Author Topic: New Details from the “Play It On Wii” Series Surface  (Read 2586 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
New Details from the “Play It On Wii” Series Surface
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:42:09 AM »
Famitsu article gives details on Pikmin and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and their new control schemes.
 <a href=/newsArt.cfm?artid=17197>http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17197[/url]

Famitsu detailed some games from the upcoming “Play it on Wii” collection, a series of GameCube games which will be re-released on the Wii with new controls and other improvements.

First to be released will be Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, the critically acclaimed platform/rhythm game from the team that brought us Super Mario Galaxy on Wii.  Players will control Donkey Kong with the control stick and jump with A, much simpler than the GameCube version which used the Bongo controllers for movement and attacks.  Punching and other attacks will be handled with gestures on the Wii Remote.    <P>
One improvement is the inclusion of save points in the levels, addressing previous complaints about having to replay large parts of the level again.  This remake will also contain several new levels, which may please owners of the GameCube version who are deciding on whether to purchase this.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat will release on the 11th of December in Japan.

Pikmin was also previewed in the magazine, but it seems there will not be as many changes to it as other titles.  Direct control of Captain Olimar is handled with the nunchuck and the Wii Remote pointer works as you may expect; players point exactly where they want the Pikmin to move to or be thrown followed by a press of the A button.

Other than that no new modes or levels were mentioned.

Pikmin will be released a little later on the 25 of December.

Titles mentioned for a 2009 release include: the Metroid Prime series, Pikmin 2, Mario Tennis and Chibi Robo.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:25:51 AM by TheYoungerPlumber »
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline pyrokamileon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Details from the “Play It On Wii” Series Surface
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:58:43 AM »
I have jungle beat already but I honestly didn't play it much, guess the bongo control scheme just didn't do it for me. this sounds much simpler but for the punching part. guess we'll wait n see...
At some point, I'd think Nintendo fans would get sick of the anticipation and just say "screw it," but Nintendophiles are odd, odd creatures indeed.<BR>—Chris Carle, IGN

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:34:28 AM »
One improvement is the inclusion of save points in the levels, addressing previous complaints about having to replay large parts of the level again. 

What? Who complained about this? I can't actually think of a section of the game where this complain is even remotely valid.

**** is perfect and they're fucking with it and daring to call them improvements. I wish this didn't have new levels so I wouldn't have the think about it ever.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »
I'm looking for Pikmin 2 out of this. I rented P1 but that didn't really do it for me but I heard P2 is an improvement.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
Well I'm excited for Pikmin 1, which I got with my GameCube for Christmas in 2001 but foolishly sold. Pikmin 2 is 7th on my all-time greatest games list and I'd like to give the original another shot. I'd also like to see how well they do the controls and if I really like them I may pick up Pikmin 2 even though I already own the GC disc. Also, I got into Metroid Prime late with the third game last year and really enjoyed it so I'll probably pick up the first two.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »
I'm looking for Pikmin 2 out of this. I rented P1 but that didn't really do it for me but I heard P2 is an improvement.

Thats definitely debatable. I've never played P2 though.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 04:32:37 AM »
Also, I got into Metroid Prime late with the third game last year and really enjoyed it so I'll probably pick up the first two.

That's definitely a good idea. MP1 was my favourite of the three, I liked the environments and weapons the best.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”