Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186275 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3200 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
State of the Union - 10/10
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 21, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
State of the Union - 10/10

"I won both of them" :: drops mic ::

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 21, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »
While I loved that part, and I really did -it was the moment of the night- it does seem to undermine his "less petty, more substance" appeal to congress.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 21, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »
Just when you think you have figured out Person of Interest it throws you another curve ball. They really don't make shows like this with so much moral ambiguity. Multi-dimensional, multi-faceted characters who you hate yet have redeeming elements or love in spite of the numerous flaws that should make them a villain. It is a amazingly coherent show even with all its complexity and moving parts. While mysteries are abound, there are just as many answers.

Not only is this show the anti-JJ, it raises the bar for everyone else. I am not sure if POI has ever had a bad episode which should be impossible. May the impossible continue.

Northern Lights and Samaritan is the ultimate character - the unending plot device, source of mystery and constant development.

The sad thing is its procedural shell - and being on CBS - has thrown people off pretty hard. It started as a police procedural, then quickly evolved into the introduction of artificial intelligence in the use of national security and domestic terrorism.

I'm still waiting for any other show to even attempt something as ambitious post-Fringe but totally nail it (unlike Fringe, in parts).

Also, oohhboy note that JJ has *absolutely nothing* to do with Person of Interest. It's his production company and he gets an exec producer credit. That's all. Jonah Nolan (brother of Chris Nolan) is the force behind it. If Interstellar was expanded into a series instead, this is the potential.

The Flash, meanwhile, is having far too much fun with its format. Knowingly cheesy and very well balanced through its serialised elements and recurring characters and personal lives. More please.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 21, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »
I know that JJ company just funds, its why I made a note of it. POI looks at what JJ has done and says, **** that, we can do far better.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 21, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »
Just when you think you have figured out Person of Interest it throws you another curve ball. They really don't make shows like this with so much moral ambiguity. Multi-dimensional, multi-faceted characters who you hate yet have redeeming elements or love in spite of the numerous flaws that should make them a villain. It is a amazingly coherent show even with all its complexity and moving parts. While mysteries are abound, there are just as many answers.

Not only is this show the anti-JJ, it raises the bar for everyone else. I am not sure if POI has ever had a bad episode which should be impossible. May the impossible continue.

There are plenty of shows like that, but they're usually almost exclusively on cable. To get this on a network, and CBS no less, is remarkable.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 24, 2015, 07:15:36 AM »
Finally caught up to the latest episodes of POI and it is wonderful. This show is really, really good and I would universally recommend it to everyone.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 24, 2015, 09:17:08 AM »
Wish there was a good way to watch all of it legally on Prime, Netflix, or Hulu.  Would really like to but I want to start from the beginning.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 24, 2015, 11:08:51 AM »
Wish there was a good way to watch all of it legally on Prime, Netflix, or Hulu.  Would really like to but I want to start from the beginning.

Get a UK VPN - i know season 1 and 2 at least are here.

« Reply #3209 on: January 24, 2015, 06:29:56 PM »
so I been watching Friends on Netflix, shut up I like it, and its the syndicated versions of the episodes not the ones that are on the DVD's. I hate this why did I sell my DVD's Netflix is stupid.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: January 28, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
Man, I hope all comedy writers and showrunners are watching the last season of Parks and Recreation. This is how you do a final season. The idea to jump ahead into the future is one of the best decisions I can think of in order to keep things fresh. It allows them to put all these characters in new concepts and places and find new things to do with them. As well as make jokes about the possible future.

I'm surprised the land situation seems to be wrapped up before we've even gotten to the middle of the season. Especially as it was a rather interesting and more difficult situation to solve than Leslie has normally faced. Of course, there could be some more obstacles on it yet but if the writers were willing to wrap up that storyline so quickly, I wonder what they might have planned for the rest of the season that they want to move on to.

Hopefully, it involves another session of The Perdple's Court. And where's Jean-Ralphio? What's happened to him during these years and his sister who is THE WOOOOOOORRRRRSSSSTTTTTT? After a middling season 6, this show is back on top again with energy and inventiveness that made it such a top comedy for so long.

The only disappointment I have is not having flashbacks showing how terrible Jon Hamm's character was at his job to be worse than Terry. It was an idea they floated around at the end of last season and when this season began, Jon Hamm made another cameo at the start, I was hopeful that they went through with that idea but they deem to have decided on no flashbacks at all. Oh well.

It's just nice to have Parks and Recreation as my number one show to watch each week again.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:02:55 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #3211 on: January 29, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »
watched first episode of Agent Carter, not what I expected think I will pass on this. Also watched America: The Story of US on Netflix, it started out pretty strong and fizzled towards the end. I liked it but it didn't live up to the hype.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 29, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
watched first episode of Agent Carter, not what I expected think I will pass on this. Also watched America: The Story of US on Netflix, it started out pretty strong and fizzled towards the end. I liked it but it didn't live up to the hype.

as a Marvel fan, I would suggest waiting another 2 weeks, and then Marathon them right up to the AoS start in beginning of March. Just incase there is an actual tie-in to AoS, AoU or any other MCU related show/movie.

« Reply #3213 on: January 30, 2015, 04:47:03 PM »

as a Marvel fan, I would suggest waiting another 2 weeks, and then Marathon them right up to the AoS start in beginning of March. Just incase there is an actual tie-in to AoS, AoU or any other MCU related show/movie.

I will give it a couple more episodes but I want to get through Season One of Shield before I  watch anything else new. I am up to episode 8 and its getting much better than it started out as. I really like the two British scientists, which means they will probably get killed off before too long thats how my luck always is with these shows.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 30, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »

I will give it a couple more episodes but I want to get through Season One of Shield before I  watch anything else new. I am up to episode 8 and its getting much better than it started out as. I really like the two British scientists, which means they will probably get killed off before too long thats how my luck always is with these shows.

FitzSimmons.... or rather Fitz and Simmons.
and yes, the show gets better in the second half, so keep pushing though them.
The 2nd season has been nothing but good episodes so far, and a HUGE improvement over what you've seen so far in S1, and a nice improvement still over what you are about to see leading up to the end of S1.

« Reply #3215 on: February 04, 2015, 01:30:27 AM »
I don't know if its life changes, me getting older, or just school has me burned out but nothing has been any good lately. I didn't care for the last two episodes of Gotham and am starting to get bored with that. I couldn't bring myself to watch Agent Carter again, and I already am losing interest in Agents of Shield. I gave up on Arrow and Flash earlier this season and I am not even slightly interested in Walking Dead at all anymore.

I didn't even really enjoy the current Last man Standing, a show I typically love. But I did see a preview for two new shows I am interested in that I hope will turn out to be okay. The first is that new Fresh off the boat, it looks like it could be funny. The other show I already forgot the name I will have to check the DVR and see if I can find that commercial again I think I saw the preview for it during either Gotham or Last Man Standing so it could be Fox or ABC.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: February 04, 2015, 02:33:50 AM »
Try a more mature show.

Watch:
The Wire
The Shield
The Good Wife
Breaking Bad

Or take a break from TV shows and catch up on movies instead. Lots of TV shows are much better when you can just marathon through seasons of them in short periods of time.

Everything listed above will give you at least 4-5 good seasons to run through. The only one still airing is The Good Wife in its 6th season.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: February 04, 2015, 03:10:07 AM »
Try a more mature show.

Watch:
The Wire
The Shield
The Good Wife
Breaking Bad

Or take a break from TV shows and catch up on reading instead.

FTFy

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: February 05, 2015, 02:09:13 AM »
OMG @ It's Always Sunny tonite.  Charlie's Work was fucking HILARIOUS.

the last 2 episodes before that (especially ep 2) was also pretty funny, so this season is off to a really good start. But tonites episode had me fucking rollin. Charlie is like the idiot genius working his magic with his idiot crew, and you don't even know how incredible it is until the whole thing is over.

I'm still laughing just thinking about some of the **** that went down in this episode. I'm not even gonna put anything in spoilers, because I'd rather you go in blind. Just go watch it. now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: February 05, 2015, 09:33:40 AM »
The Tonight Show - Infinity/10 because of this:

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: February 05, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »
OMG @ It's Always Sunny tonite.  Charlie's Work was fucking HILARIOUS

That was a perfect episode. I wasn't laughing the entire time, but I was excited and just plain interested in every scene. One of the best things I've seen on TV.

Funniest part is Dennis sweating profusely behind the bar, anxiously saying "Alright, alright, alright" one last time.

Either that or Charlie calling Dee a bitch.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:04:28 PM by Hypotheliciously »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: February 05, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »

That was a perfect episode. I wasn't laughing the entire time, but I was excited and just plain interested in every scene. One of the best things I've seen on TV.

Funniest part is Dennis sweating profusely behind the bar, anxiously saying "Alright, alright, alright" one last time.

both of those, and Frank painted black in the basement with the little flute doing the sounds for the carbon monoxide detector.

and then the pay off at the end as to why he kept slamming the bar stool. "that's how you make a joke stool".

it was all just so good.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: February 06, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »
It suddenly dawned on me about Person of Interest a key question was being asked quietly: what happens when an invisible superhero goes up against an invisible supervillain?

And what will happen when Root goes on her inevitable yet still sexy dual-gun wielding emotion fueled rampage?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:17 PM »
It suddenly dawned on me about Person of Interest a key question was being asked quietly: what happens when an invisible superhero goes up against an invisible supervillain?

And what will happen when Root goes on her inevitable yet still sexy dual-gun wielding emotion fueled rampage?
Awesomeness that what. Also very, very very scary.

If they ever went head to head there will be a lot of collateral damage. Its the most likely reason that The Machine didn't seek out and engage by itself when it had the chance. The Machine doesn't really do sacrificial moves with innocents.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: February 07, 2015, 12:02:21 AM »

both of those, and Frank painted black in the basement with the little flute doing the sounds for the carbon monoxide detector.

and then the pay off at the end as to why he kept slamming the bar stool. "that's how you make a joke stool".

it was all just so good.

I think this is one of their best written episodes, or at least it took a lot of planning. It was fun to watch from beginning to end.