Author Topic: FF : Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time Announced for Wii and DS  (Read 2862 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Not to be confused with FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16870

Square Enix’s news from Jump magazine has surprised everyone; the Final Fantasy game previewed was not the single-player adventure The Crystal Bearers, but an entirely new game for both the Wii and the Nintendo DS.    

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time is apparently a sequel to the Nintendo DS game Rings of Fate.  Primarily a multiplayer game, up to four players will choose from four different classes to do battle together.  According to the article, both local multiplayer and play over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection will be in the final release.    

Using what is being labeled the Pollux Engine, players will be able to connect the Wii and DS versions of the game, sharing data across platforms.  Screenshots also revealed that Mii data will be able to be transferred to the DS, allowing players to have their customised character on the handheld system as well.    

Both the DS and Wii version will be released simultaneously for the same price of 4,800 Yen (~$45) making it a regularly priced DS game, but an attractively priced Wii game.    

It is scheduled for release in Japan on January 29.

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: FF : Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time Announced for Wii and DS
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »
Wii game and DS game same price? that seems crazy for me.

I wonder how the wii game will turn out. It's odd this game seemed to come out of nowhere now to get a release date. I wonder if squarenix is just throwing up the game and calling it a day. It just seems like Squarenix really cared about the game it would of released a trailer at last weeks Nintendo conference.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:49:44 PM »
So uhhh.... Crystal Bearers can be considered vaporware now?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:51:40 PM »
Wii game and DS game same price? that seems crazy for me.

It's Squenix... ='D

It just seems like Squarenix really cared about the game it would of released a trailer at last weeks Nintendo conference.

Uh, they DID...

So uhhh.... Crystal Bearers can be considered vaporware now?

Nope...Crystal Bearers is a single player game, while this is multiplayer-focused...Plus, Squenix to my knowledge has never canceled a game ever...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~