Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)  (Read 236992 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (MCU on the TV-View: WandaVision)
« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
I'm just gonna share this as they reference some comics that could be sharing where this is going

New Rockstars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy6z5Q-PuAk

Once again, Mephisto keeps coming up. West Coast Avengers and comic history between Wanda, Agness, the kids, Mephisto, and White Vision.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2021, 05:18:29 PM »
>Someone Paul Bettany has never worked with before iirc...

A youtuber played the clip from the interview where he said this and looking at things now, Bettany was talking about.... working with Bettany.

"It's an actor that I've longed to work with all of my life," said Bettany. "We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It's just fireworks on set. So, I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."

He's being cheeky.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2021, 06:28:42 PM »
BlackNMarvel2k1:

UncleBob: *nonchalantly sips soda* Prolly Bettany.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2021, 01:21:04 AM »
The actress playing Monica was also teasing about being excited to reveal who her "engineer friend" was, and so far it turned out to ne fuckingnothing.gif.
If Bettany was teasing being able to act with himself (OG Vision vs White Vision), that would actually make perfect fucking sense, and I should have though to of that after having seen the episode.

Now they just need to reveal that Monica's "engineer friend" is a Skrull or something, because that minor "hype" she did was a dud so far. I'm not even sure her female engineer friend had a name. LOL

page from the comics: White Vision, Wanda, and the kids
https://abload.de/img/414ug9.jpg
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:07:02 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »
Yeah, we were quite confused about the engineer line. Wife thought it was the commander they met at that camp because who else had any screen time? It could be a breadcrumb for a future series, but such an odd thing to latch on to by the actress.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2021, 07:00:30 PM »
The thing is, that the Actresses script could have a name of who the character really is...and that actor may have a contract to be involved in more shows...and we don't know.  And maybe it won't be even acknowledged in this series.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 05, 2021, 04:18:16 AM »
Season (Mini-Series) Finale!!!

:siren: Mid Credit & Post Credit Scene :siren:

We finally found out who Ralph was (Ralph Boehner)
Vision v Vision, I am the real vision v neither of us are the real vision! Who's the real Vision now?
Hayward exposes himself to Woo, Darcy turns him in for indecent exposure
Monica sacrifices herself to save 2 fake children... children die in the end anyway. (Monica survives and is summoned away)
Agatha thought she had Wanda out smarted, but turns out Wanda is a quick study.

Something tells me that after the sabbatical, the WandaVision family may be seen again, but no Hex needed this time.

In the end, Monica has new powers to explore, and she didn't seem all that curious about them while developing them.... I found that to be a bit weird.
and Wanda will get a HUGE power buff by astral learning the Darkhold.... which I'm sure is the connection to Doctor Strange. I'm guessing Agatha will be her "mentor"/"trainer" even though she was kinda left behind in Westview and not shown in the post credit scene.

No Mutants, no Sorcerer Supreme cameo (just a name drop), no Multi-verse, No Mephisto, No Nightmare.

but I'm ready for Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Let's GOOOOOOO!!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 05, 2021, 07:48:45 AM »
And Wanda's new duds look amazing. Can't wait to see more of those.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »
B&M:  If she finishes that book does she really need Agatha?  Seriously, she is studying a book that is explaining all her powers which seem to be quite different than other magicians...so much so they wrote a book how to defeat her.  I think she definitely could become a Dark Phoenix like villain...which would be fun, since The Scarlet Witch I believe started as a villain then became a hero...so to basically start as an Avenger (I know Age of Ultron) but really that was an origin story...and become a Villain would be cool. 

The series finale definitely had the emotional drama and the feels, but overall I feel this series could have been told as a single movie...and feel better.  There wasn't that much that truly happened in this story.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2021, 10:36:19 AM »
Wanda's new fit was looking great, even the tiara.
They nailed it. It was sexy without being revealing, and classy while she also looked powerful. Like Queen of the Witches.

as for Agatha.... Wanda gonna need someone to experiment on that she won't feel guilty about.

but we also forgot about Mr. Scratchy..... just an easter egg?
We haven't seen the last of Agatha, so maybe Mr. Scratchy has more story as well? (failed summoning of Mephisto? just a transmutation?)

Also where does new Vision pop up next? He just took off after HexVision executed the Memdows Recovery Disc on him. Too bad he didn't upload his new experiences/consciousness from the Hex as well.... or maybe he did?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:42:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
That Vision v Vision fight scene was just wonderful. Very exciting with a very interesting power set to dual. The only complaint I had was that they fell into that stupid trope again where you have the two beams hitting each other from either end with one eventually being overpowered.

I hope anyone that's had absolutely anything to do with the Arrowverse was watching this and feeling woefully inadequate and embarrassed.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2021, 03:47:03 PM »
Agatha might cackle like a witch, but then you wonder if she was really a bad person after all? I mean she existed for hundreds of years without upsetting the order of the universe. She said she takes powers from those that aren't worthy. With all the bad witch stuff Wanda was doing to that town as someone who is responsible about their powers Agatha might have wanted to restore balance. She's not even a villain in the comics. I'm rating her as neutral. But she did kill a dog.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2021, 04:37:33 PM »
That Vision v Vision fight scene was just wonderful. Very exciting with a very interesting power set to dual. The only complaint I had was that they fell into that stupid trope again where you have the two beams hitting each other from either end with one eventually being overpowered.

I hope anyone that's had absolutely anything to do with the Arrowverse was watching this and feeling woefully inadequate and embarrassed.

That fight scene probably had a budget larger than an entire seasonal arc of any particular Arrowverse show. But yes, they should probably still feel ashamed. I agree.

Agatha might cackle like a witch, but then you wonder if she was really a bad person after all? I mean she existed for hundreds of years without upsetting the order of the universe. She said she takes powers from those that aren't worthy. With all the bad witch stuff Wanda was doing to that town as someone who is responsible about their powers Agatha might have wanted to restore balance. She's not even a villain in the comics. I'm rating her as neutral. But she did kill a dog.

Was that dog even real though? that dog may have been a transmuted insect of some sort.
But I'm sure Agatha is misunderstood, just as was Wanda.
Agatha could've came at Wanda differently, but instead she chose to challenge her over her powers and their usage. She came at the queen and missed... wide left.
a miscalculation she likely won't make again.

One other thing I forgot to mention, the Darkhold (I liked the AoS version where is spelled darkhold both ways), was clearly different. So unless there is more than once copy of the book, which is possible, our chances of AoS becoming Non-Multiversal Cannon (prior to a certain point) have just sunk even lower.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 04:49:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »

That fight scene probably had a budget larger than an entire seasonal arc of any particular Arrowverse show. But yes, they should probably still feel ashamed. I agree.

No doubt. But I was referring more to the entire show than just that fight scene. The writing was infinitely better. And I didn't yell at the TV once like I used to do when watching the Arrowverse shows.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2021, 09:13:10 PM »
and remember Sam Raimi is directing Doctor Strange 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB5GBvOqEY
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2021, 09:52:50 PM »
and remember Sam Raimi is directing Doctor Strange 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB5GBvOqEY

And Bruce Campbell already teased his part in the film being filmed already.
w/o actually saying what film it was he was finished shooting, of course.

also:
they all about to be back soon (except for Vision, HexVision, and the kids)

and I actually liked the kids.
I wonder if where White Vision shows up next, and when the next time we see the Vision Family.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:58:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2021, 10:03:09 PM »
What a finale! I love that the ending positioned Wanda to be both a powerful force and potential focal point for the MCU. It seemed like all the key protagonists split off for their own things. Hopes were high for the number of new focal points, but I still felt satisfied for what we got.

I suspect Wanda goes back to Agatha for training. And it's possible she attempts to steal another book. Either way, I'm excited to see how she turns up in Dr. Strange 2.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2021, 10:07:44 PM »
The Darkhold will only show her so much. There is SOOOOOO much more to know, which is why Strange is was constantly raiding the library and astral studying in his sleep. The only way he was able to become Sorcerer Supreme in such a short amount of time.

Wanda may have to go back to Agatha to know more, or find out where to learn more.
Of course going straight to Strange is always a possibility, but Wanda vs Strange will be way more interesting.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2021, 02:43:22 AM »
Hey, Marvel built up yet another big fight at the end between two heroes with similar powers... twice.  Agatha vs. Wanda, Vision vs. Vision.  There's a twist!

DS:MoM is just going to end with Strange fighting an Evil Dr. Strange from another universe. 🤣

Let's be real - If this were any other show that wasn't Marvel where we had no guarantee of a second season or 100 hours of upcoming content to expand on everything... none of us would be happy with that ending.

There's easily a dozen plot threads left dangling.

And yet... I am okay with that.  Maybe it's because I know they're world building and we'll have plenty of room to work with all this down the road.

All that said, it's absolutely weird that I had never heard of the Ship Of Theseus until a very short while ago (I want to say it was brought up on some random YouTube video I watched) and, blam, Vision mentions it and I'm like "Hey, I know that..."  It's like when you were just talking about something, then see ads for that something on Facebook (except I don't see ads on Facebook....)  Very weird.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2021, 01:11:51 PM »
It seemed like all the key protagonists split off for their own things.
Unfortunately. I need that Jimmy Woo/Darcy Lewis The M Files show.
I suspect Wanda goes back to Agatha for training. And it's possible she attempts to steal another book. Either way, I'm excited to see how she turns up in Dr. Strange 2.
That’s the impression I got. Agatha trains Wanda in the comics, right? Agatha is one of the few Marvel villains who didn’t get immediately discarded. She may not have quite reached Loki/Thanos/Killmonger levels, but she is the only one with a theme song and that has to count for something. I’m looking forward to seeing Kathryn Hahn return.

Not sure I see Wanda stealing some magic books. She could just ask, yeah? I’m excited to see where the Multiverse of Madness goes.
There's easily a dozen plot threads left dangling.
Such as?

I don’t mean that rhetorically. I’ve only watched each episode once so I can only remember a few. White Vision and Darcy both separately Poochie’d out of there. I thought it was kind of weird that White Vision gets his memories back, sees Wanda fighting a witch yet still fucks off to parts unknown. I wouldn’t count the mid and end credits scenes.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »
White Vision is the biggest.  Darcy with one line and gone seemed like a dropped thread.  Everything with Monica.Even without the stinger, you know the kids are still a thing.  Woo's missing person.  Few other things.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »
Seemingly forgotten is the "missing person" case that brought Woo to NJ in the first place.
Was it Boehner?

Most everything else I'm sure will be picked up at a later date and time.

Anyone care to speculate as to where Bleached Vision flew off to in such a hurry, and where he'll turn up next?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2021, 08:28:59 PM »
Vision took off because he still had some things to work through I think. Probably went to revisit places in his memories. In a later show we'll probably see him (or see him tell someone) where he went and what he thought and he ends up back in Westview to begin looking for Wanda unless he can sense here elsewhere. (Maybe he shows up when Wanda goes to get Agatha).

I thought that the not-Pietro was the missing person Woo was looking for but maybe I just assumed that on my own.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2021, 10:35:46 PM »
Most everything else I'm sure will be picked up at a later date and time.

No doubt.  But for a "Series Finale", this leaves me about as unsatisfied as Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Something else I didn't like - Wanda basically tortured an entire town for, what, weeks?  And at the end, Monica is al "Well, bye."  Like, I get it, your life sucks Wanda.  But you don't get to torture an entire town because of it.  On one hand, I'm glad they didn't cop out and make it not be her, but since she doesn't have to deal with any of the fallout, they might as well have.  You know, in case Wanda didn't already give the world enough of a reason for a superhero registry.

What did Haywood do that ends up with him in cuffs anyway?  Agatha gets to live a normal life as a freeish person.  Wanda gets to live in a remote cabin and hone her powers.  Those two were the only people doing any harm in the entire show.  Heck, Agatha's harm is even debatable.  But Haywood is treated as the bad guy?  For, what, doing his job?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2021, 04:13:20 AM »
Something else I didn't like - Wanda basically tortured an entire town for, what, weeks?  And at the end, Monica is al "Well, bye."  Like, I get it, your life sucks Wanda.  But you don't get to torture an entire town because of it.
I was under the impression that Marvel is going to hand-wave this away by explaining this as Wanda didn't know she was torturing an entire town. I don't agree, just saying that seems like what it's going with. I imagine she's now on some most wanted/watch lists if she wasn't already. Is the government sending anyone after her? Who's available who even stands a chance?

I wasn't disappointed in not getting an explanation to all the questions I had and not because they'll likely be answered later. Rather, I viewed Wandavision as a story about Wanda confronting her grief and to that end, I think it largely succeeds. Wanda confronting her guilt over her actions in Westview could be a completely different story. The world keeps spinning after the credits roll or the last line on the page.
What did Haywood do that ends up with him in cuffs anyway?  Agatha gets to live a normal life as a freeish person.  Wanda gets to live in a remote cabin and hone her powers.  Those two were the only people doing any harm in the entire show.  Heck, Agatha's harm is even debatable.  But Haywood is treated as the bad guy?  For, what, doing his job?
Attempted murder, reckless endangerment, conspiracy to commit a crime, tampering with evidence, and I'm sure a litany of others I'm not aware of as a non-expert in law. Despite being the Acting Director of S.W.O.R.D., Hayward may have overstepped his authority on numerous occasions but notably after Wanda expanded the Hex. He was all "Release The Vision!" and his conversation with Woo in the finale suggested Hayward absolutely should not be doing that. When White Vision fucks off, Hayward is solely responsible for losing a prized and valuable asset, one he even specifically calls a weapon. Imagine losing a nuke and just sitting there like "Whoopsie daisy!" I never thought Hayward was merely "doing his job".

None of the above absolves Wanda and Agatha. However, no one knows who Agatha is. There's no footage of her doing anything; no evidence she was anything more than someone under Wanda's spell. Her punishment is handed out by Wanda, and the only two mostly uncompromised witnesses (or three if you count Darcy) aren't going to say anything. I don't think that's the show giving Agatha a pass or anything. Additionally, I kind of got the impression she's a prisoner in her own mind like everyone else in Westview was. On the surface, she's Agnes the nosy neighbor, but internally, she like, "Get me the **** out of here!"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 01:14:43 PM by Adrock »