Author Topic: GBA... or DS?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Boochi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GBA... or DS?
« on: November 25, 2004, 02:12:25 PM »
I don't own a GBA or SP. There's a few GBA games I want tho... and I'm interested now in a few games. And after thinking it over, I'm going to buy the whole handheld dealy... but which one? The DS plays GBA games, but should I get the DS or just go with the old SP? Because if I got the DS, I could play DS games too... but I'm not sure if it's a wise decision.

DS owners, any comments?

Offline archaeopteryx

• View Profile
RE:GBA... or DS?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 04:08:17 PM »
If you are concerned about cash, buy a GBA. If you have the cash, there is no reason not to get a DS. Very pimp little system.. Heck Id get it even without the cash to spare :-P

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE: GBA... or DS?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 04:39:40 PM »
SP -
Hundreds of games to pick from
Smaller
Less Costly
Can connect to Cube
Can play GB and GBC games

DS -
Overall just a better system

I might add that the DS is in neon flashing lights here.  Now pick.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 05:06:28 PM »
The DS is the future of handheld gaming. Go with it and you go wherever the future goes...good or bad. If you go with the SP you KNOW you will have a good library of games to play. But you won't be on the cutting edge like you would be if you had a DS.

I'd go with the DS. It's not THAT much more and if the DS bombs (already a success) you'll still have a really cool looking GBA with two screens!

Offline Procession

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 05:10:02 PM »
I'd say go for the GBA - just over half the price, and the games seem more compelling. This holiday season there's a new Zelda, GTA, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy I + II, Boktai II, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, a new F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country 2, Metal Slug Advance and that's just the start of it. Of course, there's some gems already out there that you should get stuck into if you haven't yet, such as the Golden Sun series, the Pokemon series and the Advance Wars series.

Compare this to the DS, with about 5 games out and the flagship launch title being a rehash of Super Mario 64, I'd say go for a GBA.

Looks like Nintendo's biggest competition to the DS isn't the PSP, but the GBA.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 11:32:50 PM »
Honestly, while the GBA SP is cheaper, why bother now? Save up the extra cash and go for the DS. You'll be able to play all those GBA games on a better screen and look foward to years of new games (well, unless PSP totally destroys it ).  

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 08:19:36 AM »
DS plays GBA games.  No one plays multiplayer gba games.  DS wins.  if you want wait till march when the price will drop to compete with PSP, or May for E3 buzz.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 06:32:50 PM »
Or BUY IT NOW.  ^_^  No, really, it's worth it...sure, Feel the Magic and Super Mario are pretty much the only games worth buying (I am looking forward to Urbz, though) right now, but just look at those game lists to see what's coming...you like Harvest Moon?  We've got it.  You like Kirby?  We've got it.  You like Wario Ware?  Got that too.  You like just about every other game franchise in existence?  Yep, that too.  :-P

I wonder if we'll see a GTA DS?  Hmmm...TOUCH SCREEN SEX I SAY, TOUCH SCREEN SEX.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42