Author Topic: Mafia GX: Scrapheap  (Read 44050 times)

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Mafia GX: Scrapheap
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:54:25 PM »
Screw you guys.

Seriously.

I was so pumped no I'm so pissed.

I was just a bloody townie. As if Mrs Arrow would get a bad role. Shove it up your arse guys.  
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia - GX: Scrapheap
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »
OMG!!! Its one thing to be killed on the first day, but I cant believe I was so obvious that the Bounty Hunter Risked his own life to kill me!  This has got to be the luckiest bounty hunter ever!

Either that or the bounty hunter is working with someone who can find out my role (All I can think of is the Librarian, as the cop would have only been able to make his first investigation tonight).
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »
At least I didn't have to sacrifice my avatar.
*glomps Kenshin* ^.^ <3
GOREGASM!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:14:12 PM »
URGHGAHGHAA I WANNA PLAY!
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia - GX: Scrapheap
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »
I already hear whispers of people eager to host the next Mafia game, so don't get too angry. You'll be back into it before you know it.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 07:42:55 AM »
easy for you to say.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 09:33:19 AM »
Sorry 18 Days, not that I had anything to do with it, but I felt bad when I saw you on the dead peeps roll-call this morning. Also for the newbies!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 02:49:56 PM »
So what am I? Chopped liver?!?!?

Just kidding, I have been playing since mafia five, so Ive been around a few times, and this is the first time I have died on the first night.  Poor 18 days is all too familiar with early deaths (I should know, I killed her in the AC mafia, and I hosted the mafia where she was voted out first, at least I let her go out with a bang!) and now this happens.  Now I know how it feels, and I would like 18 days to know I had nothing to do with her death this time around (other than the fact that my mafia made the hit, I didnt give any say).

I guess I will find out what happened to me when the bounty hunter dies, or when the game ends, whichever comes first.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »
Clear a spot for me, guys. I may be joining you soon.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »
I welcome all.  (Except for that d@mn bounty hunter, and one other person who I cannot mention.)

Just kidding bounty hunter

Edit: I can mention him now, IT WAS MATT!!!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »
Nah it's cool Zach. I wouldn't expect you to be apart of knocking me off. And anyway, unlike some, I don't hold grudges.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 09:40:16 PM »
Wait, so I was a townie, was killed by the bounty hunter, and he got away with it?  This is lame.  I knew I'd be a target, but by golly if I wasn't a townie.  I sent out those first messages to everybody when I was a townie, but then I got corrupted.

I never acted with the mafia.  In fact, they only contacted me ever once.  It's a shame it ended this way.  By the end of the game, you'll all know why I'm a bit more hacked then I should be.  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 10:48:06 PM »

Originally posted by: MattVDB
I never acted with the mafia.  In fact, they only contacted me ever once.  It's a shame it ended this way.  By the end of the game, you'll all know why I'm a bit more hacked then I should be.

Hahahaha didn't I tell you that you'd become a target for the Mafia because you were a vocal townie. You just weren't aware of being a Mafia member, the propogandist played you like a violin.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 11:53:34 PM »
What?  I got a total of two messages from my propagandist.  The first one totalled nothing more than "Idiot", and then a quote.  The second was much more pleasant, but saying I was played?  That play style was all me, in an attempt to get the townie voting block together.  It was beginning, but the biggest members have been getting kicked faster than I've seen before.  I've considered myself townie, and put out a request for a hit against Stabby only because I wanted back into the true townie crowd.  Sorry I let you guys down.

*shakes head* "played like a violin"  lol *shakes head*

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 12:03:23 AM »
Hehe, yeah, its about a balance between "keeping your cards close to your chest" and "rallying the townies by drawing attention to yourself"

As far as the propogandist goes, it sounds like he determines what you vote, without needing to consult you. If that were to happen to me I would either shut the hell up and support the Mafia or spread the word to the townies to kill the propogandist.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 02:11:31 AM »
I am dead.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 07:25:59 AM »

Wait, so I was a townie, was killed by the bounty hunter, and he got away with it?  This is lame.  I knew I'd be a target, but by golly if I wasn't a townie.  I sent out those first messages to everybody when I was a townie, but then I got corrupted.

Yeah, thats right, how horrible for you.  You broke the rules, and betrayed your mafia.  The corrupted townie is supposed to be a SLAVE to the propagandist.  Not rise up and give him away, and thats just as bad as a mafia member giving away his comrades (like what happened in the last game)  

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »
Good times, bad times
How life loves a tragedy
Heartbreaks, heartaches
How life loves a tragedy
GOREGASM!

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 10:39:45 AM »

What?  I got a total of two messages from my propagandist.  The first one totalled nothing more than "Idiot", and then a quote.  The second was much more pleasant, but saying I was played?  That play style was all me, in an attempt to get the townie voting block together.  It was beginning, but the biggest members have been getting kicked faster than I've seen before.  I've considered myself townie, and put out a request for a hit against Stabby only because I wanted back into the true townie crowd.  Sorry I let you guys down.

*shakes head* "played like a violin"  lol *shakes head*

Well, I didn't get much of an option, as by the time I logged on you had already revealed I was a mafia member. I couldn't do anything else because you had to go to work that day. Sure the idiot comment was a bit harsh, but you went totally against the rules and set me up as target #1 right off the bat. Why'd you decide to do that in the first place, anyway?

So yeah, people. I was the propagandist and corrupted MattVDB. But MattVDB revealed I was mafia and that doomed me from the start. Khush tried to rectify the situation by making me invulnerable that day, but it was all for naught.

And I thought I had convinced the townie doctor to protect me, but that clearly didn't work out.

And Khush, having my death be a parody of the Black Knight from Mony Python and the Holy Grail is the best death ever for me.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 10:58:12 AM »
Yeah stabby, you got a great death, Khush had to go and make my character richard simmons *shudders uncontrollably*

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »
Hey, glad you liked the death. Sorry Zach. Reading the bio on your character it said no one knew who was under the mask, so I tried to think of the most unlikely candidate. Unfortunately, not all deaths are equal. It just came to me. Since the Matt incident refuses to die, let me make a brief outline of what happened. Though some of this is speculation.

Matt starts contacting people to make a townie alliance.
Stabby gets wind of this and decides to corrupt Matt to use this townie alliance for the mafia
Matt misreads the corrupted townie role. Feels that since Stabby hasn't contacted him, he is to vote how he wants.

Matt votes Stabby and pretty much reveals his role. This is in violation of the corrupted townie role.
I log on and start reading my messages. Learn there is something wrong.
Check the thread. Dang. This is a disaster.

How to rectify. I send Matt's some pm's informing him that what he's done is in violation of the role.
Talk to Stabby what can be done. Finally decide the best thing is to grant Stabby immuntity from the vote. Best way to make it up to him.
I don't want it to appear I'm meddling in the game so I let people believe it was the townie doctor.
Matt pm's back. He gets the role, it was a misunderstanding. We move on from there.

Not much happening the next day. Some votes for Stabby but that's to be expected after the excitement of yesterday.
Then, I get a pm asking from a player asking if Matt is still ruining the game.
I play dumb and ask for info on what he means.
Matt has been contacting townies, posting speculation that I'm the one who saved Stabby. Wonderful
PM Matt. Please don't go saying I'm interferring with the game. It was the only solution after what happened.

The killer sends in his hit. It's for Matt. Soon the ordeal will be over.
Stabby wins the vote. Matt pms a bit earlier before that he wants to be a townie.
Getting ready with the story
Bounty hunter sends in a hit for Matt. Wants to know if he would die for hitting a corrupted townie. No, he wouldn't.
I post the story.

Matt is now upset bounty hunter didn't die for killing a townie. He told me that was his choice. Now let's look at the rules:

If the propagandist is killed, the corrupted townie has a choice. Stay with the mafia or join the townies again. If he joins the townies, this action will be revealed in the story the next day. He is free to reveal anything he may know.

Now, I'm sorry this may not have been clear enough but you are not a townie until the start of the next day when your choice is revealed. During the night, you are still a mafia member. A corrupted townie. The reason you are not a townie is because no one knows that fact yet, The mafia wouldn't know, the bounty hunter wouldn't know, the librarian wouldn't know. The switch occurs at the start of the day.

I'm sorry the game didn't go as you hoped but I tried to be as fair and reasonable with you as possible and I'm getting tired of the complaints. I have my hands full with 18 other people who have roles, not to mention all the questions I get. This situation has just worn me out.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »
Khush, considering the scale of the problem, you did as good of a job as you could.

And question #2 for MattVDB: Why'd you tell people that it was Khush? I think that's what put the final nail in my coffin.  

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, Khush, at least I got what I wanted.  

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 11:34:41 AM »
Dont worry about my death Khush, I was just pulling your leg.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 11:50:30 AM »
Partybear, I'm not sure what you're referring to. I know you sent me a pm a while back but I had to clear it out to make room for the ones I've been getting during the game. Your going to have to be more specific for me to understand what you're talking about.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.