Author Topic: Episode 704: Paid CeX Acts  (Read 1393 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 704: Paid CeX Acts
« on: January 10, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »

The mark-up is unbelievable.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/55916/episode-704-paid-cex-acts

Oh, why hello. I didn't see you there.

It's been a while; how was your holiday?

Me? It was great.

Oh! You're here to hear about the show? Sorry, I forgot what we use this space for. It's been so long.

I start with... What? Yes, I am the podcast, and I suppose that makes this article something of an autobiography.

I start with Listener Mail. This week's questions include: CEX selling "used" PS5s, retirement of digital shops, and opening a theme park during COVID. You can send your questions to me.

After a quick break, it was time for New Business. James wasted everyone's time talking about Robotics Notes; Elite, a visual novel that is of interest to literally nobody but him. Greg has been playing Panzer Paladin, a retro-styled action-platformer about a power armor with a sword. Jon and Guillaume have differing opinions of Hades. Lastly, Gui is playing Halo: Master Chief Collecton and Carto. One is a game about maps, the other is a game about a big dumb ring.

Alright, I'm going back to sleep. See you next week!

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 704: Paid CeX Acts
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 01:11:58 PM »
So did Jon have his copy of Monster Monpiece on his Vita when the store was turned off?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:57:53 PM »
If Gui is still playing Halo 1, I suggest changing the graphics back to the original instead of the remaster. Technically it looks worse, but the original art style is better. Everything in the Remastered graphics is is just metal, as Gui mentioned at one point.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 02:22:52 PM »
I considered changing the graphics to the old style but Karen doesn't seem to be a fan, so I didn't push it. Even though she assures me she's enjoying it, I can't shake the feeling that she's humoring me.

Playing with the original style wouldn't fix the dumb script anyhow.