Author Topic: Sephiroth To Super Nova Smash Ultimate Starting Today, Full Rollout December 22  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Along with a new yet old Mii costume.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/55808/sephiroth-to-super-nova-smash-ultimate-starting-today-full-rollout-december-22

The One Winged Angel has begun final descent into Smash Ultimate.

Super Smash Bros. series producer Masahiro Sakurai showed off the villain of Final Fantasy 7 in a live stream earlier today, and confirmed he would be arriving in the game for Fighters Pass 2 holders or owners of the DLC December 22. His stage will be the Northern Crater, site of FF7's climactic battle, and his Final Smash will be the planet-destroying Supernova.

Starting today, players will be able to battle in a "Sephiroth Challenge" until the 22nd: defeating Sephiroth will unlock him early.

The Mii costumes coming with Sephiroth will be Barrett, Tifa, and Aerith from FF7 (without fixed hair styles), a Chocobo hat, and the returning Geno Mii costume.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Sephiroth’s splash image should have been “Sephiroth Gives You This Pear”. Honestly, I’m disappointed.

I’m going to presume the Geno Mii costume disqualifies the character as one of the last three DLC fighters.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think that's a safe assumption. I think Mii costumes are Sakurai's way of implementing characters who didn't make the cut.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I think that's a safe assumption. I think Mii costumes are Sakurai's way of implementing characters who didn't make the cut.

There's no Waluigi costume so there's still hope!

When the announcer stated "everyone is here" I genuinely though it was a reference to the Waluigi memes where he's left in the mud while that is being chanted.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

There's no Waluigi costume so there's still hope!

I mean, there could be.  But I think Waluigi has been left out of the pool since he was confirmed as an assist trophy.  But it would make for the "ultimate" troll to have Waluigi as the final DLC character.  The trailer alone would be crazy.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
The big news for me is we got more then 2 songs this time, and some are new remixes as well. 

Of course the Geno news is certainly a big one as well but not too surprising.  When Sakurai said Nintendo gave him the choices for DLC, that kind of hurt his chances.  The last 3 are probably going to be from famous third party characters, or from more recent Nintendo titles.  Poor Geno certainly had a lot of support online, but I imagine Nintendo wants characters that the general public has either heard about or someone who might introduce them to a current Nintendo franchise like ARMS which they're still selling at full price.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai