Author Topic: Episode 60 - SUPER POSITIVE GENKI TIME  (Read 3948 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 60 - SUPER POSITIVE GENKI TIME
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:34:07 PM »

An extended edition of the Famicast, recorded a few days before the sad news of the passing of Satoru Iwata.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/40739/episode-60-super-positive-genki-time

Note: This episode of the Famicast was recorded several days before the untimely passing of Satoru Iwata. This sad news will be discussed in a future episode of the show.

-3 hour long show-

-New business

Danny - Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus, DBZ: Extreme Butoden
Sairus - Splatoon, Smash Bros.
JC - Batman Arkham Origins, Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros
Ty - Smite, Borderlands, State of Decay

-New Releases
-Charts
-News
-Fake or Real
-Listener Feedback / Twitter
-Amiibo Giveaway

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 60 - SUPER POSITIVE GENKI TIME
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »

I'll admit to being that guy who has Sunshine as his favourite 3D Mario. 3D World is undoubtedly a gorgeous game and it's really fun (coincidentally I was playing it as I heard James start talking about it on the show), but it feels like there's something missing, at least in my eyes, compared to Sunshine and 64. Maybe it's the lack of openness or that it's less ambitious than either of those games, but I don't feel the same way playing this game for some reason. Like you guys alluded to though, this is like saying I think Sunshine/64 is Jordan and 3D World is "merely" Kareem.

On another note, I found it a little funny that Danny admits to buying all three yarn Yoshi amiibo and then literally minutes later calls Sairus "part of the problem" for wanting to buy one pack of AC amiibo cards :P

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I understand why the last podcast was what it was and I definitely don't expect you all to be this positive and cheery every episode (most certainly don't expect it next episode after this week's sad, sad news), but I'd be lying if I didn't say this was one of your most enjoyable episodes for me. Also, I hope Sairus sticks around; he seems like a really good fit for the show and I enjoy listening to him more and more with each passing episode.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:15:32 AM »

Holy ****, Ty. if I had any sort of skills to back it or an Xbox One, I would be typing in all caps that I want to money match you in KI for all of your christmas KFC Yen because god fucking DAMNIT I nearly hit the ceiling a couple of times during this podcast. :/as it stands I am but a mere scrub who is soon to be quoted on twitter. I don't have the service personally, but i believe i need to keep it within... 128 characters? okay."I bought a Wii U in anticipation for a Yoshi game developed by Good-Feel. #FuckCatdrugs"I hope you fucking enjoy your Heihachi Pikachu bullshit and listening to Maximillian scream "LET'S GO!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA BENNY BENNY WOMBO COMBO" while you sit in your fucking closet of a home where you've mounted a TV on every wall and the ceiling.And then I hope there's a game for the NX you actually really like and it comes packaged with a line of code that turns your console into an incindiary device.

I became the saltiest person on the internet there for a minute. I could have just deleted the comment, but I figure you guys are going to get a chuckle out of it, so **** it. couldn't listen to the rest of the episode, but I hope it went well! Sorry if you guys felt you had to censor yourselves at all because of my bitching last episode. :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:43:48 AM by famicomplicated »

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »

On another note, I found it a little funny that Danny admits to buying all three yarn Yoshi amiibo and then literally minutes later calls Sairus "part of the problem" for wanting to buy one pack of AC amiibo cards:
Oh ho! He's got you there Danny boy! 

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I understand why the last podcast was what it was and I definitely don't expect you all to be this positive and cheery every episode (most certainly don't expect it next episode after this week's sad, sad news), but I'd be lying if I didn't say this was one of your most enjoyable episodes for me. Also, I hope Sairus sticks around; he seems like a really good fit for the show and I enjoy listening to him more and more with each passing episode.

Thanks much for the nice comments! It's comments like that that gets us pumped for the next show - much appreciated!
I told Sai (I don't think he's on these forums), and his already massive ego has been boosted further!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:42:29 AM by famicomplicated »
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »

Holy ****, Ty. if I had any sort of skills to back it or an Xbox One, I would be typing in all caps that I want to money match you in KI for all of your christmas KFC Yen because god fucking DAMNIT I nearly hit the ceiling a couple of times during this podcast. :/as it stands I am but a mere scrub who is soon to be quoted on twitter. I don't have the service personally, but i believe i need to keep it within... 128 characters? okay."I bought a Wii U in anticipation for a Yoshi game developed by Good-Feel. #FuckCatdrugs"I hope you fucking enjoy your Heihachi Pikachu bullshit and listening to Maximillian scream "LET'S GO!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA BENNY BENNY WOMBO COMBO" while you sit in your fucking closet of a home where you've mounted a TV on every wall and the ceiling.And then I hope there's a game for the NX you actually really like and it comes packaged with a line of code that turns your console into an incindiary device.

I became the saltiest person on the internet there for a minute. I could have just deleted the comment, but I figure you guys are going to get a chuckle out of it, so **** it. couldn't listen to the rest of the episode, but I hope it went well! Sorry if you guys felt you had to censor yourselves at all because of my bitching last episode.

Clex, what happened buddy? You used to be so calm and constructive in your comments/criticism! Take a chill pill brah!

However, I do admit Ty occasionally loses track of the fact Nintendo (still) makes good videogames. I will strive to remind him of this fact.
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline Cellsai

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »
Also, I hope Sairus sticks around; he seems like a really good fit for the show and I enjoy listening to him more and more with each passing episode.

I told Sai (I don't think he's on these forums), and his already massive ego has been boosted further!

I SEE ALL

Also, thank you :)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 06:44:26 AM »
I forgot what I said that may have been so edgy, but yeah please money match me in KI

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »
I don't have the skills to back it. XD

I was trying to be a little funny there. I think you guys did a really fine job and hit some important spots, although I think you guys might have gotten undercut by RFN having Syrenne this week. I was happy that you at least added that afront about Mr. Iwata and generally you guys had a good time. XD

I understand that Nintendo goofed by naming their game "Yoshi's Urui Warudo", but yeah I'm honestly not all that hyped about Pokken. The Pikachu with the Heihachi moxie going on is at least interesting, but it somehow feels like this game has a more shallow roster than even Pokemon Type Wild.

Actually, Ty. if you want to have an interesting double dose of New Business next episode, why don't you download http://oneweakness.com/pokemon-type-wild.html this and compare and contrast it to what Namco has on offer with Pokken?

I do hope someone wants to talk about Yoshi's Wooly World. I want that game REALLY badly. @___@ there was a good 5 year stretch where I really wanted Good-Feel to make a Yoshi Game and just... it's so close! it's the reason I got my Wii U, and no ammount of Ty decrying it as yarn garbage will deter me. Tezuka knows what's up, and I know he's probably steered Good-Feel more in the Wario Land Shake-it direction for Wooly World.

also, I'd like to briefly mention your very wrong use of the term Hikikomori. The term, coined by Psycologist Dr. Tamaki Saitou, is defined as "A state that has become a problem by the late twenties, that involves cooping one's self in one's own home and not participating in society for 6 months or longer, but does not seem to have another psycological problem as it's principle source." Some theorize it stems from autism, while others thing it has to deal with some sort of PTSD, which is understandable due to asian culture in general's high pressure to achieve in school, work, and in one's love life by certain benchmarks in one's life. According to surveys taken by the Japanese government in 2010, there are 700,000 documented cases while studies estimate there's about 1,550,000 japanese citizens that when surveyed, exhibit signs that lead to a hikikomori lifestyle.

I'll leave you guys off with uh... what do you folks think of the recent NEET revolution in japan? is it a bold uprising against the garish ideal japanese salaryman lifestyle? Is it a problematic blight of kids just being lazy? What sort of pressure do you as english teachers get as far as trying to stear kids away from the part-time, low income lifestyle?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »
I wish I could be a NEET

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 07:48:02 AM »
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an incredible game, easily a top ten of all time for me. I never played the Wii U version but I hear that it is one of the rare cases of a 3rd game being optimised for Wii U and then ported to the other systems in the case of the directors cut.

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 04:36:33 AM »

"I'd like to briefly mention your very wrong use of the term Hikikomori"

Dude, that was exactly what we said it was! We don't really have time to stop and read from wikipedia during the show, so of course it was an abridged / layman's version! Believe it or not, having lived in Japan for 11 years, I've met and interacted with many types of Japanese folk

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an incredible game, easily a top ten of all time for me. I never played the Wii U version but I hear that it is one of the rare cases of a 3rd game being optimised for Wii U and then ported to the other systems in the case of the directors cut.

Yeah man, it does look good! Will be on the look out for it later this year maybe.
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 04:39:58 AM »
Let me be a stupid nerd, you goofball! XD I'm trying to enhance the experience for those who venture into the forum thread! :P

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 10:12:09 AM »
Only I'm qualified to provide medically/financially accurate information on the forums.
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 02:55:57 PM »
Only I'm qualified to provide medically/financially accurate information on the forums.
Good.
I have this greenish purple growth on my, well, somewhere on my body. What is it? How much will it cost to treat? How much can I sell it for on e-Bay?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 07:44:13 AM »
If it looks like this, it could be worth quite a lot!
I am your (Fami)father.