Author Topic: Episode 75 - GO-NEN A GO-GO BABY  (Read 2367 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 75 - GO-NEN A GO-GO BABY
« on: March 13, 2016, 01:21:04 AM »

The Famicast turns five years old! Come and celebrate with the Famicrew with this special episode!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/42253/episode-75-go-nen-a-go-go-baby

Some said it couldn’t be done, but The Famicast turns five years old with this 75th episode! Join us for this wooden anniversary (Yes, really. Look it up.) as we celebrate those five years with with a look back and a look forward for all things Nintendo in Japan!

To start off we get into our new business as usual. Danny and Sairus catch up on some Mario and Pokémon while Ty brushes up on his bibles with Devil World and James surprises us with a mystery game! There is also a special Famicrew alumni jumping in for a quick chat too. Who could it be?

Just after our last show, there was a deluge of announcements from the most recent Nintendo Direct, so we catch up on and dissect the differences between the Japanese and Western shows. Are you excited by all the “new” SNES titles being released on the (New) 3DS Virtual Console?  Most of the Famicast crew have some choice thoughts on Nintendo’s crossbuy policy for them!There was also plenty of Japan centric news this week, from more updates on Wii U shortages to a Nintendo theme-park going into development in Osaka(!).

Just before we recorded there was a surprise announcement of a new Pokemon game coming to Smartphones called Ko Master. There’s not much known about the title yet, but if you want to get a potential scoop on how the game might play, check out this article from Nintendo World Report from waaay back in 2007!

The Famicast is not the only thing turning five this year, and so James’ son features as a special guest running his own "Guess That Amiibo" segment! After we’ve deciphered his clues we check out some reader questions before signing out!

It’s a packed show, so get yourself comfortable!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 75 - GO-NEN A GO-GO BABY
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:10:55 PM »
Sairus the exp share doesn't actually share exp, it's a 3.5x exp multiplier, and if you choose to play in baby mode you lose the right to complain about difficulty.

I also got 2 on the amiibo challenge, so it'd be a fourway tie.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:36:53 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
@TOPHATANT123 Thanks for listening and your continued please understanding! I also appreciate you calling out Sai's scrubbiness.
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Cellsai

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
That's actually a great way to explain it!
XP Share was a really useful training tool in previous games without upsetting balance, and it almost felt like you're just slowing the game down needlessly if you don't use it. I guess I'm just used to using it like that despite its function having changed to beginner mode in recent games.
Thanks for the splash of real talk! Consider it turned off for the rest of my playthrough! :D

Offline JasonMaivia

• On the ShyGuy list.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:24 AM »
Thank you for another Famicast podcast episode!!
 ;D

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 03:46:47 AM »
I assume you're talking exclusively to me, so "You're welcome"!  :cool;
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.