Author Topic: Episode 74 - SLOW AS LIGHTNING  (Read 2100 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 74 - SLOW AS LIGHTNING
« on: February 27, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »

W the fun with the latest live episode of NWR's podcast from Japan.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/42014/episode-74-slow-as-lightning

*NOTE* This podcast was recorded roughly 24 hours before the latest Pokémon Direct. Tune in to the next episode for our thoughts. And as always, we thank you for your continued please understanding.

There might be a lull in Nintendo related news (with the exception of the aforementioned Direct), but the Famicrew are back to bring you the latest and greatest from Japan!

For New Business, Ty and Sairus break down Street Fighter V. Sure, the game is basically about five months away from being “complete,” but the two fighting game experts break down the good, the bad and the ugly. Ty also talks about XCOM..no, not the new one…

James, Danny and Sai also talk about some Nintendo games that they’ve been playing lately including the likes of Great Detective Pikachu, Bravely Second and Captain Toad. If you like Star Wars, Danny even sneaks a little bit of Battlefront talk into his New Business.

Even though there isn’t much news to cover, the guys bring a few tidbits of information as well as everyone’s favorite - the charts! After hearing the latest tips, tricks and news for Super Mario Maker and Splatoon in a JC Presents production, the guys tackle your questions in a quick fire, thunder round mini Life in Japan. From car swapping to the black market, prepare for the best (worst?)!

If you have any questions, comments or criticisms, contact on Twitter (@thefamicast), email us (famicast@nintendoworldreport.com) sound off in the comments below or on YouTube. Grab your W cheeseburger (or PBJ) and Asahi Super Dry and let’s get this party started! Famicast a go-go, baby!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 74 - SLOW AS LIGHTNING
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 11:09:33 AM »
Love Captain Toad, I went through and did all the bonus challenges, got all the diamonds and even finished all the levels. That final level took me multiple hours to complete and shouldn't be recommended for those who throw controllers, cos that Wii U gamepad is expensive.

It sort of makes sense having V mean single and W mean double since a W is two V's stuck together VV. But then when I think V-Burger I think Veggie Burger.

Offline Cellsai

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:44:19 PM »
Epilogue: Despite my excitement for Bravely Second and excessive playing of the demo, I'm not buying it now that I've seen how much story content has been removed during localization. :(
Touchy feely Fire Emblem people, I know your pain.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:15:38 PM »
Waits for the rocks to be thrown
Are you guys actually born in Japan? or...
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »
Have seen ty been playing SSFV on Steam so...
Even asked how it was!
Made you look ****.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 01:08:00 AM »
@TOPHATANT123 I actually hasn't heard of the V meaning single thing. Maybe Sai is lying...
But yeah V-burger has to be veggie (my burger of choice btw)

@Lucariofan99 None of us were born in Japan. Except Minoru, who's no longer on the show.
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.