Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup - About 17 Minutes.  (Read 62119 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: NX Launch Lineup
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2016, 07:57:17 PM »
They could make the game switch between mario 64, sunshine, and galaxy graphics. Remember that Mario 128 demo? Well I think a ps4 level system could display a couple million Mario 64 Marios on screen. I say this because the crowds in the NBA games lately are crazy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:59:02 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2016, 08:01:19 PM »
This is last years news, but it should fit into the discussion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-next-proper-metroid-prime-game-not-likely-until-nintendos-next-console

As of this time last year there haven't been resources dedicated to Metroid HD. Maybe shortly after they got some. It also gives us a sneak peak into NX. He think "nah man Metroid will take too long to make, and that ****'d be better on nx anway"

I wouldn't read into it too much, he's under a NDA and is legally obligated to lie about that sort of thing.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
Well usually with an NDA they'll say "we'll surprise you" or "no comment", but this was a more of "we still haven't got our **** together for that", Which is in line with how Nintendo operates. The big Retro game everyone thought was going to be Metroid from a few years ago ended up being Donkey Kong Country Returns

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 11:11:52 PM »
I had went to put Super Mario 3d maker in a previous post, but then my internet crashed. With Minecraft around why not? Althoug I imagine a Mario 3d maker would be more like tony hawk editor than minecraft. I made some awesome levels on Tony Hawk 2.

Retro's game is DK64: Returns, confirmed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2016, 12:44:28 AM »
Guys we don't even know what the NX is! It could be a fuckin VR headset for all we know! So why are we doing this? XD
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2016, 12:55:04 AM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2016, 01:33:40 AM »
Is that an official logograph? There is VR hidden in it. |VR

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2016, 05:35:56 AM »
I WAS FUCKIN RIGHT!
Made you look ****.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2016, 07:07:12 PM »
I wouldn't doubt an nx version of Yooka Laylee would be available.

There is hope Shadow of the Eternals will show up again. After the failed kickstarter it just went dark. There seems to be some indication it is still being worked on in private. Hopefully Denis Dyack gets the project rolling.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2016, 07:53:33 PM »
You all doubted me! SAYING noooooooo! Nintendo wouldn't do VR! I WAS RIGHT!
YOU CAN ALL SUCK A BIG FLOPPY UNCLE BOB PINGAS!
Made you look ****.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2016, 10:14:53 PM »
There is hope Shadow of the Eternals will show up again. After the failed kickstarter it just went dark. There seems to be some indication it is still being worked on in private. Hopefully Denis Dyack gets the project rolling.

There's about as much hope as Elvis coming back.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:24 AM »
Rumor: Retro's game is a new Eternal Darkness. Not related to Shadow of the Eternals. Nintendo re-trademarked it, they need to make a game sometime, Or maybe they are getting Koei Tecmo to make it.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2016, 01:00:47 AM »
There is VR hidden in it. |VR

In the negative space? I dont see it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2016, 01:35:41 AM »
I could make the possible graphic that they would make, but you cant see it? I don't even know if that's an official logo from Nintendo, and due to historical precedent I doubt the system will be called NX. However, historical precedent has always been the code name for the system was cooler than the actual discussion. I kinda hope the discussion sticks to games we want to see at launch.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2016, 11:48:45 AM »
I could make the possible graphic that they would make, but you cant see it? I don't even know if that's an official logo from Nintendo, and due to historical precedent I doubt the system will be called NX. However, historical precedent has always been the code name for the system was cooler than the actual discussion. I kinda hope the discussion sticks to games we want to see at launch.

I'm with Lemonade, I don't see it at all, but if you do want to make a graphic to point it out, just throw it in the rumor thread?

Back to games:

Many have pointed out that Mario should be there at launch, that Nintendo should be aggressive, but I'm on the other side of the fence and think that the next true 3d Mario should have the limelight, and if not a holiday 2017 release, maybe have it there by summer.

I still wouldn't want a NSMB title at launch, not that I have anything against the series, I just feel that to most it'll look like a mix of the Wii and Wii U launches to have a Zelda port and NSMB on day one.

Others have said Luigi's Mansion, but I don't  think that would sell the way Mario does normally, but since it's launch it would probably sell better than it would of released later in the systems life. If one is being worked on, I'd bet on Luigi being there as an ambassador to the Mario universe, and hopefully Nintendo will tease a brand new Mario along with it to get the hype train going.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »
So I was looking at the sales thread and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is the big seller in Japan for this week.  That's the Dragon Quest equivalent of Hyrule Warriors.  The same team has cranked our Hyrule Warriors, Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 each about a year apart.  Clearly the Musou series doesn't require that long of a dev time.  So something like Fire Emblem Warriors seems like a doable launch game.  Hyrule Warriors 2 could also work but I think releasing that at the same time as a proper Zelda wouldn't make sense.  I don't know what other Nintendo properties would work well with the series unless they went really nutty and made Super Smash Warriors.  ****, that sounds awesome but I figure that might require a longer dev time to really get all the details right.  Or even an NX port of the two Dragon Quest Heroes games in one package with some extra content could be valuable.  Or go with the next obvious step and get Square Enix working on Final Fantasy Warriors which would be worthwhile even if it was multiplatform with the PS4.

Basically Musou + popular videogame IP = easy launch game.  Not a killer app, but a good supporting launch title.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2016, 01:07:01 PM »
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon sold like crazy; 4.82 million copies worldwide. It's not a fair comparison but Super Mario 3D World on Wii U also sold 4.82 million copies. The GameCube version also did very well with 3.33 million. Luigi's Mansion 3 could make a great launch game but I feel that probably the best thing they could include at NX's launch is a new IP that would help kick start a franchise.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=963700

The next Hyrule Warriors could be a good call as a launch title, get the Zelda Wii U characters and locations and have some cross promotion.

Since Hyrule Warriors Wii U released in August-September 2014 a total of 7 Musou games have been released. So getting it out by launch may be logistically possible, but would you want two Zelda games out on the same day?

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Arslan: The Warriors Of Legend
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Dragon Quest Heroes: Twin Kings and the Prophecy's End

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »
since, its far fetched and probably a graphic made by the website, i'll just make a direct link to the graphic.

http://i.imgur.com/GCAzVSD.png

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »
Basically Musou + popular videogame IP = easy launch game.  Not a killer app, but a good supporting launch title.
Just give it to Fire Emblem so the fans of the series have something to tide them over while Intelligent Systems does something more important.

Like Code Name STEAM 2.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2016, 09:15:46 PM »
since, its far fetched

Extremely far fetched, I would say

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2016, 11:28:38 PM »

Quite.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2016, 01:31:15 AM »
That's a better graphic.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2016, 09:23:46 AM »
Perm: looks good but I doubt it's intentional. I don't think I ever would have seen that without your graphic, and unless Nintendo is still trying to be coy (assuming that thing if even official, which I doubt) then they'd already be doing a bad branding job.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2016, 12:33:29 AM »
I was always keen on the perfect dark logo. Thats why I was reticent to make the logo. This stuff happens in my head, it doesn't mean much.

Speaking of derailment. There haven't been too many railroad games. There was that Zelda game with the train and then there was resident evil 0. What do you think the chances of the hd remakes of RE and RE0 popping up in the store? They have them out for xboxone and ps4.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:36:49 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
I'm surprised we haven't gotten a "Yooka-Laylee delayed for NX launch" joke yet. Such low-hanging fruit! It does make me wonder if Nintendo has singled out one or two smaller developers and blessed them with an NX development kit so that they can develop a cool little exclusive for the launch window.