Author Topic: This Zoonami Exclusive Game  (Read 10840 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
This Zoonami Exclusive Game
« on: February 05, 2003, 05:08:55 PM »
I remember reading about a week or 2 back (possibly on ign) that Zoonami is working on an exclusive game for gamecube which could possibly involve a new nintendo franchise.  This seems to me like Nintendo has the goldeneye people working on a new Nintendo Exclusive first person shooter franchise.  Its basically the only genre nintendo doesn't have covered anymore because of the loss of rare.  It all seems to make sense to me, and I bet it will be pretty damn sweet if it is true.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline "Sky"

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 05:23:04 PM »
Straight from Zoonami's website:
http://www.zoonami.com/rumours.html

Rumour 2: the GoldenEye 007 clone
Well, not so much rumour as wishful thinking. We receive lots of e-mail along the lines of "please please please please PLEASE make another GoldenEye 007!". But as "Ed's rumour report" on IGN said:

"Zoonami is not working on another GoldenEye. In truth, the company likely isn't even working on another first-person shooter. But whatever is coming from the England based studio, you can bet that it's going to be original."

BTW, the only person at Zoonami who worked on Goldeneye is Martin Hollis, former head of software development at Rare.  

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 05:29:45 PM »
Zoonami definitely has something up their sleeve. But who knows what it is. E3 2003 is when we’ll probably find out what they’re up to.  
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 05:38:26 PM »
All we know is that it's some science fiction game... that's all the info. I expect it to be shown at E3 2003 earliest though

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 05:55:24 PM »
There is a very vague HINT at zoonami's website about the project that they are working on, i have a gut feeling something very special is on the horizon.......

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 08:55:26 PM »
You mean other than the fact its being made by ex-Rare developers. It will warrent attention I will say that.  And will almost definatly have more information on it soon since E3 is coming up.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 09:24:57 PM »
The best thing on the hint for the Game Zero is

"There will be no tedious ______, _______, or ________"

I hope one of those blanks is collecting.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 09:55:52 PM »
There will be no tedious collecting, backtracking, or repetition"

Offline epicac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 10:18:49 PM »
The 'rumours' page tells us that they're definitely NOT working on a FPS or a racing game (unless they openly lied about it). How can a game developer keep their work so secret? Someone in England needs to find Zoonami's place of business and go look in the window. It seems like it'd be difficult to keep the development of an entire GC-caliber game a complete mystery.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 01:07:16 AM »
If it isn't an FPS or a racing game, perhaps a new adventure game?  I really wouldn't mind seeing of of those with "no tedious collecting, backtracking, or repetition" .

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 01:56:20 AM »
Uglydot, that would 0wn .... kinda like Banjo Kazooie but without all that accursed collecting. And of course, set in what appears to be a game in space.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Rellik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 02:09:51 AM »
Am I the only one that  doesn't have time to care about these new games?  I mean, it may be great and all, but... there's Zelda, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur II, F-Zero.... anyway, I probably will be missing out on F-Zero anyway, so...

Oh well.

Who would want another Goldeneye?  I mean, another, nother, NOTHER Goldeneye.  Just take Perfect Dark, which I've heard was better, and TimeSplitters 2, which I can confirm is better in most ways.  These are both close enough to Goldeneye; but that's IMO.

How about hoping for a genre not already covered well enough?  Adventure is covered; Racing will be covered soon; FPS is covered; RPG is... well, not covered enough, but I'd rather leave most RPG's to Square/Enix and Sega; what about Puzzle?  I think a puzzle game is what's really needed, although that would have no effect on what they're actually making.  You know, a NEW, INNOVATIVE, ADDICTIVE, MIND-BENDING, puzzle game.  Makes you think, but also involves action, and doesn't get tedious, and things vary from match to match.  I probably wouldn't get it anyway, but still, I think we Cubers need a new, effective, puzzle game.

Offline dogcow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 02:34:53 AM »
I'd be interested to know what's that, I believe it should be pretty good, after all it looks Nintendo already know about the project and doesn't mind being associated with it. When was the last time Nintendo was being remotely associated with bad game?  

Also acording to Zoonami's webpage it's not another Goldeneye .... (not shooter or racer)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 05:22:52 AM »
It's gonna be an adventure game. Definitely.
Racer? No. Shooter? No. Nintendo supported? Yes.
Then it's an adventure game.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline tmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 08:26:23 AM »

Yeah - we don't need another new Goldeneye.  Timsplitters is the new Goldeneye.  It's obvious that Free Radical has the ability to take on the First Person shooter.  TS2 isn't as refined as Perfect Dark maybe - but they also didn't get to unreasonably delay it for two years like Perfect Dark was.  Give free radical a little more time and I think we will have a perfect First Person shooter.

I really wish there was some kind of hint as to what Zoonami was making.  I'm pretty sure it is NOT a Nintendo Franchise - it just doesn't seem right.

I don't even know where to begin speculating about what it IS though.

Offline epicac

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2003, 09:17:17 AM »

STORY: ...a small planet...strange...telescope...It looks as though...device...But the...a planet...entombed...

Just going from the clues they left us it definitely seems like a Sci-Fi style game. Most terrestrial bound games don't make reference to small planets and telescopes, so I expect space travel.  

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2003, 11:01:39 PM »

You know, a NEW, INNOVATIVE, ADDICTIVE, MIND-BENDING, puzzle game. Makes you think, but also involves action, and doesn't get tedious, and things vary from match to match.

Yeah, and they could call it Pikmin! Brilliant!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2003, 04:40:24 AM »

How can a game developer keep their work so secret? Someone in England needs to find Zoonami's place of business and go look in the window.

well, their like 7 people, the might still live with their parents and work in a cave, certainly not easy to track progress on Zoonami work
LZ 2005

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2003, 10:45:35 AM »
you would think that the game would have a scifi feel to it but the company is just so damn secretive
it probably has nothing to do with scifi at all..............they could be misleading us
all i care about is that the game is fun
i call the big one bitey.

Offline godwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2003, 10:59:48 AM »
Whatever it is I hope it is something special. Silicon Knights has raised the bar with Eternal Darkness as far as originality is concerned. I expect no less

Offline SriramSiv

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2003, 12:04:51 PM »
Im sure that on the website it said they employed 2 ex-rare employees and there were something like 20 people working there now. It also said that they are based in cambridge which is coincidental because thats where i live.
If they are creating a new franchise with Nintendo then this could be anther small company bought to greatness by Nintendo, just like Rare.

Offline bobdamonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2003, 12:17:16 PM »

Someone in England needs to find Zoonami's place of business and go look in the window.

Actually I live in the city that they're stationed in (cambridge). Im tryin to get in there for my two weeks work experience, so I'll tell you if i get in

Whoah Siv, both of us live in the same place as them? Weird coincidence........ maybe we're entering the twilight zone......

*hums the theme to twilight zone*
I'm anything but a flamer. This includes (but is not limited to) sugar coated, purple, and greatly disturbed.