Author Topic: DDR  (Read 14640 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
DDR
« on: February 15, 2003, 12:04:09 PM »
I went to an arcade in my area today that had a DDR machine. I'd never played it before and my friends said it was great, so I tried it out. Even though I sucked, I have to say it's easily the best arcade game I've ever played. It's incredibly fun and extremely addictive- I'd play it all the time if the arcade was closer and I had money to blow. It's just a great game. I'm definetly looking into buying the home version and a mat.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Ace

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 12:16:21 PM »
I know what you mean mouseclicker.  I just bought a psone yesterday to play ddr.  Man i love that game, but i cant STAND that announcer!!!
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 06:23:18 PM »
I bought DDR Max last weekend and have gotten hooked in under a week. I bought 3rd and 4th mix this weekend and have seriously become a ddr freak. (pun yes I know) As for our resident ddr PARANOIA SUPER man, Ty, he hasn't been in the forums in a while/  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 10:47:15 AM »
Manunited: Can you suggest a good, inexpensive mat to use for the home version? I know of several good ones, but they're very expensive (around $100), and the cheaper ones suck I've heard.

As for being DDR freaks, some guy I was watching got a 216 point combo on a step 6 I think- he only got one good- the rest were all perfects or greats.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
DDR
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 04:42:22 AM »
I'm absolutly maddly in love with the Game so much so that me and one of my business partners are going to push to buy a machine for my business. (One way to keep the Otakus fit.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 06:23:12 AM »
What I did was buy a cheap one off of ebay and then buy a few pieces of self adhesive vinyl tile and a piece of plywood. I had the wood cut to the size, and then cut out the button shapes in the tile. I stuck the tyle to the board and then nailed the mat down with carpet tacks. All in all it took me about 3 hours to do it, but it was worth it.

Offline Shadow_Troopa

• View Profile
DDR
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 09:56:57 AM »
  Hey im a DDR freak too.
Anyways, can the PSone mat for DDR work on PS2 cause I wanna get DDR max without buying another.

NOTE:I have the import versions of DDR so I can not test it because my PS2 is not chipped, thanks.  
|-O-|  (-O-)  |-O-|
 TIEFIGHTERSWILLDESTROYYOU!!!
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2003, 10:46:18 AM »
Shadow: It should- since a mat is a substitute for a controller, and we know they work between the PSX and PS2, I see no reason why your mat shouldn't work.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 03:09:16 PM »
Yes, it does, I bought a mat that was formally used for DDR on PSX.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 04:23:38 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
As for being DDR freaks, some guy I was watching got a 216 point combo on a step 6 I think- he only got one good- the rest were all perfects or greats.

Hey guys, I'm using the internet!

Hey, I saw a guy full combo a bunch of 9s with 90% perfects, get 100% perfects on songs up to 5 feet, and get combos in the thousands on ranking courses. I think his name was Ty something.

DDR
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2003, 06:09:37 PM »
could someone explain what DDR is?
it was time for a change.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2003, 08:52:31 PM »
Yeah, it's the arrow smashing wacky music dancing game. Exhibit A:

http://www.ddrfreak.com/videos.php

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 02:26:47 AM »
Ty: That goes beyond the boundaries of "incredible" and passes into the land so many others cross into that can only be called "pathetic". How often and how long do you practice, man, and how did you ever have time for the site?

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2003, 11:21:54 AM »
What happened to the sewers Ty?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2003, 12:26:24 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clickerHow often and how long do you practice

I go to the arcade between one and five times a week and play for hours generally. I play at home sometimes, but not that often.

DDR
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2003, 01:22:57 PM »
Oh okay.  Now I know and knowing is half the battle "G.I.Joe!"
Actuallly, I went to the movies a couple weeks ago with some of my friends and we saw this guy just dancing in this room and he looked real intense.  We watched him for probaly 20 min until we realized he was on an arcade machine.  I thought he was playing that Britney Spears dancing game.  He was going pretty fast.  Looked like he was having fun, I'll have to try it.  What stores sell mats for the game? (I'm assuming most game stores sell the game, but I've been in a lot and have never seen mats for the dance game there.)
it was time for a change.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2003, 02:09:25 PM »
Well then you must be a god at foot-eye coordination, Ty- how lnog have you been going to the arcade for the game? Since it's been there?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2003, 02:17:48 PM »
Yeah, since my arcade got 3rd mix two years ago (I think)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2003, 02:24:22 PM »
Well then maybe you're a good person to ask- what's a good mat to use at home? Manunited suggest I mod one, but I don't really have the time or the resources to do that (mainly the resources). Is there a quality mat I can buy that I don't have to mod?

Offline Shadow_Troopa

• View Profile
DDR
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2003, 04:14:33 PM »
 I played 7th mix (same as DDR MAx) and someone laphed at me cause there was a new move called the freeze step where you leave your foot on the arrow.  What I was doing was repeatedly pressing the step, really embarrising

But I once played Tony Hawk 2 with the dance pad, really fun, felt like I was really skating
|-O-|  (-O-)  |-O-|
 TIEFIGHTERSWILLDESTROYYOU!!!
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 06:46:10 PM »

Well then maybe you're a good person to ask- what's a good mat to use at home? Manunited suggest I mod one, but I don't really have the time or the resources to do that (mainly the resources). Is there a quality mat I can buy that I don't have to mod?

http://www.beat-gear.com/ <- These guys have a nifty metal pad, but it's $350 I think. Otherwise, you're pretty much outta luck unless you build one.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2003, 02:32:06 AM »
Yeah, I'm also 14, Ty, with nullo income. I was lucky enough to have saved around $250 now, but I'm not going to blow all that on a single dance pad. Are you telling me there's NO good soft pads?

Offline Ace

• View Profile
DDR
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2003, 08:25:07 AM »
Mouse_Clicker, I wouldn't buy from them, seeing as only a few people have gotten their pads and there are plenty of pissed off people in the fourms who have not gotten their pad in over 18 months.  The you could get one of those soft pads with foam in the middle.  You can find a lot of them on ebay, or any pad for that matter.
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2003, 11:29:50 AM »
Look at the store at ddr freak and find one of the nicer soft pads. Go on ebay and look it up. Save 20 dollars, be happy.  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2003, 11:51:59 AM »

Are you telling me there's NO good soft pads?

Yes