunch of message boards and no solution seems to work.
I just threw away 40 bucks...*sigh*
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline W4rn0ck

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Bypassing firewalls like ZoneAlarm
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:37:27 AM »
I don't think you tossed out 40 bucks man, you just have to disable ZoneAlarm. But...like me, Im sure you dont want to do anything on the net without some form of Firewall....so we just have to find a way to get around ZA. Of course, who knows what that will take.  
Wi-Fi DS games currently playing:
Animal Crossing: Wild World

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Bypassing firewalls like ZoneAlarm
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »
Try turning the level of protection on ZoneAlarm down to medium from high.  I read it work for some people on another forum with the same problems.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.