Poll

What will be the next movie in the rotation?

The Craft
Stitches
The Babadook
Zombeaver
Spawn
Yoga Hosers
Tucker & Dale vs Evil
The Punisher (2004)
Sharknado
Sausage Party

Author Topic: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! *31 Days* Halloween Movie Marathon! *31 Movies*  (Read 324419 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! *31 Days* Halloween Movie Marathon! *31 Movies*
« Reply #700 on: October 18, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »
Around here, big movies are packed on opening weekend and fall off pretty quick unless they're like one of the two biggest movies of the year.

Being in a full theater for Paranormal Activity several times was the best thing, reactions to that movie were so good!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 18, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
I love horror movies because most of them are so bad and unbelievable.

I sift through Netflix, and it's hard to find a Horror movie rated above 3 stars with the most common being 2-2.5. The characters are usually unrealistic, they usually make repeatedly dumb decisions & always make stupid mistakes.

I want to make a horror movie about a group of early 20's who also love these horror movies and start off talking about the same things I just mentioned above. Your smarter than average group of stimulant addicted, sex craved youth who then find themselves in a very similar situation to the ones they've been criticizing the whole time, only to find out that they end up doing alot of the same **** in a high stress, life or death, no time to think scenario. It would sort of be a self-aware parody in the way that the original Scream trilogy was.

That sounds great, except I think they shouldn't retread movie cliches and instead succeed against their foes so it's more like a Home Alone thing.

The way I pictured it was the "main critic" (who is a black guy of course), was the one that stop his friends from being "that character" in the movie.

i.e. He purposely hung a little back while they were running away. The white girl trips and falls, her BF stops, and starts to turn around to come back and get her, but he ("MC") comes along and helps her up, without breaking stride, since he was pretty much right behind her anyway.

You could also throw in some Final Destination-like premonitions, but instead of seeing the future ahead of time, it would be more like seeing what would have happened if "Main Critic" hadn't stepped in and interfered with natural selection during tense LoD situation were stupid decisions are made. (this will provide all the gore that isn't really happening, since "Main Critic" is doing a pretty damn good job of not letting everyone be cliche to the typic horror movie)

i.e. Guy forgets something trivial in the house, decides that it's important enough to back for. Just before he steps back in the house "Main Critic" grabs him by the arm and says that they'll get it later or buy a new one or something and leads him away from the house in a hurry.
::cut to scene showing guy walking in the house (since no one stopped him) and grabbing his item only to be confronted by villain and violently dismembered.
::Now cut back to Villain in the house visibly getting frustrated when all the flesh puppets aren't doing what they are supposed to do in a normal horror movie.

Just before the end of the movie they will take out the villain with a bullet to the chest & just as they are about to walk away, "Main Critic" comes back and double taps 2 to the forehead just to make sure. In the end, the only mistake that is made is that they thought it was just one guy, but it was actually several different guys, and that's how he always seemed to keep up with them. and that should set it up for a possible sequel.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:04:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »
That would be entertaining I'd watch it.

I'm this Friday, right?

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »
I voted, but didn't break the tie. ****.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 19, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »
I'm this Friday, right?

Yes sir

& I like to think my movie idea is Scream meets Friday the 13th meets Final Destination.
I should start writing that script.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:49:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 19, 2011, 03:24:43 PM »
which movie are we doing?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 19, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
I'm this Friday, right?

Yes sir

& I like to think my movie idea is Scream meets Friday the 13th meets Final Destination.

Yeah..I was about to say it sounds like Scream a bit. Where all the characters are well versed in scary movie protocol.

If you write the first act, i'll right the second.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 19, 2011, 03:39:26 PM »
I can then tear to pieces and make stupid suggestion like:

"I think this character should have a pet rock.  Who we find out is really behind all the killings in the end."
or
"This characters nails need to be 1 inch longer."

To get that real mainstream studio feel.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 19, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
I'm this Friday, right?

Yes sir

Yeah..I was about to say it sounds like Scream a bit. Where all the characters are well versed in scary movie protocol.

If you write the first act, i'll right the second.
Dammit, now I'm gonna feel obligated to make this a reality instead of one of the 1000's of back burner projects that never actually get started.

Let me try and put together a script outline of some sort (maybe this weekend) and then we can start a private googledocs file where we can flesh out the movie and work on characters, dialog & plot points.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
Hahaha I just finished that Walk Wit a Wattle Beat but it's too....I don't know...serious? It's dope though, but I'm gonna try again.

I can't do my MFT tonight. I changed my plans since I got a friend visiting. I'll get to it when I have the chance.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
I'm about Halfway through mine.  I've watched the movie.  I've got about 75% of the Pictures. 100% of the Bad Jokes.  None of the uploading or post written.  So I'll probably be up around Sunday.  I have some things I need to do.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 24, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
Since no one has done a Halloween Horror MFT since last Monday, I guess I can find some time to do another sometime today.

I've watched a shitload of horror movies this month, so I have a few options I could go back over:
I Saw The Devil, Spellbinder, One Eyed Monster, Troll Hunter, Dance of the Dead, Rogue, Quarantine 2: Terminal, Scream 4 and a few others that aren't crossing my mind right at this moment.

I also have a few more that I planned on watching like Zombie, Body Parts and whatever is currently streaming on Netflix and in my Instant Queue.

So I can choose from one of those... (most likely Zombie) unless someone suggest something I find more interesting first.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
The Hallmark Channel is doing a MURDER, SHE WROTE marathon this SATURDAY, JUNE 23 from midnight-10pm.

The schedule and synopses follow below:

12:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - While in Seattle lecturing at the university, Jessica is convinced that the young man she hired as her secretary is not a killer.

01:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - Jessica helps a most unconventional neighbor who is accused of murdering his former partner with one of his inventions.

02:00 AM
   Bailey's Mistake - A widow and her children arrive at the mysterious island where her late husband had secretly purchased property. Stars Linda Hamilton and Joan Plowright.

04:00 AM
   Family Plan - Charlie MacKenzie is a dedicated career woman who must lie about having a family in order to land her dream job. Charlie gets the job, but when her new boss moves in next door, Charlie must hire an actor to play her husband and borrow her best friend's teenage daughter to act as her own child. Stars Tori Spelling, Jordan Bridges and Greg Germann.

06:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - When Jessica's niece receives a gift from her grandfather, who was thought dead, she asks her aunt to find him. Jessica follows a trail to a small-town circus beset by accidents and murder.

07:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - Neil confesses to the crime, but Jessica believes that he didn't do it.

08:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - Jessica's old rival, Eudora, shows up with a smile and a gift, but everyone knows she is up to no good.

09:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - Eudora admits she stole Jessica's notes, but denies poisoning the apples she brought or murdering the detective who was following her.

10:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - An Irish ghost story becomes all too real when a killer tries to make a spirit of Jessica.

11:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - The luck of the Irish is with Jessica when she breaks out of a castle dungeon.

12:00 PM
   Murder, She Wrote: South By Southwest - Headed to a lecture by train, Jessica is sent on a mysterious journey after she has a brief encounter in the dining car with a woman who later vanishes. Stars Angela Lansbury and Mel Harris.

02:00 PM
   Murder She Wrote: The Last Free Man - Jessica Fletcher attends a lecture given by Cassandra Hawkins who is trying to clear the name of her ancestor Samuel Pinckney, a slave accused of killing a white plantation owner. Jessica’s investigation reveals that she herself is a descendant of Samuel’s owner and the mystery continues to intrigue both women. Stars Angela Lansbury and Phylicia Rashad.

04:00 PM
   Murder She Wrote: A Story to Die For - A former KGB agent is killed at the same writer’s conference Angela Fletcher is attending. Stars Angela Lansbury and Richard Crenna.

06:00 PM
   Murder, She Wrote: South By Southwest - Headed to a lecture by train, Jessica is sent on a mysterious journey after she has a brief encounter in the dining car with a woman who later vanishes. Stars Angela Lansbury and Mel Harris.

08:00 PM
   Murder She Wrote: The Last Free Man - Jessica Fletcher attends a lecture given by Cassandra Hawkins who is trying to clear the name of her ancestor Samuel Pinckney, a slave accused of killing a white plantation owner. Jessica’s investigation reveals that she herself is a descendant of Samuel’s owner and the mystery continues to intrigue both women. Stars Angela Lansbury and Phylicia Rashad.

10:00 PM
   Murder She Wrote: A Story to Die For - A former KGB agent is killed at the same writer’s conference Angela Fletcher is attending. Stars Angela Lansbury and Richard Crenna.

www.hallmarkmoviechannel.com/schedule.aspx?Date=6/23/2012&Range=6/17/2012
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
10:00 AM
   Murder, She Wrote - An Irish ghost story becomes all too real when a killer tries to make a spirit of Jessica.

this. sounds. great.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
murder she wrote is also on netflix
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
04:00 AM
   Family Plan - Charlie MacKenzie is a dedicated career woman who must lie about having a family in order to land her dream job. Charlie gets the job, but when her new boss moves in next door, Charlie must hire an actor to play her husband and borrow her best friend's teenage daughter to act as her own child. Stars Tori Spelling, Jordan Bridges and Greg Germann.

Pretty sure that's illegal hiring practices...also unless this job pays MILLIONS it seems cost-ineffective.

...what does this have to do with Murder She Wrote anyway? It does not involve the "She" of the title. There is no mention of "murder" and nobody is "writing" anything!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
more starship troopers stuff

make it work??
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:10:40 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
fixed!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The problem with most movie reviewers is one, they have a far too high opinion of themselves, and two, they forgot they were watching a Paul Verhoeven / Ed Neumeier film. The 2 one is complete shite, but the 3rd was pretty watchable dispite the cheapness, although it lacked the Verhoven touch. The propaganda elements in the 3rd were so in your face that you had to be blind, deaf and dumb to miss it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
according to Neumeier they really intentionally made it subtle that it was commentary on dumb movies in the first one, though by the third one people would have really had time to figure that out. I remember I actually liked part 2, when i first watched it, but that was when it was new. I haven't seen it since, and i was kinda young then. So its hard to gauge if I had any real taste then. I do remember it being cheap, but that's about it. Also, the main character reminds me of Richard Hatch from survivor, and is also named Richard.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
On consecutive weeks I've watched Birdemic and The Room.

I'm at a loss
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2017, 05:36:34 AM »
that takes dedication Crimm

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 26, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »
Is this event returning? I voted for DareDevil because it is on Netflix last I checked. We should watch something together again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 27, 2017, 12:48:33 AM »
Is this event returning? I voted for DareDevil because it is on Netflix last I checked. We should watch something together again.

Only the Netflix series of DD is on Netflix.

I reset the poll and updated the movie selection.
let me know if you'd like to replace some of the choices or just add more.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 28, 2017, 10:54:40 PM »
I picked Dale & Tucker. Never seen one of those films, though I'm down for anything.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast