Author Topic: Epic uses for the Wii U gamepad! (mockups and concepts)  (Read 17068 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Epic uses for the Wii U gamepad! (mockups and concepts)
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »
my post skipped over because i didn't include pictures, confirmed :p
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ianjh06

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »

Doesn't take long to edit the template, just download the images you want and copy/paste them :) a picture is worth a thousand words and no one really wants to read that many words on these forums.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »

Doesn't take long to edit the template, just download the images you want and copy/paste them :) a picture is worth a thousand words and no one really wants to read that many words on these forums.

For shame, people don't want to read on a forum. I was joking about my post being skipped over, but if I have to defend it I'll say my post was no longer than some of the reviews on this site and those get read too, so I don't think that's the case.

Honestly I just get excited when I come up with something and can get pretty long winded about it. I should just edit my post down but when I'm in the moment I like to be as detailed as possible; and yes, a picture is worth a thousand words but with the type of ideas I'm discussing, an explanation is necessary because it wouldn't necessarily be clear with just a picture.

Maybe one day I'll get around to it, maybe I won't. Hopefully one day I'll just dig up this post after it's been done in a game, claim that Ninty stole my ideas and then die mysteriously to never be heard of again and the forum shares rumors that I was taken out be Nintendo's ninja's...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »
I want to bring this thread back because it was a good one.

EC: I could see your idea working in a RTS better than I can in a racer. One person would be responsible for the actually fighting, while the other would be responsible for repair and defense. The both of you would be involved in the overall strategy.

In a game like that, you could have the two people responsible for repair and defense fight each other through their partners. For example, you could equip your teammate with a devastating bomb that allows no repairs for a few minutes, but of course it has to land. You could also control espionage members who sabotage or gain intel, allowing you to disrupt repair or quickly repair your own crew/defenses. All the while, your teammate is duking it out, trying to destroy the other teams army/fleet/armada.

Doing the repairs would require resource allocation and research with the most devastating attacks requiring a full control over your defenses; maybe maneuvering them, or fortifying them and taking control of the guns.

----------------------------------------------

I thought of an idea that would use a peripheral, a series of blocks. These blocks could be stacked in any arrangement. They would be different colors as well to allow for different attributes.

How it would work. Well on the screen you have a character trying to get some where. On your Gamepad, you have your camera. On the table, you have your blocks.

You see your character and the end goal. You take your blocks and build them in the correct formation, utilizing the different colors which allow for different attributes, and then observe it with your Gamepad camera, digitizing them.

Your character is always moving like Lemmings. So if you fail, he/she/it dies.

It would be hard to make it work, but it could bring the family together.
black fairy tales are better at sports

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 04:20:40 PM »
if Nintendo did that Super Mario Bros. one from that post with all the pictures Wii U would be selling out.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 11:10:45 AM »
Thank you so very much for getting me excited for Unreal Tournament 4 on the Wii U

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go cry in the shower for a few hours

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
You should have cried yourself to death way earlier than that, back when Unreal Tournament 3 was released.

Epic doesn't give a hoot about UT anymore.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
I busted out ALL the photoshop for this one guys

Wouldnt it be cool to see the insides of the machines too? Moving the gamepad left or right would let you look behind you, a feature from FZX that needs a comeback. As your machine is damaged more cracks on the windshield appear and spread, gauges and other stuff on your machine's console start going crazy, etc
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:00:08 PM by the asylum »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 11:43:58 PM »
^ I like that, if only because I want to see a new F-Zero.

DO IT NINTENDO! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR! I'll settle for an F-Zero X HD remake

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:54 AM »
You know what'd be even better than that?  Instead of the cockpit and controls and all, if there was just a giant button that is the horn.  That'd be amazing.

:D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.