Author Topic: Just Dance 2020 Announced For Switch And Wii  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Just Dance 2020 Announced For Switch And Wii
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:05:19 AM »

We seemingly say this every year, but that is NOT a typo.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/50764/just-dance-2020-announced-for-switch-and-wii

Just Dance 2020 is going to make history.

Ubisoft's annual dancing game will launch in November 2019, and will come out on Switch and Wii. Unlike prior years, a Wii U version will not be available, but the Wii version can be played on it.

With Just Dance's release, the Wii has now had game releases in 14 years, making it the longest supported Nintendo console in history and tying the original Game Boy as the longest supported system overall.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Just Dance 2020 Announced For Switch And Wii
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 05:11:07 PM »
Someone called this in the E3 predictions thread...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »
I wonder what kind of legacy these late Wii Just Dance releases will have years from now from a retro game collecting standpoint.  On one hand, they're Just Dance games which are effectively worthless unless you're going for a complete Wii collection.  But on the other I can't imagine that games being released this long after a system was discontinued are made in large quantities so they might end up legitimately rare.  So you end up with a rare title that few retro gamers would really want to play that's a common title on another system.  That's an odd scenario.  I guess if it ends up being really rare the price will be high solely from collectors wanting every Wii game.  Stadium Events on the NES is worth thousands but it is literally just World Class Track Meet, a game that costs only a few bucks, with a different name.  No one is driving the price up just to play it, but enough collectors want it and the game is rare enough to inflate the price.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:37:31 PM »
I had a feeling it would be Wii and not Wii U, probably my only prediction to come true and it's one I don't care about...

Wii U collectors are probably breathing a sigh of relief that they don't have to buy another one of these.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:42:48 PM »
I legit wonder how many people are buying Just Dance on Wii at this point thinking it is going to be a rare 'last title'.  Then it's not, so they have to buy the next one.

Meanwhile, it's cheap to make and UBISoft is seeing all these sales and is like "Well, they want it..."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 08:30:05 PM »
I legit wonder how many people are buying Just Dance on Wii at this point thinking it is going to be a rare 'last title'.  Then it's not, so they have to buy the next one.

Meanwhile, it's cheap to make and UBISoft is seeing all these sales and is like "Well, they want it..."

Hahahahaha! I'd love if this was the main reason behind it. A never-ending vicious cycle of who will blink first.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 10:04:06 PM »
The year is 2137 and UbiSoft just announced Just Dance 137 for the Nintendo Holodeck, Microsoft X-Holosuite, Sony Playstation 27 and the Nintendo Wii, with a mobile Tricorder version expected around the same time.

Offline Vrgin X

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:10:51 AM »
It's mostly hospitals and retirement homes that keep this franchise alive on the long dead Wii...
Vrgin X 4425-1527-9290

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 12:16:46 AM »
It's mostly hospitals and retirement homes that keep this franchise alive on the long dead Wii...

Hahaha. The old people love dancing to today's modern hits, do they? Shake that iron hip, grandma! The warranty on it won't last forever! Test that stitching by twisting your body to the beat. If it doesn't break open then you are clear to go home following your surgery.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 12:25:05 AM »
This is true. Home owners in the house we are buying are older folks and they have a Wii prominently displayed with copies of Wii Sports and Just Dance on the shelf. No other gaming equipment in sight. Either the Realtor staging the house went above and beyond their job or that couple still use it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »
This does make Axiom Verge the last physical Wii U game that was released so there's that.