Author Topic: Episode 69 - AMIIBRO FESTIVAL  (Read 2697 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 69 - AMIIBRO FESTIVAL
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »

Get the latest from Japan coming directly to your ear holes from your favorite Amiibros.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/41566/episode-69-amiibro-festival

The Famicast crew are back for another chinwag (It’s a word. Look it up.) about all the recent Japanese goings on for Nintendo in the wake of the long awaited return of Nintendo Direct!

As usual we kick off with a round of what we’ve been playing recently. Ty technically plays a Nintendo game for once as he digs up achievements in Shovel Knight, James plays Splatoon much to everyone’s surprise, Sairus continues on his Shantae marathon and Danny teaches a friend that yes, the original Ninja Gaiden is actually kind of difficult.

Every major region gets its own version of Nintendo Direct, so the meat of this show is going over to discussion on the Japanese version and how it differed from the ones the western world tuned into. Does Mother 3 on the WiiU Virtual Console sound interesting to anyone? Well tough luck if you’re not in Japan!

In other cultural news we talk about Square Enix’s Call of Duty series (something seems off about that statement…) and Japan’s growing propensity to wearing medical masks all the time.

Ty rounds the show out with another Fake or Real segment along with a quick look at the latest in Japanese sales figures. Could Xbox One finally be making a comeback?! Tune in to find out!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Famicast 69 - AMIIBRO FESTIVAL
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 10:36:48 AM »
"Lucas is a clone" There's a scrub quote if I've ever seen one, literally incorrect.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 05:15:40 AM »
Quick, vote on my Twitter poll!
Most people seem to disagree with you though so far...

https://twitter.com/famicomplicated/status/670785421606014976

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:08 PM »
Ninja Gaiden becomes easier once you realize two simple facts:

• enemies are not there for you to kill, there are only there to stop you. Just run past everything.
  • your main weapon is not a sword but screen edge. Despawn enemies behind you by running past them, and you can despawn especially pesky placed enemies in front of you by moving left-right just as they are on the screen border.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 07:58:30 AM »
"despawn", i like that word!
It's like "unbreak" the game, or is it breaking the game?

"Re-fairing" the game?
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.