Author Topic: LEGO Dimensions Announced For Wii U  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
LEGO Dimensions Announced For Wii U
« on: April 09, 2015, 04:42:00 AM »

Some assembly required for your third portal.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40057/lego-dimensions-announced-for-wii-u

WB Games has announced their entry into the toys-to-life genre with LEGO Dimensions.

Releasing on Wii U on September 27 for the US and 29th for Europe, the game will use characters from The LEGO Movie, Batman, Lord of the Rings and even The Wizard of Oz in an open world adventure title. The starter pack will come with Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle (from The LEGO Movie) as well as a portal made of actual LEGO that has to be built by the owner.

The starter pack has a list price of $99, character "Fun Packs" are $14.99 and a Back to the Future stage pack is $29.99. You can check out a trailer for the game below:

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Dimensions Announced For Wii U
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:57:20 AM »
Wyldstyle. Not Wyldfire. ;)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »
$100 for the starter edition of a game. No. Just...no.  I'm a big fan of many of the properties they listed, but I'm pretty much over the whole "toys to life" thing and the pricing is ridiculous. This is something we should've seen 4-5 years ago.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:05:44 AM »
How long is it before the toys to life thing becomes this generation's Guitar Hero/Rock Band?  Seems like it's only a matter of time with how the number of releases is getting out of control and the games don't seem to be changing that much, plus all of the space all this stuff takes up...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:13:02 AM »
Lego has always, ALWAYS been expensive.

However, I have to admit that this set *Could* be great.  If they could make bricks with an individual ID that would allow you to build any object you wanted and then bring it to life then that would be incredible.  I wouldn't even care about getting the physics right, because when you play with Lego as a kid you never cared about physics.

Assign certain blocks special abilities like Wheels roll,Engines blast off, and you could allow vehicle creation.

This could also be used with special items to create new weapons, or even characters.  However, something tells me this first generation will not be that special.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »
$100? Is somebody trying to turn the Toys to Life market into the next Plastic Musical Instrument crash?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 01:58:05 AM »
It depends how much of a game exists for $100.00.  After all, you are supposedly getting a full game $59.99.  A Lego building set $15.99~19.99.  And you are investing in "new technology" so that adds more to the price...and then the Lego brand name, adds to the cost.

As I said,  This has the potentially to be REALLY, REALLY cool...or extremely lame.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
I don't know why, but this is where I draw the line and am done with the portal games.  My wife LOVES Skylanders (I have fun with it too), I've picked-up a Few Amiibo that have caught my interest purely from them being interesting to me (Marth, Villager, Sonic, Megaman, Toon Link), and I've already avoided infinity.

Lego has an opportunity to be interesting from the licensing cross-over appeal, but i'm burnt out.  Was funny to see Joel McHale do terrible acting in the trailer for this, though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
Never got into Skylanders and Infinity. This is a very appealing option for me. Though the pricing... I'd rather buy full Lego sets like I currently do from time to time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline geckog7

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »
Woo Hoo! When was the last third party retail release for Wii U?

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 09:42:17 PM »
I have never tried any of the toys to life games, besides a couple of Amiibo for Smash bros out of curiosity. But I am actually interested in this. I am curious if it is exclusive to Wii U or if there will be other versions available. I am assuming it won't be exclusive but it has been confirmed for Wii U at least?
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
Other sites are reporting it as a multi-platform release. Would be cool to get some Lego City Undercover exclusive stuff for Wii U since Nintendo helped publish it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »
In addition to the Wii U, it's coming to PS3, 360, and two other consoles. However, that's beyond the scope of the site, so...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.