Author Topic: The Godfather  (Read 29236 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The Godfather
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2007, 09:31:32 AM »
You guys, don't forget that it came out on the 21st of March. That means it had either 4 or 11 days on sale for that period, so that's pretty good. I'd imagine if they can sell a total of 35-50,000 by the end of its lifetime they'll be happy. Most important, though, is that the PS3 version didn't outsell it significantly. That's all that matters.

ETA: VGChartz says that the PS3 version has now sold just under 40,000 by April 22 with the Wii version having sold 22,000 by April 1st. The Wii version isn't on their charts after that (top 50) but the PS3 version wasn't on the April 1st chart so who knows? It does say that the Wii version outsold the PS3 version in their first week.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:The Godfather
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2007, 03:57:21 AM »
I think the game already had a little bit of the "been there, done that" feeling about it.  A lot of the people I talk to have already tried it on either PS2 or the 360.  

It really deserves to be played on the Wii based on the controls alone.

NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2007, 05:47:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
You guys, don't forget that it came out on the 21st of March. That means it had either 4 or 11 days on sale for that period, so that's pretty good. I'd imagine if they can sell a total of 35-50,000 by the end of its lifetime they'll be happy. Most important, though, is that the PS3 version didn't outsell it significantly. That's all that matters.

ETA: VGChartz says that the PS3 version has now sold just under 40,000 by April 22 with the Wii version having sold 22,000 by April 1st. The Wii version isn't on their charts after that (top 50) but the PS3 version wasn't on the April 1st chart so who knows? It does say that the Wii version outsold the PS3 version in their first week.

If you register for an account, you can view the Top 200...The Wii's "Blackhand Edition" is sitting at #140 and has sold a total of 32,578 through the week ending April 29, 2007.

140   The Godfather: Backhand Edition   EA   1,819   32,578

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2007, 06:28:08 AM »
Godfather: Flophand Edition
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Suntop

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
Bought Blackhand a bit after launch and I love it. Graphics a bit on the dull side but the controls make up for it.

If you are at all interested in this game you should pick it up or atleast rent it.

EA has actually stepped up to the plate with some of the games they make. A lot more then I can say for some developers cough:Ubisoft:cough

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Godfather: Flophand Edition

At least of made more money than the PS3 version :p .

Speaking of which, I saw no commercials for either versions. EA had commercials everywhere when the PS2 version was released., yet for the PS3 and Wii version they didn't do a thing.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2007, 10:46:33 AM »
Just bought the game...loving it!

Haven't played to much into it, I still need to beat Super Paper Mario, can't get sidetracked.

But the controls are pretty awesome. I remember when I opened my first door and "Why couldn't elebits have made it that easy?!"

The running around and shooting controls are great, the grab move are fun. I love it...go buy (or at least rent) it!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »

Haven't played to much into it, I still need to beat Super Paper Mario, can't get sidetracked.

Donutt007 that makes no sense.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2007, 09:50:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

Donutt007 that makes no sense.

Ummm, it doesn't? Let me try again.

I recently purchased the game "Godfather: Blackhand Edition" for the Nintendo Wii gaming console.

I have played through some of it and so far I am enjoying it very much.

I would love to play more of it, but I have purchased "Super Paper Mario", also for the Nintendo Wii gaming console, already.

I am deeply afraid that if I start getting to far into "Godfather: Blackhand Edition" that I will not be playing "Super Paper Mario" as much. Seeing as I am pretty far into "Super Paper Mario" I would like to finish the game before I proceed to get deep into "Godfather: Blackhand Edition".

Thank you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:12 AM »
Sorry about that.  I just don't see getting a game when you want to finish one up first until that one is done.  Unless you live in the country or the game is published by Atlus.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »
If it's any comfort, I'm delaying my purchase of Super Paper Mario until Summer so I can concentrate on most of the games that I DO have... including GodFather.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2007, 11:28:15 AM »
AH....I see what you mean by making no sense.

Well the only reason I bought it now was because I found it brand new for $30. Couldn't pass it up

Offline j_moose

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »
Hey, for those of you who've played into the game a bit, I was just wondering if there was any order I should do things in?  I've taken over almost all the businesses and two compounds...if I don't complete hit contracts, etc. that may happen to deal with rival families BEFORE I take everything over, will they still be available afterwards?  I don't want to eliminate the families and then be stuck with nothing to do - no new income/respect.  After the hit contracts are complete and the rival families are eliminated, is there anything else to do in the game (besides rob banks) for income and to get my respect level up?

Thanks for the help!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2007, 04:03:03 PM »
The taking over of businesses, the hit contracts and the main storyline all seem to follow their own path, so for example, even if you take over a rivals warehouse, it will still be controlled by them later on in the mission storyline. Driving trucks from the supply hubs and hijacking trucks on the street are two good side businesses. Also, if you buy ammo from a weapons upgrade spot, you will always get ambushed by another gang.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2007, 05:31:08 PM »
Where the FRICK is this "Verona Warehouse?" I want to take over little italy all ready!!!

Edit: Old habits die hard

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »
Look to the left of Little Italy on the map. there is an industrial park.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2007, 03:49:36 AM »
That Verona Warehouse...I remember it being a hassle to get to.  They these buildings far away from the rest of NY.  The other problem was you couldn't call the driver to take you there because there wasn't a save point anywhere.

NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2007, 07:37:22 AM »
I played The Godfather a few nights ago.

I admit I haven't gotten into the game well enough that I can make an opinion of it, but I will state this, my enjoyment of the game was ruined because of one thing: the terrible GTA map system.

Seriously, you would think that with all the GTA clones in the market one of them would feature a decent map system (I heard Saints Row had a really good map system), but nearly all of them just rip it off complete with flaws and annoyance.

I may be rambling here, but in a game in which the completion of missions is vital and takes place in a giant world a good map system is vastly required. I'm sorry, but I doubt a small map circle will do the job properly.

Now onto the good. The controls were very fun. The aiming was confusing me at first, but got the hang of it later on.

SB sold his copy so I couldn't play it any further. But if they finally get around to bringing Wii games for rent in my town I will give it a better second chance as the story was quite interesting and like I said the controls were really good.

In other words, the best use of waggle I have ever seen.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »
Really? I absolutely love the map system and my ability to set red flags on the map that show on my minimap to direct me. I've found it mindblowingly simple to get to where I'm going in Godfather.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2007, 09:31:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Really? I absolutely love the map system and my ability to set red flags on the map that show on my minimap to direct me. I've found it mindblowingly simple to get to where I'm going in Godfather.

I did learn about the flag thing much later, but I never knew that it would point you to your location. In fact, it would hardly appear on my map and guide me there.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
If you use the main streets and remember just a few key turns, you can get wherever you're going in the game. The city design is almost linear and there's no extraneous fluff to get lost in. I wonder how you could be having so much difficulty getting around.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2007, 10:09:03 AM »
I agree with Kairon, the map system was brilliant in Godfather, though I'll admit before I discovered it I was confused, but after learning how to use it, things were so easy to find.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2007, 10:13:59 AM »
It's better map system than GTA, that's for sure.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
It's better map system than GTA, that's for sure.

GTA's was terrible, I remember getting lost numerous times.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »
Bumpin' an old thread, capiche?

FInally finished this yesterday. 55+ hours, 97.5% completion. Great game. Think I will get Twilight Princess next.