Author Topic: Market the Revolution: What's the slogan?  (Read 21803 times)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE: Market the Revolution: What's the slogan?
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2006, 09:52:02 PM »
Check it out:

Two kids, one a boy, one a girl, a teenage boy and their grandma sitting in the living room playing video games.

"I'm tired of playing games with this regular boring controller." - Boy

"I'm tired of playing games that are made for boys only." - Girl

"What do all those buttons do?" - Grandma

"Games were better back in the day." - Teenager

Then the Revolution controller automatically appears in all of their hands and of course they are all blown away by this amazing device. A narrator (preferably that fast talking dude who did all those Micro Machines commercials back in the day) explains the jist of the Revolution controller, says that it's so simple your grandparents could use it, and that it's still capable of playing games the regular way, then the commercial shows clips of Revolution games including Animal Crossing Revolution and Nintendogs Revolution, and then it shows the system playing classic NES games.

Then the girl asks "I bet this costs a fortune!" and the narrator replies, "Only if you consider a price under $200 a fortune!" And then they're all shocked again.

The slogan would be "A Revolution That Everyone Wants to Be Part Of."

Then the girl says "Grandma, I think your urine bag is leaking." And then they all laugh playfully as the commercial fades out.

THEN NINTENDO SELLS EIGHT HUNDRED MILLION UNITS AND PWNS EVERYONE ELSE.  

Offline Magik

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2006, 03:17:38 AM »
My slogan is simple... 'It's not the GC!'

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
RE:Market the Revolution: What's the slogan?
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2006, 03:46:02 AM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
Freedom-- with the Rage Against The Machine song of the same name blasting in the background.

Best one yet
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2006, 03:48:29 AM »
Um.....what he said ^^^

Damn (Praise) the auto-login!
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2006, 09:35:34 AM »
I just hoep whatever they come up with is better than what tehy had for Game Cube.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2006, 10:15:35 AM »

Freedom-- with the Rage Against The Machine song of the same name blasting in the background.

Best one yet

Thanks.  And it works on a number of levels-freedom from the standard controller, freedom from wired controllers-freedom from the archaic console-and what is the main aim of a Revolution?  Freedom!  The last minute of that song while kids and adults alike break the chains from the oppressors, (ie old consoles) and drag them through the streets, and walk towards the blue light while Zach screams Freedom! would bring a tear to my eye.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »
Somehow I don't think Zack would go along with it.  The rest of the band probably wouldn't mind, as they've already practically sold their souls.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2006, 12:11:32 PM »
No sh!t. When I finally found out what broke up the band, I was SO F#@KING PISSED! Zach had every right in the world to split up the band.

Anyway, as much as I hate to say it, Vudu is right. Zack would definetly be offended by something as small as a mere offer.

I'm trying to think of another band that could provide the same atmosphere that RAGE does.......I can't think of one. Is there really no song that could rival "Freedom" as the perfect song for the commercial?

.......damn I love RAGE.....
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2006, 12:17:46 PM »
Well if liberation is the theme, how about something indie? I'll think of something eventually.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2006, 01:59:09 PM »
Well, to be honest, The Clash were on about the same plain as Rage, and they are featured upon every stinking commercial and every film soundtrack.  Plus the other members of the band may have the right ...meaning we don't know how the song rights shook out after the break up.  Writing the lyrics to a song does not actually mean you own it.

I could make the commercial myself, actually.....maybe I will.  I just got my new Panasonic camera anyway.

Death or Glory and I'm So Bored With The USA would be good Clash songs to use.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2006, 02:35:33 PM »
Something really patriotic like those old WWII reels.  Fighting for Uncle Sam and the like with the Rev controller and the perfect doll look.

lol

It be great.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2006, 04:50:25 PM »
Yeah...I've fallen in love with Arm Yourself.  I mean that's nearly badass on Mr. Eko levels.

"The Revolution is coming.  Arm Yourself."
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2006, 05:42:27 AM »
Saxon Shore - Revolution Will Be Streaming

Kick-ass instrumental. The title is of course a subtle reference to their system.  Should be the primary song in commercials. (Credit to WOXY for that one.)
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2006, 08:27:36 AM »

Plus the other members of the band may have the right ...meaning we don't know how the song rights shook out after the break up. Writing the lyrics to a song does not actually mean you own it.
I assume all members of the band have equal rights to the song.  But generally, all four would have to agree in order to do anything with it, i.e. no commercials unless everyone says it's okay.  Sorta like the situation with The Doors and car commercials.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2006, 08:53:47 AM »

Well, to be honest, The Clash were on about the same plain as Rage, and they are featured upon every stinking commercial and every film soundtrack.  Plus the other members of the band may have the right ...meaning we don't know how the song rights shook out after the break up.  Writing the lyrics to a song does not actually mean you own it.

I could make the commercial myself, actually.....maybe I will.  I just got my new Panasonic camera anyway.

Death or Glory and I'm So Bored With The USA would be good Clash songs to use.

I'd go with "Complete Control" if Nintendo was using a Clash song. Not only is it a rockin' tune, the title is more then apt when it comes to the Revolution.

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »
You say you want a Revolution, oh, oh, well , you know?  You need to put $199 down, yeah , eh and wait till we come around, yeah, eh, ......

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
I'll film the commercial if anyone wants to help out/star in it...you'll have to travel to the NJ.  

Could be a nice underground momentum shift for the Rev.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »
As much fun as that sounds, I live in Indiana.....so.....ya
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer