Author Topic: Your Life’s Rhythm DS  (Read 1869 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Your Life’s Rhythm DS
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
Another fitness game with an accessory from Nintendo, but for the Nintendo DS.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17039

Via an announcement through Nintendo's Japanese website and as reported by Famitsu, Nintendo is going to release another fitness game - but this time for the Nintendo DS.    

Called Aruite Wakaru : Seikatsu Rhythm DS, this can be translated as “a way to understand your life’s rhythm.”  Using a compatible Nintendo DS pedometer, players can measure how far they walk in a day by simply putting the device in their pocket or a bag they carry with them.    

Intriguingly, this is the first game to allow transfers of Mii’s from the Wii console directly to the DS software. For people without a Wii, it is also possible to create a Mii character using the built in editor, which closely resembles the Wii’s Mii Channel interface.    

The software allows up to four people to register their data, all requiring separate pedometers. As each pedometer will be linked to an individual, it will not be possible to share one device.    However, the software comes bundled with two pedometers, one black and one white, with additional units available separately.  There is also a function for dog owners to measure how far they have walked their dog, requiring the dog to have its own pedometer attached to its collar.    

At the end of the day, users will sync their pedometer with the software by attaching it to the DS game slot.    It will then process how many steps you have done that day and at what time, this is to show you how active you have been throughout the day.    Data can be viewed by hour, day or week, Nintendo hopes that understanding of when you are most or least active will lead you to a healthier life.    

The software and two pedometers will cost 5,800 Yen (approx. $57 US) while extra pedometers will be 1,800 Yen each ($17).  It will release in Japan on November 1, and there is no word of plans for a North American release at this time.

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Your Life’s Rhythm DS
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
Okay, is useless sh!t like a big industry in Japan?  Life's rhythm?  Huh?  It's like they ran out of useful ideas like fitness, brain power, learning a new language, and are now making stuff up.

I'm pretty sure blue ocean strategy is just Nintendo's plan to sell accessories.  They tried selling junk like the e-Reader to gamers and it didn't fly so they seeked out a new audience that would buy any trinket Nintendo can come up with.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »
You just don't get it, do you?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
I touched on that very point in a funhouse article
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=26179.0
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
I love rhythm games!

...oh :(