Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Life on Mira.  (Read 126276 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: X. That's what it is still being called.
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
The only way that study would be worth anything at all is if they questioned at least ten thousand more people, and if both SD and HD content were displayed on an HD display.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
It does not matter two shits whatsoever if it "looks the same to you".  You're not the developer trying to make his game work with multiple systems.  If he can't get his game to work on the Wii U because of hardware limitations you telling him that Wii U graphics are good enough or that it looks the same to you means FUCKING NOTHING.  You might as well suggest to your mechanic to be sure to trap rainbows in the dream cage to give you better mileage on your car.

And the goal is not PS3/360 ports because those consoles are dead by the end of the year.  The end goal is PS4/XB1 ports and if the Wii U hardware is not powerful enough or compatible enough to accomodate that it doesn't happen.  It doesn't mean anything if you think X looks good enough.  It's like taking something from one box and trying to put it in a smaller one.  It either fits or it doesn't and you eyeballing it and saying "that smaller box should be big enough" does not make the box big enough if it isn't.

As for the general public, they probably don't care about the graphics.  But they do care about the games and if the Wii U has NO GAMES (you know, like it does now) then that's that.  That will kill the public perception of it faster than graphics ever would.

While I think there is something up with EA's attitude towards the Wii U, in general I trust the opinion of the programmers who know hardware and are working with it over us fanboys armchair quarterbacking this from a hundred miles away with no knowledge or experience in it whatsoever.  Are you a developer?  Are you working with the hardware?  No?  Then what do you know about any of this?  Some third parties will not know what they're talking about but you cannot possibly claim they are ALL full of **** just because you think THIS game looks good enough to be a PS4/XB1 game.  The hardware is either up to snuff or it isn't.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
You might as well suggest to your mechanic to be sure to trap rainbows in the dream cage to give you better mileage on your car.

This makes me laugh so much. I love the bizarreness of it all.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
While I think there is something up with EA's attitude towards the Wii U, in general I trust the opinion of the programmers who know hardware and are working with it over us fanboys armchair quarterbacking this from a hundred miles away with no knowledge or experience in it whatsoever.  Are you a developer?  Are you working with the hardware?  No?  Then what do you know about any of this?
Using that same logic, everyone, including and especially you, should STFU about Wii U hardware. Are you a CEO? Are you working on contracts with the companies that develop the technology in the components that make up the hardware and the companies that fabricate them? Do you know anything about the economics or bookkeeping of a company like Nintendo? No? Then what do you know about any of this?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
X looks great but really isn't that impressive in the eyes of other games at the show. I think Nintendo really should have went into more depth about the game. I would have loved to see playable demos of the four player sections.

The two games from nintendo I found to be most visually impressive and able to stack up wth one/ps4 were Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Lost world.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
Where is the Combat in those trailers?  I mean I see Weapons and Mechs.  If this was a game about traversing through different pretty locals in different ways, not my cup of tea but I know some people would really like it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »
The first trailer had some combat.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
When I look at the footage I see a game that looks epic and ambitious and has a graphics style that appeals to someone who's actually gone through puberty.  It looks like that I imagined Nintendo games would look like back when we were all hyped about the "Revolution".  Aside from the mechs it looks more like what I figured Zelda would look like by now.  It just seems so damn BIG and most Nintendo games seem very small, like Nintendo found the size they're comfortable with on the Gamecube and don't want to expand beyond that.

It reminds me of Rare, not that it looks like Rare games did, but that it looked different than what Nintendo themselves usually make.  I like Nintendo's consistent quality but don't need or want every game to look like an EAD game.

X looks like Monolith Soft is trying to see where games can go in the future, while EAD is making old-school 2D platformers that would have seemed dated on the Gamecube.  As a result X seems more of an "authentic" Nintendo project.  It's the sort of game Yamauchi-era Nintendo would be working on.  Ambitious projects also seem more like labours of love from the dev.  Artists have drive and ambition.  Conservative works are product dictated by shareholders.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
My cynicism wilts in the face of this game.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: X. Monolith Soft's Next Game.
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
I can't help it, guys, X just looks so damn good. Nintendo needs to push this game and push it HARD if they want a chance at a mature gaming market.

Parts of if feel like GTA mixed with Xenoblade, especially those really beautiful city shots, but that might be a bit too hopeful. I just hope that they can mix those multiplayer elements with a solid story, because if they can, it's just going to be my favorite freaking game of all time.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »
What if X is Xenosaga Episode IV?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
I hope not. I'd rather see Monolith work on something fresh with a new world than return to a preexisting franchise.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 10:28:01 PM »
I like the idea of Tetsuya Takahashi getting to finish his series. He already had to restart once after he left Squaresoft. I doubt X is Xenosaga. I just thought it might be neat idea.

Offline mysticgohan

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 11:53:38 PM »
Bah, forget Xenosaga. It's obviously Xenogears inspired! ;)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »
Def getting a Xenogears vibe, especially during the clip where he's walking through the hanger full of mechs.  Then his main mech is red.  Now, I havently played Xenogears since it came out on the PS1 but wasn't the main characters mech red also?  I might have to do some googling.  Anyway, Xenogears or Xenoblade, I'll take a sequel of either one and like it lol. 

EDIT:  Now that I've googled it, the main mech wasn't red.  One thing that struck me though is that this game has to be a sequal in someway to Xenogears.  I've looked at the box arts and titles of Xenogear, all the Xenosaga's, and Xenoblade and the big red X is only prominent in Xenogears.  Xenoblade has a similar X in its box art but it is not red.  To use that striking red paintbrushed X in your trailer for this game and to use it as your tentative title really means that that X is meant to stand out.  If its to mean something, I believe its to hint at it being somewhat related to Xenogears. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:36:57 AM by Mannypon »

Offline mysticgohan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 02:15:50 AM »
Actually... His mech was a red, when Fei was ID, his Mech would change and the color would be red, Normally it would be blue, But as ID it would look abit different and Red. Fei had 3 personalities he wasn't aware of. Later on his personalities would merged, and his mech would be blue and white.

So you're still correct about the main character and the red mech :)

I loved that game, still have it. Hope we can revisit it as a sequel of sorts.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:17:53 AM by mysticgohan »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 05:06:54 AM »
Wrong. The average person can definitely tell the difference. And they can definitely tell the difference between SD and HD. Especially if you have them side by side. Casuals are blind, they'll be able to tell the difference.

I work for a telecommunications cable company, a third of the customers  can't even use a remote. Many cannot tell the difference.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:08:56 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline mysticgohan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 05:38:43 PM »
lol Perm, what's with people? is it really hard to operate a remote? Do you have to visit these people? xD

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 07:31:04 PM »
What if X is Xenosaga Episode IV?

Then I hope it would mean we get a release of Episodes 1-3.

Offline mysticgohan

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:42 AM »
Hey Triez, think we'll get a Gundam Wing game? ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »
One can dream. But when I saw the trailer for this and the opening bit of the mech hanger and the character firing it up, I got a real Gundam vibe with it and that made me pay very close to attention to what was being shown. It's probably the closest we'll get to a Gundam game for now.

Offline mysticgohan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 12:51:06 AM »
You'd think it be a real possibility, seeing how close bandai/namco are to nintendo.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »
Hey Triez, think we'll get a Gundam Wing game? ;)

Maybe not specifically Gundam Wing, but it's a safe bet Wii U will get a Gundam game since almost every Nintendo system has (NES had 1, SNES had 11, GameCube had 3, Wii had 5, Virtual Boy had 1, Game Boy had 5, Game Boy Advance had 4, DS had 4, 3DS has 2 so far). Only N64 and Game Boy Color didn't get a Gundam game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Although graphics look better than anything I've seen on the Wii U so far, its not the graphics that have me excited. If I use Xenoblade as a frame of reference then I'm way more excited about the story, environments and gameplay elements.