Author Topic: $50 free from target  (Read 1660 times)

Offline camry4me

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
$50 free from target
« on: July 28, 2003, 08:10:22 AM »
right now if you buy a cube from target you get a $50 gift card.  I was wondering if you get a free game no matter where you buy the system.  I know EB games and best buy give you a free game when you buy the cube.  Do you get a free one at  target plus the $50 gift card??? anyone know.. Thant would be sweete if you did!

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
RE:$50 free from target
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 08:21:42 AM »
Yes, it includes the bundled (nintendo free prom) where you can chose between four games or opt for the GBP which was shown in the add.  

And it's not mail-in neither meaning you can just ask the employee that you'll like this game isntead of the $50 or whatever.

I would pick up the GBP and lay the $50 down for zelda.

You're still going have to get a memory card though (get the 251 vrs the mc59 though--more bang for your dollar.  

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 12:45:49 PM »
I went by target just now and was going to pick this up. I already have a GCN, Gameboy Player and all four free games being offered, but I figured what the hell $50 gift card, I could get a second Gameboy Player and sell it on ebay and sell my old GCN and replave with the new one and still come out ahead. Plus I would still have the demo disk. Well unfortunately Target is not offering the free game or gameboy player or free demo disk. They said just the $50 card.

Too bad, it sounded like a pretty good deal. Too good to be true.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 06:36:05 PM »
Nope.  Tonight my friend was one the market for a new Cube for college.  We visited two Targets and it seems the $50 giftcard is in lieu of the free game/GBP.  (Still a good deal in comparison to the hoops they make you jump through for the equivalent Xbox deal)  Instead he went to Circuit City and picked up Cube + GBP + demo disc and a free Wavebird (this week's promo item).  Wonder what he's gonna do with that extra demo disc.  And me, I've got an extra Zelda OoT disc and extra of both Pokemon coins.