Author Topic: Episode 89 - EXTRA BLUE POWER BALLS  (Read 2801 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 89 - EXTRA BLUE POWER BALLS
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »

An all-star Famicast brings you the latest on the Famicom Mini and breaking into the Japanese movie industry!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/43522/episode-89-extra-blue-power-balls

The Famicast is back to full strength this week to discuss all things Japan and Nintendo! As usual there’s a lot of ground covered in New Business, with James covering platformers, Ty reaching terrifying heights with achievement hunting, Danny trying out the Monster Hunter Stories demo and Sairus risks serious hand injuries playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy in arcades. And of course we also have you covered for a discussion on Power Rangers and other Super Sentai franchises in Japan!

The Famicom Mini has also started rolling out around the world, so discussion turns to Nintendo emulation, the eShop and how this device stacks up. There’s also a sampling of Pokémon news hot off the presses!

The show wraps up with a rapid fire Fake or Real, plus a special segment as Ty talks about his recent flirtations with stardom as an extra in an upcoming movie. Could this be his big break? Tune in to find out!

Also, it's that time of year again. Yes! You guessed it! The NWR Child's Play Podcast Telethon! Your favorite Famicrew members will be there with some special guests! For more information on what time you need to tune in and all of that, be sure to visit the telethon article page here. Of course, if you guys have any comments, questions or complaints, be sure to sound off in the talkback below, email us at famicast@nintendoworldreport.com, or hit us up on Twitter @thefamicast!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Episode 89 - EXTRA BLUE POWER BALLS
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:03:23 AM »
That title is alllmost as sexy as my avatar!
Made you look ****.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »
I apologise to the listeners for that dark first 25 mins, to make up for it, here's my contribution:

7 mins in: masturbation never gets old, that's why.
12 mins in: all I can think of is some Japanese salaryman getting that call at the office and having to lie about who it's from.
18 mins in: I really thought the end of Sairus' story was "and she drove by shouting 'LOSERS' and drenched us all with a giant puddle"

Only one more Famicast episode before NX is totally guaranteed* to be revealed!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »
Only one more Famicast episode before NX is totally guaranteed* to be revealed!

Now that's a guaranteed I can get behind.

Wait a minute... does that mean Famicast is coming to an end?! Super sad if true. Gonna have to listen and find out...
 :-X
NNID: ejamer

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 06:47:00 AM »
Almost as hyped as you guys for ep 100! whoopwhoop!
Made you look ****.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:57:22 AM »
Quotes from this episode:

-We could see a little tit bit of news before the investors meeting.
-I'm not saying it'll be a full splurge, just the name and what it looks like, and then a "more to come later".

*leans back in chair, lights cigar*
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.