Author Topic: First Character From Smash Bros Challenger Pack 2 Reveal Is A Stretch  (Read 2138 times)

Offline riskman64

• Score: 6
    • View Profile

We know they're from ARMS, and ARMS gets a free trial to celebrate

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/53300/first-character-from-smash-bros-challenger-pack-2-reveal-is-a-stretch

This June will bring the announcement of a new DLC fighter to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and it's going to be a character from first-party fighting game ARMS. Today's Nintendo Direct presentation revealed that the new character will be someone from ARMS, but no further information was provided. At the very least, we now have a little bit more detail to narrow down all those guesses about who's getting the next invitations, and we'll only have to wait a few months for final confirmation.

Also announced today was a free trial of ARMS. It's exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online members and available to play between March 26 (9:00am PT) and April 6th (11:59pm PT). If you haven't tried ARMS yet, now is a great time to see what all the stretching is about, and the free trial is for the full game.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: First Character From Smash Bros Challenger Pack 2 Reveal Is A Stretch
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »
Nintendo: "Yeah, we know no one's going to get excited for this one, so we just thought we'd warn you ahead of time that the next Smash character is from ARMS."
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 02:29:54 PM »
Nintendo: "Yeah, we know no one's going to get excited for this one, so we just thought we'd warn you ahead of time that the next Smash character is from ARMS."

If it's Twintelle or Min Min they'll be a lot of excitement.  Both characters have an insane amount of fan art that dwarfs the rest of the ARMS cast by far.  Plus the ARMS gameplay opens up a very unique moveset to draw from, so even casual Smash fans will be very interested if the characters done right.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »
I’m guessing Ribbon Girl. Should be Twintelle though.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 02:57:04 PM »
I thought it'd either be Min Min or Spring Man with Ribbon Girl as an alt.  I think it'll be Min Min, but who knows with Sakurai.  He might throw half that roster on there.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 03:41:15 PM »
There's speculation right now that it could be a large portion of the roster included as skins over the "main" character ala Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. But I do think Min Min would be the most likely especially since there was some poll / Arms tourney that she won last year that Nintendo was running.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »

If it's Twintelle or Min Min they'll be a lot of excitement.  Both characters have an insane amount of fan art that dwarfs the rest of the ARMS cast by far.  Plus the ARMS gameplay opens up a very unique moveset to draw from, so even casual Smash fans will be very interested if the characters done right.

Yeah, I know. I just think it's very telling that Nintendo went out of their way to avoid a repeat of the Byleth reveal by letting them know not to expect an amazing next DLC character.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 10:49:59 PM »
I know I'm boring but I would personally choose Spring Man meself, that was my fave in the game. He's already an assist trophy though so I guess that probably won't happen.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
There's speculation right now that it could be a large portion of the roster included as skins over the "main" character ala Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. But I do think Min Min would be the most likely especially since there was some poll / Arms tourney that she won last year that Nintendo was running.

That actually makes a lot of sense.  There's at least 8 characters that could use the same/similar models.  I think it'd eliminate heavies like Master Mummy or Max Brass and other types like Byte and Barq, but that's probably fine.  However, because Twintelle's fists come from her hair, her might would probably need to be different, so it could eliminate her, which would be the worst case scenario.  But then again, I don't think Sakurai has ever had an idea that wasn't "just crazy enough to work".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.