Author Topic: Episode 475: Super Dimensional Fortress Great Fox  (Read 8486 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 475: Super Dimensional Fortress Great Fox
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »
I just show up, read the script, and check my email for Neal firing me.

"I'm just here so I don't get fined."

- James Jones.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 01:13:27 PM »
Most of them are facts. The dungeons did only know you had a single item. They did craft dungeons in a way that meant once it was done you never needed an item again. It was made simpler by a lack of direct progression. It didn't ask you to combine skills.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
Some might argue it allowed them to be more creative with the uses for an item. Either way, dungeons in Zelda rarely ever have you combining skills and often it's in the worst way possible (like Twilight Princess' mixture of iron boots and claw shots). But that's just my opinion.

Just be thankful you put your opinions on a podcast that isn't treated like the word of God- you avoid death threats, as opposed to the content on the site.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »
Most of them are facts. The dungeons did only know you had a single item. They did craft dungeons in a way that meant once it was done you never needed an item again. It was made simpler by a lack of direct progression. It didn't ask you to combine skills.

True some are facts but your enjoyment of the game due to those facts is opinion. I enjoyed the game and didn't mind these things and even enjoyed them.

Is like Symphony of the Night. I prefer the old school games and can give you facts. The Metroid style gameplay made it easier. You mostly used swords vs your whip. Sub items became less important. You could get lost and experience much less tense action vs the older games.

That doesn't mean it's a lesser game it just means my opinion of it is different from others due to those facts. Others view those facts as positives.

Offline Kobeskillz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »
Some might argue it allowed them to be more creative with the uses for an item. Either way, dungeons in Zelda rarely ever have you combining skills and often it's in the worst way possible (like Twilight Princess' mixture of iron boots and claw shots). But that's just my opinion.

Just be thankful you put your opinions on a podcast that isn't treated like the word of God- you avoid death threats, as opposed to the content on the site.

I love interesting conversations and nothing ignites that more that two different opinions. I also love that James is cool with people countering his opinions and not acting like oh my word is stone get out of my site. I’ve been on websites where if you question anything the creaters will stone you and even block you.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 09:49:33 PM »
Funnily enough, I realized the parallels this discussion had with the previous episode where James Jones tried to defend Xenoblade Chronicles as Dr. Metts and Guillame smacked it about. Here, James tried to smack Star Fox Zero while Guillame and Greg defended it.

James Jones always gets bullied. Sorry, James.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 12:24:56 AM »
IT'S MY SHOW, DAMN IT!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 03:43:51 AM »
Leave James alone.

Offline Kobeskillz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »
IT'S MY SHOW, DAMN IT!

Remember in episode 159 when you said… Nah just kidding. : )

Honestly since you’ve taken over I feel you’ve done an amazing job and I listen every week. This is coming from someone that was at times critical of you James but I admit you really are a great host and I appreciate the work you guys put in weekly.