Author Topic: This Week in Nintendo Downloads  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
The sequel to an old school Capcom brawler invades Virtual Console, accompanied by a pinball game for DSiWare and Gravitronix for WiiWare.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20136

This Week in Nintendo Downloads brings us one title for each downloadable service.    

Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon for DSiWare is the first title this week. This is a pinball game witha Greek mythology theme. In this game players try to clear mythic quests, collect special gifts, and conquer mythical enemies, such as Medusa or the Sirens. Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon is rated E by the ESRB and is available for 500 DSi Points ($5).    

Final Fight 2 for Virtual Console is the second game in the Final Fight series. The Mad Gear gang re-emerges from defeat with a vengeance, kidnapping Genryusai and his daughter Rena. You play as Haggar, Maki, or Carlos in order to defeat the Mad Gear Gang and rescue Genryusai and Rena. Final Fight 2 is rated E10 and is available for 800 Wii Points ($8).    

Gravitronix for WiiWare is the final game this week. In this game players try to defend their territory from projectiles while trying to destroy an enemy's territory with projectiles. Up to two players can play in campaign mode, and up to eight players can participate in a free-for-all battle. Gravitronix is rated E by the ESRB and is available for 500 Wii Points ($5).    

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWNLOADABLE    

Oct. 12, 2009    

You can't change the laws of gravity, but with this week's lineup of downloadable games from Nintendo, you can give your fun quotient a high-flying boost. An exciting new Nintendo DSiWare™ release delivers lightning-fast pinball thrills with a mythological twist, while a vintage battle game brings classic action and intrigue to the Virtual Console™. On WiiWare™, you'll be mesmerized by a gravity-defying battle game with rich multi-player options. Take your pick and prepare for lift-off.    

Nintendo DSiWare    

Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon™
 Publisher: Nintendo
 Players: 1
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
 Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
 Description: Pinball takes on mythological proportions in this Nintendo DSiWare exclusive. Choose from two modes of play (Regular Game or Daily Game) and begin your journey to becoming a pinball champion. Conquer mythic quests, collect gifts from the 12 Olympians, and push your skills to the limit by facing Medusa, the Sirens and more. Your portable pinball table will give you a quick adrenaline rush as you watch the steel ball fly through ramps and carom off bumpers all over the playing field. Rack up combo points, open specific game modes and enlist the Oracle for some help. Will you accept Zeus's challenge?    

Virtual Console    

Final Fight™ 2
 Original platform: Super NES™
 Publisher: Capcom USA
 Players: 1-2
 ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Violence
 Price: 800 Wii Points™
 Description: It's been several years since peace settled in Metro City. With Cody and Jessica on vacation and Guy resuming his training out of town, everything seems to be in order. But Haggar is feeling uneasy after learning that Mad Gear was not completely destroyed. Once again, the Mad Gear Gang has emerged, and this time they want revenge. They've kidnapped Guy's master, Genryusai, and Genryusai's daughter, Rena. Now Haggar must travel the globe in search of Genryusai and Rena. Hopefully, with the help of Maki and Carlos, the reign of the Mad Gear Gang will be destroyed.    

WiiWare    

Gravitronix
 Publisher: Medaverse Studios
 Players: 1-8
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
 Price: 500 Wii Points
 Description: It's time to claim your rightful place as the champion of the Gravitronix arena, but get ready to deal with up to seven other players who are all shooting for the same title. Vanquish your opponents with four different projectiles and the powerful beams of your gravity platform. Intercept attacks and take careful aim at exposed vulnerabilities. Deflect incoming projectiles or capture and charge them with energy for devastating explosive attacks. Team up with a friend and battle through campaign mode, or recruit up to eight players on a single Wii™ system in versus mode for an all-out battle. Customize your matches with a variety of different options, such as flooding the arena with projectiles or making the game insanely fast. No matter how you like to play, grab your friends and have a blast.    

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop and the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.    

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
<3 destroying Mad Gear Gang with my 16-BIT FISTS.

How many gang members have died as a result of have their face planted next to Haggar's crotch?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »
As Infernal Monkey would say, trash can meat!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
That Pinball game sounds like Pinball Quest which is fantastic. I'll wait on a review but I may have to pick it up!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
i was hoping we would get lost winds 2 just like europe  >:( :(

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 09:27:32 PM »
The pinball game is really great for 500 points. Feels like a real pinball machine (at least as far as the DS goes), and it looks really nice too.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »
I can't wait for the Pinball game. Metroid Prime Pinball was actually a very fun game, and this new game looks to follow tradition.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 01:08:30 AM »
I got the pinball game. I like it, specially when listening to the gods speak through my earphones.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 03:23:49 AM »
As Infernal Monkey would say, trash can meat!

indeed.