Author Topic: Episode 80 - SUPER NIKU BOYS  (Read 1688 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 80 - SUPER NIKU BOYS
« on: May 28, 2016, 04:11:00 AM »

The guys are here to show you the clear connections between bloody slabs of meat, CGI scorpion kings, teddy bears and Mario Maker...True or false?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/42753/episode-80-super-niku-boys

It’s Live Famicast time! It’s that special time once a month where you get to choose between just listening to the Famicrew talk about games and life in Japan, or watching them on video! It’s so real it’s almost like you’re there with them, too! So lucky!

New Business is a bit of a smorgasbord this episode with everyone dabbling in a bit of everything. Sairus dips his toes in Splatoon and Megaman X3 while Danny cashes in some Platinum Points on the Culdcept Revolt demo (Japan only). James checks in with Mario Maker, Watch Dogs and Super Meat Boy while Ty polishes off DOOM and Catherine, and as always touches base with Killer Instinct.

You know it’s a pretty slow news week when discussion of the recent announcement of Kuma Tomo (Teddy Together) getting a Western release is a highlight, but we still find some juicy tidbits to discuss. Datamining has revealed the Squid Sisters costumes waiting to be unlocked in Mario Maker, which leads Sairus to talk about his recent trip to Splaket 5, a Splatoon doujin* event in Tokyo where kids and squids could buy and sell fanmade Splatoon goods.

Meanwhile in charts, this week marks the sort of rare occasion when a Western produced game debuts at number one. Can you guess which one? On such an auspicious day, could this also finally be the week that the console charts actually change their long standing positions? Spoiler: No. No it isn’t.

Finally, before checking out our faithful listeners’ mail we have the triumphant return of Fake or Real, complete with guest contestant! Tune in for details on how you too can possibly enter this climactic battle of wits!

*Translator’s note: doujin is a blanket term that covers “people with the same interests” and “self published art, comics, etc”. There’ll be a quiz on all the non-English words you learned in this week’s episode.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 80 - SUPER NIKU BOYS
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:27:36 AM »
WiiU leaderboards for SMB are a lonesome experience! Anyone else playing it, or has everyone already got it on other systems?
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 12:02:51 AM »
I think it's safe to say yes. Oh. And, "old!"
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »
Maybe we should start a Meat Boy leaderboard on here then.

1. Ty - all game complete
2. James - Up to World 4
3. Danny - Up to World 3
4. Sairus - Glanced at game once from a distance
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.