Author Topic: How would you plan out a Switch 2 software release schedule?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
How would you plan out a Switch 2 software release schedule?
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:55:07 PM »
I love aimless theory crafting and just had this idea: if you were at Nintendo planning a future Switch 2 Game Release strategy, how would you space out releases and prioritize which of their top-franchise tentpole game sequels come out when?

Just shooting from the hip I think it's super obvious Mario Kart 9 isn't going to happen for the Switch, so shooting from the hip it'd make sense to have it as a launch title for the successor and therefore...

Holiday Launch:
-Mario Kart 9
-Metroid Prime 4 (I'm assuming this gets delayed to Switch 2 or gets a cross-get release ala BotW)
-Nintendo Land Sequel

First Spring Period:
-Splatoon Sequel
-Mario Party Sequel
-Xenoblade Sequel

Second Holiday:
-Smash Bros. Sequel
-Wii Fit/Ring Fit Spiritual Sequel
-3D Mario Sequel

Second Spring:
-Animal Crossing Sequel
-Zelda Sequel

Third Holiday:
-Pokemon Sequel
-2D Mario Sequel/Mario Maker Sequel
-Star Fox or F-Zero Sequel (I can dream can't I?)
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: How would you plan out a Switch 2 software release schedule?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:28:51 AM »
This should be fun...Launch March 2022 I would want to focus on different gaming experiences for the launch.  The first phase is multiplayer games:

Launch Line Up
Splatoon 3 (This game should focus on having a real 3D person adventure game...as well as multiplayer)
Super Nintendo Kart
NEW IP GAME

Launch Line Up will be supplemented with fully functional Nintendo Online Virtual Consoles Including NES, SNES, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube.  Games will be upgraded texture work to help upscale the experience...so it won't just be emulation. 

Summer and Fall Releases: (These releases need to fill in the holes for Genres and be interesting)
An RPG/Strategy focused game:  Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Game, Earthbound, or Advanced Wars)
Classic IP: A Kirby Game or other B level Nintendo IP
A Big Party Game:  Nintendo Party or Wii Sports type game

Big Christmas Game:
Super Mario Galatic Odyssey.  This game would take the ideas of Galaxy and Odyssey and smash them together.  But the big innovative thing I would make is a Mario Multiplayer Star hunt.  Have players running around finding Stars pop up on the map and carry them back to there base to score. Single player and team modes could be played.

Summer Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultra Ultimate Edition

Christmas Year 2:  Zelda

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:09:24 AM by Spak-Spang »