Author Topic: Castle Doctrine: A Fun Game  (Read 1985 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Castle Doctrine: A Fun Game
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:28:23 AM »
Castle Doctrine is an online game where you burglarize people's homes, and make your own home into a crazyman deathtrap to prevent others from doing the same to you! Use walls, pits, electrified floors, powered doors, and household pets to give intruders the business.

Have some youtubes:

I've been playing for a couple days. It's beta status right now, and 8 bucks will get you in (and the full version when it comes out).

Gameplay stuff:
- Death is permanent. You have to start over and rebuild your house if you die. So don't die, especially when testing your own home!
- You have to be able to get to the vault in your own home without burglar tools to show that it's fair.
- Your family members need a route to leave the house. The wife carries money (half?) and the rest is in the safe.
- You can carry up to 8 tools for burlging.

So hey, eight bucks and it's pretty fun and terribly addictive. It's a little frustrating at first maybe, so play it cool and don't feel bad when you die.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Castle Doctrine: A Fun Game
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:16:25 AM »
It's Jason Rohrer so I'll get it. The guy just has great ideas for unique games. I still think Sleep Is Death was amazing.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Recently a local man shot a car thief through back windows of vehicle as the thief was driving it out of his driveway.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
He will probably get in trouble, the law doesn't say you have the right to shoot someone stealing a car (unless they are driving it right at you).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »
He will probably get in trouble, the law doesn't say you have the right to shoot someone stealing a car (unless they are driving it right at you).

It's a bit of a controversy. This was the fifth car theft in the neighborhood in the past month, the shooter claimed he saw the driving thief brandish a gun, but no charges have been filed against the shooter.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:11:41 AM »
This is not the thread to discuss the law. It is, however, a thread to discuss making electrified floor puzzles with dog-activated buttons.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:21 PM »
So a game based on the Home Alone concept?  I may check this out.